Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    In addition to refunding fury, critical chaos strikes now cast a second chaos strike. critting with both refunds double fury
    And can also trigger an extra Inner Demons Proc!?!?!?!!?!?!??

Been awhile since I ahve posted here now due to University exams, but I will write a longer one on how Demon Hunter feels now after the purge. I leveled one to 110 again and currently redoing all of Suramar. Will be giving my 2 cents, both here and on the Alpha forums.
    @Orloth
    As this post will be rather long, do you want me to make a new one, or stick it in here?

@Sangomah: Here is fine.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    In addition to refunding fury, critical chaos strikes now cast a second chaos strike. critting with both refunds double fury
    Chaos Cleave now has CS linked in the same fashion that CS links the MH and OH attacks. If one crits they both crit and now they don't have double the chance to gain fury they way it used to be but it's still awesome.

Although I will say that the range of Chaos Cleave seems to be narrower than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Yeah you don't even have to move forward, just macro 'em together. lool.
    Confirmed.

VR into Felblade mid-air does still work btw.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Confirmed.

VR into Felblade mid-air does still work btw.
    Yeah, I think i was hitting some lag or something weird before. You can still do it provided you're out of melee range.

So after a longer abscence of the thread, here is my take on the Havoc Demon Hunter after the great purge and the first build of Beta

The spec did not change much from the last builds of Alpha to Beta, although the nerfs in the last builds of Alpha were pretty justified. That said there are still some issues that I feel I need to address.

Leveling:

Leveling in wow has mostly been about getting to the "real" game, which is endgame. Demon Hunter seems to have even more emphasis on this due to how we get our talents. Right now we are still stuck with only 2 talent rows at 100, meaning the leveling from 100-102 is pretty frustrating. During this time we are pretty much a 2 button class as we do not have access to our first rotaitonal impact row which is 102. After that we need 4 more levels to get to 106 and then it another 4 levels until our 110 row.

TO me, this meant leveling felt even more like a chore than normal, and although several of the Alpha testers chimed in on the need for restructuring of how and when we got our talents, it seems that Blizzard is intent on having it as it is.

Scaling from 100-102/3 is still really rough and even more noticeable with the nerf to Demonic Appetite. It heals for very little, meaning pulling more than 1 or 2 mobs might actually kill you. The Artifact quest is really rough, especially the first mini boss. It is a bit easier after they introduced Imprison, but it is still really rough.

Demonic Appetite is balanced around Soul Rending and somewhat Demonic, due to how absurd the self healing was, but it creates a glaring issue regarding leveling as it is part of our early sustain. The Fury is still nice.

The reason I mean it is part of our early sustain, is that we do not have enough abilities to actually kill stuff fast due to how weird the scaling is, that the talent is more or less mandatory until you hit 102.

THe class also doesn't feel whole until you hit 110 which, for better or worse, might throw people off the class when they try it out. If you haven't been following the forums or watching streams, the class will feel rather bad and build around the stigma of the 2 button class that was portrayed at Blizzcon and early builds.

Max level

As you hit 110, everything changes. The class actually feels complete at this point, and you can make some meaningful decisions regarding talents, your sustain is good, and you feel that you can actually do some decent dps. Our solo capability with Demonic is still pretty high, but not has high as it was pre DA nerf. Prep and Momentum seems more and more like mandatory talents in group content, but Fel Eruption and Unleashed Power are very good solo talents that can be utilized well vs some of the harder world quests. Not having gear, especially in Suramar at the early gear levels (780ish), can be rough, but you dont feel weak as you do during leveling, so it is something every class deals with.

Issues

Meantioned some, so won't repeat them, but there are other problems that we currently phase. (pun intended)

Demon Reborn is still not remotely useful, and I do not know why they are so stubborn regarding this talent. It is either because they don't have an alternative, or they see a use we don't. (Apart from the fel rush with the flag from 1 end to the other)

Bloodlet is inferior to both talents in the 106 row. 190% is way to little and needs to be popped up to 230% at least imo. (People that are good at math prob have a more exact number)

Momentum and Prepared are more or less mandatory considering our spec more or less revolves around buffing Chaos Strike as much as possible. Momentum also buffs all our damage.

Fel Barrage was not working properly when I tested it in the first Beta build (will test it again in the one released today), so can't really say anything about it atm, but it needs to proc more often than it did in Alpha.

Chaos Blades is also inferior to Demonic, due to how absurdly strong Annihilation is atm.

Current Verdict

Class has come a long way since Christmas, and we are very close to being where we should be.

Design choice seems to be set in buffing Chaos Strike and for me personally, I don't mind this, but it would be nice to have more of a choice in talents than we currently have.

so is fel blade the "to go" now or is first blood still better in theory? i tried both and while fel blade feels better with prepared i have about the same results with both specs.
    also > at how many targets do you weave in blade dance without first blood but chaos cleave skilled?

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    so is fel blade the "to go" now or is first blood still better in theory? i tried both and while fel blade feels better with prepared i have about the same results with both specs.
    also > at how many targets do you weave in blade dance without first blood but chaos cleave skilled?
    @wordup probably has the correct answer for this, but I will chime in anyway.

Balanced Blades make Blade Dance pretty ok, but I do believe the number is 5/6 without First Blood and 3/4 with the talent.

Felblade is the way to go now though, not only because it is the better talent, but because its a good way to get back to your target after using VR

Deleted
    Am I the only one thinking the Talent restriction system for Demon hunters isn't as bad. Mainly because we have some talents that massively outshine others and we get a pretty cookie cutter spec in that regard. So thats a yay for small victories I would say

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking the Talent restriction system for Demon hunters isn't as bad. Mainly because we have some talents that massively outshine others and we get a pretty cookie cutter spec in that regard. So thats a yay for small victories I would say
    There's been some times where I wanted to change a talent while questing and realized I couldn't, but it's not live or die if I have it so I just wait till I finish that quest and either head back to the nearest inn or hearth back to dal and do some order hall stuff quick.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched @Vanyali 's new animation cancelling video, and i can't help but imagine someone at Blizzard watching that and just breaking their keyboard over their monitor. Pretty sure they're gonna have to add a GCD (albeit, maybe just a short one) to Vengeful Retreat to prevent that nonsense from being a thing anymore.

For all the nonsense we hear about animation cancelling, at least SOMEONE is going out of their way to tinker around enough to provide evidence it's still possible and still needs remedying.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

They might add a 100% dodge thing like they did with Blade Dance and make it so you cant do anything else while VR'ing or Fel Rush for that matter. Making you pacified for the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    They might add a 100% dodge thing like they did with Blade Dance and make it so you cant do anything else while VR'ing or Fel Rush for that matter. Making you pacified for the duration.
    That could work too honestly. Either way would work, but either way both will prevent you from doing anything at the same time as VR (such as FR like Vanyali has been.)

For the people asking about darkness, yes the 50% was extremely strong. iirc this was also before nerfing the cooldown, as well.

a 20%/3min represents a more in-line raid CD for barrage/ticking/multiple hit raid damage, remembering having a raid cd at all is strong in itself as a dps (and we have an immunity that may be helpful for mechanics). I thought the 30% was ok for the RNG factor involved, but it's not a huge deal.

The cooldown has it's positives & negatives compared to say Commanding Shout - but certainly comparable now. 50% 2min cd (and the fact it could be a godly tank CD) sorta made it ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For the people asking about darkness, yes the 50% was extremely strong. iirc this was also before nerfing the cooldown, as well.

a 20%/3min represents a more in-line raid CD for barrage/ticking/multiple hit raid damage, remembering having a raid cd at all is strong in itself as a dps (and we have an immunity that may be helpful for mechanics). I thought the 30% was ok for the RNG factor involved, but it's not a huge deal.

The cooldown has it's positives & negatives compared to say Commanding Shout - but certainly comparable now. 50% 2min cd (and the fact it could be a godly tank CD) sorta made it ridiculous.
    The clarification for us plebs is much appreciated good sir. Thank you.

For the first time I looked at the legendary items for havoc today and I just realized that compared to other classes those seem awefully weak. http://beta.wowdb.com/items/137061-r...cascading-eyes seems to be the strongest of them and even that is not even close to the power of some other legendarys. What is your opinion on that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    For the first time I looked at the legendary items for havoc today and I just realized that compared to other classes those seem awefully weak. http://beta.wowdb.com/items/137061-r...cascading-eyes seems to be the strongest of them and even that is not even close to the power of some other legendarys. What is your opinion on that?
    The ring that gives 1-20 extra fury is massively powerfull, if only for the fact that less time pushing Demon's bite= More time for chaos strikes which do alot more damage.

Edit is it also me or did they nerf the headpiece from 1 second to 0,5 second per crit hit.

The ring is insane legendary wise.

That Said, I think that the naturen of dark Ness makes it way too rng at 20% but Will have to test it in a raid setting before judging it.
    Last edited by Sangomah; 2016-05-20 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Auto correct...

It's RNG makes it weak for single hits, but on any multi-hit (say waves of damage over a duration of a few seconds, brackenspore style) it averages out and is stronger than commanding shout
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It used to be a larger iirc, yes.