Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a thought like that, but do you think it would be better if the actual appearance could be detached from a piece of gear that drops ? Having the cosmetic part only as a separate item. There would be no need for any restriction (like pets for instance), and maybe it would be possible to sell most on AH also (like cageable pets).
    if rolling on it same restriction applies, only cloth can need cloth looks, plate can need plate looks, etc, other can pass or greed. If playing solo you get it account wide since they called it an account wide system.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-05-19 at 11:59 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Just a thought like that, but do you think it would be better if the actual appearance could be detached from a piece of gear that drops ? Having the cosmetic part only as a separate item. There would be no need for any restriction (like pets for instance), and maybe it would be possible to sell most on AH also (like cageable pets).
    if rolling on it same restriction applies, only cloth can need cloth looks, plate can need plate looks, etc, other can pass or greed. If playing solo you get it account wide since they called it an account wide system.
    If I'm understanding what you're saying right, then yes, I'd be fine with that sort of system myself. Basically anything that let's me make use of the various pieces of gear I've collected on characters over the years that can't transmog them would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    I see absolutely no issue with being able to 'unlock' a cloth chestpiece on your warrior. He won't be able to transmogrify it. Just make it bound to the account/character anyway. Like you're already able to do.
    That would give Warriors an unequivocal advantage in farming transmog, to the point where it would actively discourage doing it on any other class.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with characters having some identity apart from each other, even on the same account. Not everything on an account needs to amount to an interchangeable cog in a machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That would give Warriors an unequivocal advantage in farming transmog, to the point where it would actively discourage doing it on any other class.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with characters having some identity apart from each other, even on the same account.
    Well, allow mages to unlock soulbound plate then. And no there is no loot problem. As far as I'm aware a non plate can't need a plate item if there's a plate in the group.

Well, allow mages to unlock soulbound plate then. And no there is no loot problem. As far as I'm aware a non plate can't need a plate item if there's a plate in the group.
    The system is intended to free up inventory and storage space, not to change how farming for transmog works in its entirety.

You want that BoP set-piece for your Warlock, you're going to have to farm it with your Warlock. Just like how it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system is intended to free up inventory and storage space, not to change how farming for transmog works in its entirety.

You want that BoP set-piece for your Warlock, you're going to have to farm it with your Warlock. Just like how it is now.
    Except currently the system is character bound and is not a collection. In legion it's an account wide collection. This has entirely different implications. I could deal with the fact of playing alts to complete a collection, but not with doing redundant things to complete a collection.

To give a parallel, it's like you play Ocarina of Time, you get all 36 heart pieces, with this system it's the same level of logic than having to get them 3 times, 1 with each tunic in the game (obviously you have to redo the quest from the beginning each time). I can't agree with that game design, it's just too weird. And painful but that's yet another subject.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-05-20 at 12:49 AM.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with characters having some identity apart from each other, even on the same account. Not everything on an account needs to amount to an interchangeable cog in a machine.
    That was just an example. Like your rogue can pick up a piece of mail, he can't equip it, but he can add it to the wardrobe. Ideally any class would be able to unlock anything for transmog purposes.

Just like they can in GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    This sucks cause the three classes I play have all different armor types (Cloth, leather, and mail). I wish that I could just right click my drops and "learn" the look of that gear. If I'm farming for transmog for one character I wish I could just use all of my characters to try and get the pieces. But then people would have like 60% of the gear unlocked within the first couple of months and Blizz prob doesn't want that.
    If Blizzard will put this restrictions on us then players will no bother with transmog farm at all. If this will go live in current state i am not bothering to farm transmog items. I seriously will not waste time doing same faceroll raids and Q on 8 different characters just to get cosmetic look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If Blizzard will put this restrictions on us then players will no bother with transmog farm at all. If this will go live in current state i am not bothering to farm transmog items. I seriously will not waste time doing same faceroll raids and Q on 8 different characters just to get cosmetic look.
    Thats fine. Have fun doing whatever you do.

I see no issue with the current plans for the Wardrobe, I've had no problem questing or farming for xmogs with the characters I want them on for the last few years. I guess it would have been nice if they had been more specific earlier on... But everyone knows better than to take anything during an PRE-ALPHA panel or even late Beta as set in stone, right?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkleberryfin View Post
    I see no issue with the current plans for the Wardrobe, I've had no problem questing or farming for xmogs with the characters I want them on for the last few years. I guess it would have been nice if they had been more specific earlier on... But everyone knows better than to take anything during an PRE-ALPHA panel or even late Beta as set in stone, right?
    While it is certainly possible they can always change things, Blizzard recently noted that they consider Beta to be a nearly finalized, feature complete demo for all intents and purposes of play (see Overwatch), thus why it's still called an Alpha for Legion.

EDIT: No wait, it moved into Closed Beta recently. My bad.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2016-05-20 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    That was just an example. Like your rogue can pick up a piece of mail, he can't equip it, but he can add it to the wardrobe. Ideally any class would be able to unlock anything for transmog purposes.

Just like they can in GW2.
    Just because another game does it a certain way does not mean that system is necessarily better, nor is Blizzard obligated to do something just because another game does it.

As I said earlier, there is nothing wrong with having some individuality between characters on an account, instead of just making them all interchangeable cogs in a machine. Having to get the BoP item on the character you want to have it is just fine.

Except currently the system is character bound and is not a collection. In legion it's an account wide collection. This has entirely different implications. I could deal with the fact of playing alts to complete a collection, but not with doing redundant things to complete a collection.

To give a parallel, it's like you play Ocarina of Time, you get all 36 heart pieces, with this system it's the same level of logic than having to get them 3 times, 1 with each tunic in the game (obviously you have to redo the quest from the beginning each time). I can't agree with that game design, it's just too weird. And painful but that's yet another subject.
    So, do something multiple times on 1 toon for xmog is not redundant, yet do something multiple times for the same armor type is? This is kind of a double standard, and makes it convenient that any armor type is shared for alts for that armor type.
    The Zelda reference doesn't apply. It almost applies with the current style. Hunter wants xmog X, Shaman on same account wants xmog X, run multiple times for both who knows how many times. New style, same applies, but shared on toons of same armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    The ONLY thing I still want to see in Wows transmog system is freaking Fist Weapons being able to be mogged to other 1handers.
    I personally love them, and I love using them on my Enh Shammy. It just looks so brutal while you go ham with windfury procing and whatnot.

And some people hate Fist Weapons. In Legion, Monks are stuck with them(although I can't understand why you would roll a punchkick class and then complain about them using fistweapons)

They added Polearms to the twohander list, and Bows/guns/xbows are moggable to eachother. I still don't get why this is still not in the game yet.

I can make my Warrior dual wield two Staff of Jordans, but not have him punch dragons in the face.
    Come on Blizz
    I agree, fist is garbage and so is dagger restrictions - so annoying.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I'm just glad I don't have to fill up void storage and bank slots with transmog gear anymore. The new system is more than what we had before, I don't think there's any reason to be angry about it, though I can understand why some would want them to go further with it. I wouldn't mind if the system was entirely character driven instead of account driven at all personally.

nothing wrong with not rewarding your clothie dps plate transmog gear just as it serves no purpose to reward you with cloth gear and wands if you play a paladin,

New system for transmog is such a great improvement over having voidstorage packed with gear

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it isnt. It was clear how they wanna do it.
    Yup, it was absolutely clear. So clear and obvious that it probably didn't even occur to them when they wrote their notes on it to specify for the obtuse and difficult players out there that, no, the intent isn't for priests to get all the plate gear from every quest, or for hunters to get all the cloth gear. Why on earth would you possibly think that's what they mean that you'd get all the quest rewards including the options you didn't choose?

Sorry mate, but if you apply some critical thought to it it IS obvious. New quests don't even offer items for other classes anymore. While some people might erroneously conclude that a change like this shows a change of intent, I would argue it shows the original intent that, for whatever reason, wasn't implemented properly in the first place. The reason old quests offered a bunch of rewards including those for other classes wasn't so that a mage could choose a plate chest or that a warrior could choose cloth sandals. The intention and expectation was that quests would give rewards for everyone, and that each class would have available, and would choose an item that would suit them. The idea of masking out the other rewards only occured to them later and then they implemented it, probably in response to having to help people who accidentally clicked on the wrong rewards.

They change now becouse why not put chore grind on players what will takes them months or years to finish.
    Yes, but without your terrible choice of words. A better way of putting it is that Transmog is a feature intended to give players something to do. It's not a fucking chore that you have to do. It's something you can do if the rewards interest you and the process is something you might have fun doing. If we follow your line of reasoning, they may as well just give everyone everything and not bother with making it something people have to go out and collect. And then we can spend the whole of Legion, like with WoD, complaining retardedly that there is fuck all to do....

They just hope they will retain more players when in fact most players will not even bother with transmog with such rules sets what doesnt make any sense.
    Dude it makes perfect sense. The intent is that each class can collect gear applicable to it. If your priest wants to wear a certain look, then your priest should go out and get that look. If you DK wants a specific look, your DK needs to go out and get it.

They are not explained or reasoned why there are in first place.
    So why then is it so easily obvious to someone like me? Honestly, at this point I suspect it wouldn't make a difference how much they tried to explain it, some people will never get it....

Making restrictions for system what is purerly cosmetic is stupid.
    No, it's the opposite of stupid. As I said above, it's to give people stuff to do. The great thing about a system that is purely cosmetic is that no one is obliged to do it. If you think it's too tedious, you can ignore it, or simply just get the items you want. There is absolutely zero obligation to go out and get every single piece of transmog that, let's be entirely honest, you are never going to even touch. If they put zero restrictions in, then the whole thing would be pointless and people would sit around being bored with nothing to do.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-05-20 at 07:09 AM.

Why do you need transmogs for a class you don't want to play? 'Cause I'd assume (perhaps foolishly) that if you care so much about transmog on a certain class, you probably play it enough to farm said transmog on that class. >.> I mean, about the only thing in your entire rant I feel has even the slightest validity as a complaint is that they're not retroactively rewarding all of the old, removed quest rewards, only the ones valid for the class who finished that quest. And even that doesn't particularly bother me, as I leveled so many characters during Vanilla/TBC/LK I probably unlocked the vast majority of them already.

Transmog is an optional system that is designed to give people a reason to go back and do old content. It doesn't exactly serve that purpose if you can just go back and unlock everything on one character in a day. Honestly, I'm just glad about all the gold I'll get back when I empty out my bank and void storage (not to mention all the space). And, bonus, I'll have access to all those quest rewards I trashed long ago. That right there gives me happies.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    I mean, about the only thing in your entire rant I feel has even the slightest validity as a complaint is that they're not retroactively rewarding all of the old, removed quest rewards, only the ones valid for the class who finished that quest.
    And even then, I don't really see the rationale behind demanding that you get a piece of plate because your mage did a quest five years ago for which your mage already got 2 pieces of cloth. The only rationale behind the complaint is the argument that Blizzard said they would get all the rewards, which led to an expectation.

Stuff like this just has me facepalming. It's like people are incapable of thinking about what might have been meant when someone writes something. They'd rather just focus on a few words and play with semantics, and then get upset later when their twisted interpretation turns out to be wrong.

Transmog is an optional system that is designed to give people a reason to go back and do old content. It doesn't exactly serve that purpose if you can just go back and unlock everything on one character in a day.
    Exactly!

And, bonus, I'll have access to all those quest rewards I trashed long ago. That right there gives me happies.
    Which is awesome, but as you say, should be considered by people to be a bonus, not some divine right. What a lot of the complainants don't seem to get is that Blizzard is trying to find a way to reward people according to what they would get if they were to go and do the content again, without making them redo that content (of course there is a lot of content that they can't do that for, but quests are something that are easy enough to check against). If they wanted to make the system truly fair, then players would be allowed to choose only one reward for each quest. As players we should be thankful that we get all the class appropriate rewards rather than complaining about stuff we wouldn't get anyway even if we could go back and redo the quest....

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    There is absolutely zero obligation to go out and get every single piece of transmog that, let's be entirely honest, you are never going to even touch.
    People be like : "My OCD, I'm a completionist, why Blizzard doesn't like my kind! "