Page 1 of 2
LastLast

<havoc> the movement build

you know; the momentum, vengeance/fel rush macro spec thats #1 mlg best DH dps spec 2016...

how long do you think this will last?
    it seems very addon/macro heavy and thats what blizz hates

what do you think? do you even play the spec?
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2016-05-20 at 07:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you know; the momentum, vengeance/fel rush macro spec thats #1 mlg best DH dps spec 2016...

how long do you think this will last?
    it seems very addon/macro heavy and thats what blizz hates

what do you think? do you even play the spec?
    up to next build. Blizzard hates builds that require addons to play but same time they may let it live in 7.0 up to 7.1 just to see if people like it.

It only requires special tools to play if you're animation canceling, which Blizz is actively trying to break. It won't be playable for keyboard turners, but other then that you shouldn't need any special tools. BUT, balance is still ongoing. I wouldn't be surprised if things change before launch.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    It only requires special tools to play if you're animation canceling, which Blizz is actively trying to break. It won't be playable for keyboard turners, but other then that you shouldn't need any special tools. BUT, balance is still ongoing. I wouldn't be surprised if things change before launch.
    what do you mean by special tools to play if youre animation canceling? :/

im confused

Quote Originally Posted by veronimus View Post
    what do you mean by special tools to play if youre animation canceling? :/

im confused
    It's possible to macro the method to animation cancel of FR using out of game software to ensure you can consistently do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Macros or Addons.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

addons?

and are they legal?

Addons are legal and have been since forever, it's boting and automation which are not. But some methods for animation canceling would fall in that grey area in between. I wouldn't recommend not straying there while Blizzard has expressly stated that animation canceling is frowned upon.

But like I said above, you shouldn't need any of that to play the Momentum spec as intended.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Addons are legal and have been since forever, it's boting and automation which are not. But some methods for animation canceling would fall in that grey area in between. I wouldn't recommend not straying there while Blizzard has expressly stated that animation canceling is frowned upon.

But like I said above, you shouldn't need any of that to play the Momentum spec as intended.
    i managed to find out how to cancel fel rush without a razor macro but its really hard and totally unreliable with lag.

you have to jump, backpedal, and fel rush at the same time. i dont normally bind backpedal but this is one reason to.
    the cancel animation stuff makes a huge difference tho.

Quote Originally Posted by veronimus View Post
    addons?

and are they legal?
    If an addon or a macro can do it, Blizzard will break it if they don''t like it. But you don't get banned, given that the macro was created ingame and the addon loads the official way.

I consistently do this by allowing the DH to flip over to face the mob and then Fel Rush and I get 100% success chance. o_o.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems very unreliable. especially in a raid setting. but i think it's here to stay because if you take these things out of the rotation you don't have a spec, you have like 3 buttons outside of your long cooldowns.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    it seems very unreliable. especially in a raid setting. but i think it's here to stay because if you take these things out of the rotation you don't have a spec, you have like 3 buttons outside of your long cooldowns.
    That, and the emphasis on world content: where this build will likely be safest to use; probably keeps Momentum from going away, which is kind of cool, IMO.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Deleted
    gotta keep in mind also that people are not robots and micomanaging momentum buff is also high risk high reward talent where nemesis is easy to use for players and is fail safe altho weaker but alot less so than ppl make it up to be when you have almost no way of fuckin it up, momentum is better than nemesis only for minor part of the havoc playerbase

e: for raiding that is

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fzzf View Post
    gotta keep in mind also that people are not robots and micomanaging momentum buff is also high risk high reward talent where nemesis is easy to use for players and is fail safe altho weaker but alot less so than ppl make it up to be when you have almost no way of fuckin it up, momentum is better than nemesis only for minor part of the havoc playerbase

e: for raiding that is
    This actually sums it up rather well i'd say. Momentum is going to require a rather large awareness of your surroundings so as to not FR/VR into something you can't come back from. Sometimes you just can't do that, so yeah, Nemesis would be your (current) go-to choice in those situations i reckon.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

I'm pretty sure you can play that build with this simple macro:

#showtooltip Vengeful Retreat
    /cast Vengeful Retreat
    /cast Fel Rush

Works better with huge hitboxes

Quote Originally Posted by Segerr View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can play that build with this simple macro:

#showtooltip Vengeful Retreat
    /cast Vengeful Retreat
    /cast Fel Rush

Works better with huge hitboxes
    Don't use this macro for this spec.

It's awful for momentum, wastes a momentum proc, and exists only for a non-momentum spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Don't use this macro for this spec.

It's awful for momentum, wastes a momentum proc, and exists only for a non-momentum spec.
    Damn I thought thats how you play a momentum spec...

Do you have a quick guide?

If I am not mistaken

VR out -> EB -> FR back -> Do DPS-> VR out -> FB in -> Do DPS -> FR through -> FB back -> Do DPS -> Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Segerr View Post
    Damn I thought thats how you play a momentum spec...

Do you have a quick guide?
    Honestly, in my opinion its how the momentum talent SHOULD play. It just makes sense. All they would need to do for this to work is give the Momentum buff the Pandemic treatment and allow FR and VR to add to the buff time. It would fulfill the fantasy of the spec and would make animation canceling and/or mandatory Felblade talent selection a thing of the past.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"