Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Please actually read the tooltip.

It very clearly states "You gain 2% more of all secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility) from all sources.", that is not a 2% increase, that it giving you 2% more of what you already have. 2% of 100 Mastery Rating is yes, going to be 102 Mastery Rating , but what is 102 Mastery Rating compared to 100 Mastery rating, especially when converted from Rating to Percentage?
    Because it's not going to be 100 mastery, gear inflation is ridiculous in Legion. you'll be getting thousands of each stat from items.

So let's bump up that number. If you have 25000 mastery from gear, you'll be gaining 2% more, or 500 extra mastery. Saying it's not a flat percentage upgrade is technically false, since all characters have a percentage of mastery baseline, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about mastery from gear alone. A human is going to have slightly more of each secondary thanks to just selecting human upon character creation. It's a flat dps increase that other races don't have. It makes humans in general a better dps class. That is why it's insane, since anyone who wants to do more damage will be race changing to human if their class allows for it. They already get stun break, why not give them extra damage on top of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Boring as shit.

They could kept EMFH for PvE. It is useful ability to fix errors (such as getting hit by a fear zone) in raids and dungeons. It's primarily a PvP ability but hey, you do not wear these kind of trinkets in raids, so it came useful pretty damn often.

In relation to ratings, Blizzard aims at ca. 50% of your preferred stat and 25% of other stats at end of the expansion. So this will give +1% crit (let's say your main stat is crit) and +0.5% all the others. Useful, but not hideously OP.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2016-05-20 at 08:47 AM.

The Human Racial:

You gain 2% more of all secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility) from all sources.

What it means: (Example numbers & figures)

You will gain 2% additional rating on any of the secondary stats listed. You have 5250 Critical Strike Rating, which relates to 20%. You race change to a Human.

You now gain 2% of 5250 Critical Strike Rating. You do NOT gain 2% Critical Strike Chance. You go from 5250 Critical Rating to 5355, not 20% to 22%...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I didn't make up any numbers (well, other then the 20% crit, i guess), and it basically says the same thing. If you get 5250 crit rating from gear, you get 105 "free" on top of that, thats 2% crit rating - but not flat 2% like some people choose to believe. Same goes for mastery, haste and versatility, of course.
    You and that other guy are the only ones saying it's a flat increase because you're talking about baseline percentage of crit/ect that our character has upon creation. It's a flat increase on stats gained from gear. It's like having a few extra item levels on every piece of gear you get. That's dumb, and hopefully won't make it to live.
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Because it's not going to be 100 mastery, gear inflation is ridiculous in Legion. you'll be getting thousands of each stat from items.

So let's bump up that number. If you have 25000 mastery from gear, you'll be gaining 2% more, or 500 extra mastery. Saying it's not a flat percentage upgrade is technically false, since all characters have a percentage of mastery baseline, but we're not talking about that. We're talking about mastery from gear alone. A human is going to have slightly more of each secondary thanks to just selecting human upon character creation. It's a flat dps increase that other races don't have. It makes humans in general a better dps class. That is why it's insane, since anyone who wants to do more damage will be race changing to human if their class allows for it. They already get stun break, why not give them extra damage on top of that?
    Mate. You clearly don't understand how percentages operate. Regardless of whether it's 100, or 100,000,000 ... the 2% is always has the same level of power. Just because the numbers are bigger or smaller, doesn't dictate the value of that 2%. Don't let the numbers fool you, the Passive is not that overpowered, and if you think so, it's because you don't have a grasp on the maths behind it.

You and that other guy are the only ones saying it's a flat increase because you're talking about baseline percentage of crit/ect that our character has upon creation. It's a flat increase on stats gained from gear. It's like having a few extra item levels on every piece of gear you get. That's dumb, and hopefully won't make it to live.
    It's 2% of the rating. Not the percentage. The difference is not going to be anywhere near as big as you believe it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Is 2% secondaries really THAT FUCKING INSANE compared to 1% primaries?
    For some specs their best secondary x2 is far above their primary even before hte others, and even for most others it's slightly stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

well it's not really all that good. 2% of 4000 (set pvp stats) is 80. 80 in your secondary stats is barely noticeable. Prefer other racials since this is as boring as it can get.

Mate. You clearly don't understand how percentages operate. Regardless of whether it's 100, or 100,000,000 ... the 2% is always has the same level of power. Just because the numbers are bigger or smaller, doesn't dictate the value of that 2%. Don't let the numbers fool you, the Passive is not that overpowered, and if you think so, it's because you don't have a grasp on the maths behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

It's 2% of the rating. Not the percentage. The difference is not going to be anywhere near as big as you believe it to be.
    If 2% isn't overpowered, then at what point does it become overpowered? 3%? 5%? 10%? Flat dps increases gained simply by choosing the right race isn't a good thing for faction balancing.

I get it, you're playing semantics with the wording chosen by some of the members in the thread, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a dps increase simply by choosing the right race.

I don't think it's 2% of your mastery, it's 2% of your mastery rating...which, as far as I'm aware, isn't all that good to be honest. You would need something like 5k+ at 110 to reach the point where it matched other racials, and even then just barely (and highly dependent on what stat it is).

In short, this racial's good but not even close to being as crazy as it sounds on paper. It sounds pretty in-line to me, but could get a bit crazy if we reach a WoD situation again where our ilvls just get too damn high for the expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    its "from all sources" anyone that thinks this will make Humans required or "broken" is daft. Other Races get straight up 1% Haste or Crit. you would literally need 50% of a given stat for a 2% "from all sources" increase to give you more.

Since it is spread over 4 secondaries which most classes only get benefit from 1 or 2, it would even out or still be lower than say Worgen crit or Goblin haste full 1%. only IF you gained 25% in those 2 stats.

So unless you only everplay Worgen for every class that needs crit, I doubt people will play Human for the small fucking increase in secondaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    finally able to play Human in PvE again. Paise Jesus.
    You have always been able to; they were never disabled.

Unless you are one of the 1% of the playerbase that go for World First races, then it honestly doesn't matter and you should play what you think you can relate to the most.

If 2% isn't overpowered, then at what point does it become overpowered? 3%? 5%? 10%? Flat dps increases gained simply by choosing the right race isn't a good thing for faction balancing.

I get it, you're playing semantics with the wording chosen by some of the members in the thread, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a dps increase simply by choosing the right race.
    I don't care about at what level it does become overpowered, because we're not discussing that. We're discussing whether 2% is, and it isn't at all.

Also, you can't use that argument. Not everything is about a DPS increase. Why is it fair that Night Elves & Dwarves are very strong tanks because of their unique spells or passives (Stone Form & +2% Dodge)? You're looking at it very one dimensional, and you've convinced yourself it's overpowered, when it isn't.

We've yet to see the real values of a whole armour set fully yet, as numbers are still being tuned. But this 2% increase across all stats would probably translate to at most, a 1% increase in damage. If that 1% wins you the boss fight, or the PvP arena, I can 100% guarantee there are other areas you can improve, before making your whole team go Humans.

Deleted
    human is pretty much babies first mmo character

Gear Inflation isn't this insane though.

875 Raid gear has around 2000 secondaries on the big slots, and 1600 on the smaller slots.
    That gives you maybe 25000 secondary stats in total, not all mastery. So the human racial gives you 500 ratings in total, while the nelf rating gives you 350 (1%) crit rating, or the gnome racial giving you 325 (1%) haste.

So human racial might be potentially slightly stronger, but not really much at all, even less so if you happen to play a class where the primary stat matches the racial bonus.

Deleted
    Hardly overpowered, but definitely uninspired. So boring...

I don't care about at what level it does become overpowered, because we're not discussing that. We're discussing whether 2% is, and it isn't at all.

Also, you can't use that argument. Not everything is about a DPS increase. Why is it fair that Night Elves & Dwarves are very strong tanks because of their unique spells or passives (Stone Form & +2% Dodge)? You're looking at it very one dimensional, and you've convinced yourself it's overpowered, when it isn't.

We've yet to see the real values of a whole armour set fully yet, as numbers are still being tuned. But this 2% increase across all stats would probably translate to at most, a 1% increase in damage. If that 1% wins you the boss fight, or the PvP arena, I can 100% guarantee there are other areas you can improve, before making your whole team go Humans.
    Whole raid teams have switched factions and races for dps increases in some tiers. Troll racial for 5% extra damage against beasts was really good in Throne of Thunder because of the amount of bosses in there that were against beast type mobs. World first kill on Ultraxion was during the 5 seconds when he was casting his enrage instawipe mechanic. This is just a few examples. You better believe some raid teams will be looking for that extra 1% on some fights, because it really does matter to them on having that extra edge. That's why I don't agree with the racial, because humans were already very good because of passive trinket, and the passive increase in primary stats. It's a dps increase, no matter how small you want to make it seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    That's my other gripe with it. Flat increases to stats is the epitome of lazy fixes in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Gear Inflation isn't this insane though.

875 Raid gear has around 2000 secondaries on the big slots, and 1600 on the smaller slots.
    That gives you maybe 25000 secondary stats in total, not all mastery. So the human racial gives you 500 ratings in total, while the nelf rating gives you 350 (1%) crit rating, or the gnome racial giving you 325 (1%) haste.

So human racial might be potentially slightly stronger, but not really much at all, even less so if you happen to play a class where the primary stat matches the racial bonus.
    Here's a placeholder item. Note the 1.3k increase in 3 different secondary stats. http://legion.wowhead.com/item=141326/ph-suramar-city-key&bonus=3379. From the looks, neck slot doesn't give primary stats anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    Like the human race in World of Warcraft. I say, it fitts.

Whole raid teams have switched factions and races for dps increases in some tiers. Troll racial for 5% extra damage against beasts was really good in Throne of Thunder because of the amount of bosses in there that were against beast type mobs. World first kill on Ultraxion was during the 5 seconds when he was casting his enrage instawipe mechanic. This is just a few examples. You better believe some raid teams will be looking for that extra 1% on some fights, because it really does matter to them on having that extra edge. That's why I don't agree with the racial, because humans were already very good because of passive trinket, and the passive increase in primary stats. It's a dps increase, no matter how small you want to make it seem.
    Yes, you're right. In the most extreme of examples, you're correct. But you're not going to gain any value from swapping. Nor is your guild, because the chances are, you're not going to be in the teams doing that content, at that point in time, and nor is 99% of the raiders in WoW.

When you use the most extreme examples, you're not proving me wrong at all, you're just proving that it's only beneficial in such a microscopic scope of people, that it's almost a non-issue. Who cares about those players? They'll do whatever it takes, and always have and always will, but to the remaining 99% of raiders, don't bother or worry about it.

It's not going to carry you through any fight, and if you do happen to get a kill because of the cumulative damage given by this racial, I can assure you, there are at least 10 things you were doing majorly wrong in that fight, to rely on a Racial Passive to win it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    For some specs their best secondary x2 is far above their primary even before hte others, and even for most others it's slightly stronger.
    Yes but realistically not even 40% of your secondary stats will be your best.

Jeez you people, in case you haven't noticed most passive stats increase racials in the game are so close in terms of effective dps increase that they're almost negligible to compare unless going for specific stats in mind, now the only thing the human "passive" does is provide indecisive people with an easy way out, and since passives are easily changed ( as you can see it's already been changed several times) they will fix the numbers so its on par with other passives.

It's about time you realized that actives are what makes races appealing for most not the passives, EMFH for pvp is an example, or most horde active racials for pve, there's a reason why horde is considered the better faction for raiding and trust me it's not because of the awesome passives they have.