Thread: Mage needs SAND

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage needs SAND

Have you seen that one variant of arcane artifact? Now imagine glyph of sands turning your arcane spells into beautiful, beautiful sandful projectiles! Some unitiated, pesky people wish for different colour of flames. BAH I tell ye, sand magic fits arcane, chrono theme of mage far better than some sizzling fireworks.
    Sand is what you seek!

Inspired by Chromie from Heroes of the Storm

Deleted
    Judging by your Avatar I doubt you want this becasue of Chromie.

When we finally get the Timemagic healing spec that might be a thing but until then, not at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Judging by your Avatar I doubt you want this becasue of Chromie.

When we finally get the Timemagic healing spec that might be a thing but until then, not at all.
    You mean Gaara or Obito's kamui? and no, really, Chromie is my muse. Her wonderful sand blasts are extremely satisfying

To turn sand into healing would be beta. This bull won't cover such cow. I need to slam me sands into opponent's eyes! In fact that artifact skin should passively grant sand aura!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    When we finally get the Timemagic healing spec
    I would roll a priest if I wanted to heal.

On topic, OP do you have pics/video?

You already got Sand...!

The sand inside the hourglass when you use time warp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_RtGWSfxY4
    screenshot of staff: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ifactWep05.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    You already got Sand...!

The sand inside the hourglass when you use time warp.
    not enough sand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Interesting physics/graphics. Even dragon's breath is sand. PS. I guess that hero is squishy and that wasn't great in that game.

Deleted
    Interesting physics/graphics. Even dragon's breath is sand. PS. I guess that hero is squishy and that wasn't great in that game.
    Squishy she is. Lowest hp among all heroes available. She can also bombard quite well, that is if your aim is good, or rather if you can predict movement of your enemies. Sand artillery in WoW would be such an amazing thing!

Or... you could roll a mage and just not use the healing spec if it's not something you are interested in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Or... you could roll a mage and just not use the healing spec if it's not something you are interested in
    The hybrid tax is always there even when they don't want it to be there. This is because if it didn't exist, there would not be a reason to not play only hybrids. This is why a mage will not be as good at range DPS if she lost a spec to healing.

The hybrid tax is always there even when they don't want it to be there. This is because if it didn't exist, there would not be a reason to not play only hybrids. This is why a mage will not be as good at range DPS if she lost a spec to healing.
    If there would not be pures anymore there would not be an hybrid tax too, because everyone would be an hybrid then ^_*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    If there would not be pures anymore there would not be an hybrid tax too, because everyone would be an hybrid then ^_*
    The problem is that you would need 4 specs at least because deleting a spec entirely can not happen (people are attached, and they should be attached, there is no inherently bad spec here). That sounds bad for the game because it's already complex, no reason to make everything extremely multifaceted and besides it's pretty obvious that a pure class is harder to master than one of the specs of a hybrid (e.g. compare mastering a feral druid with mastering a rogue). Also this is an RPG and inequality is part of the game, balance is needed but not pure equality of everything (it's not a raw FPS game).

I would prefer time magic (yellow colored spells with yellow sparkles) instead of sand. Especially considering that WoW engine is worse then HoTS and sand would look really dull. And it's already dull in HoTS.

But I doubt anything like that wil happen considering we didn't get basic spells updates yet. Or did we? I only saw new Fire spells visuals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    I would prefer time magic (yellow colored spells with yellow sparkles) instead of sand.
    I'm jealous of the celestial theme moonkins get myself. It has the subtle merging of sci-fi with fantasy that I like. It's wasted on that relatively clunky spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
    I would prefer time magic (yellow colored spells with yellow sparkles) instead of sand. Especially considering that WoW engine is worse then HoTS and sand would look really dull. And it's already dull in HoTS.

But I doubt anything like that wil happen considering we didn't get basic spells updates yet. Or did we? I only saw new Fire spells visuals
    Time magic is sand magic! Learn to love it because it deserves strongly beating heart, full of cheerful rhytm. It is wonderful in HoTS, truly glorious and impactful!

The hybrid tax is always there even when they don't want it to be there.

Oh, is it really?
    Are you sure it still exists?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yes. I am sure. The game is not Patchwerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm jealous of the celestial theme moonkins get myself. It has the subtle merging of sci-fi with fantasy that I like. It's wasted on that relatively clunky spec.

Clunky? Have you even tried Balance? It is far superior compared to frost and fire... far far superior. And compared to arcane they are close - gameplay wise.

You know, this would be a good idea actually for a "green fire" type of reward/questline for mages, in my opinion at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You know, this would be a good idea actually for a "green fire" type of reward/questline for mages, in my opinion at least.
    Indeed! And what better time there can be than second coming of Dalaran, cities full of arcane fed elves and Legion on the horizon! Sand augmentation for mages! Best idea ever! Must happen!