10+ Year Old Account

7.5k dollars for us/oceanic classic collectors...899 dollars for eu...

...from same seller...why so much difference in price???

us/oceanic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-War...3D291743986205

eu

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-War...3D322106107004

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask him xD
    On serious note: Damaged vs. undamaged box. However still bloody stupid prices for both.
    Last edited by DanThePaladin; 2016-05-19 at 05:45 PM.

well the Euro one clearly says the box is damaged, so that's always a huge difference in price for "collector items"

but wow.......are people really this nerdy to spend 7,500 dollars on a box that you could have just paid a little over 100 bucks when the game was released??? lol

Seems like a huge waste of money to me, no matter if its the 899 or 7499

Also, it's Ebay --- it's like those Pawn Stars always said "is that how much the auction sold for, or how much they were asking????"

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Ask him xD
    On serious note: Damaged vs. undamaged box. However still bloody stupid prices for both.
    First price is retarded. 700 dollars though for an unused original CE isn't bad due to the rarity. If you are lucky you can see one for high 500-600 but very rare. One with a used key is usually 300-400 dollars. Edit didn't read damaged meh knock maybe 50-100 or so off depending on how bad it is.

Deleted
    Opened/damaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    My used vanilla CE sold for $250, no key obviously -shrug-

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As someone who spent close to 500$ (and probably around 6 months time lurking ebay) for my collectors, I can say: Those non-scamming original collectors editions are pretty boss. NIB: New In Box Original Collectors (unopened, pristine condition from 2004 to now, 2016, 11.5ish years), is ultra rare, and should fetch easily 2-3K in a heartbeat, and upwards of sells 4-6k when times are rough.

You're paying for the feats, and pets at this point, and back in 2008 (I didn't get the package until I won the bid, and it was shipped/jan 11th 2009) - the prices used to vary dramatically depending on location, and depending how legit the seller was.. but today, literally you may only see ONE unused/unopened original CE, and for a game as large as wow... only having ONE on EBAY.... that's going to sell for a lot (Supply and Demand)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    well the Euro one clearly says the box is damaged, so that's always a huge difference in price for "collector items"

but wow.......are people really this nerdy to spend 7,500 dollars on a box that you could have just paid a little over 100 bucks when the game was released??? lol

Also, it's Ebay --- it's like those Pawn Stars always said "is that how much the auction sold for, or how much they were asking????"
    And on top of that,the buyer will feel like an ass if Blizzard releases the collector's edition perks some other way in the future. The pets are the biggest draw for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    And on top of that,the buyer will feel like an ass if Blizzard releases the collector's edition perks some other way in the future. The pets are the biggest draw for me.
    lol, for me it's just that if I'm spending thousands of dollars on something to look at. I'm buying something that's not just a box for a video game. I'd be buying a statue or something artistic.....or just some kickass parts for my truck.

But hey, we all have our interests. I wouldn't knock the guy who wants something like this that bad....I just can't understand it myself :P

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Hah, was just thinking that myself. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Ask him xD
    I would like to point out, that in the US, someone paid 12.000 dollars for a Spectral Tiger Mount... Just.. Wanted to throw that out there..

People do a lot to claim they had a CE from vanilla.. Not even I had one, but then again, mine was free.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I would like to point out, that in the US, someone paid 12.000 dollars for a Spectral Tiger Mount... Just.. Wanted to throw that out there..
    Some people just can't be helped anymore, they're beyond hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...from same seller...why so much difference in price???
    Shipping cost.

I once successfully converted an EU collector(Cataclysm) code to US. So just buy the cheaper one if you're buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    I once successfully converted an EU collector(Cataclysm) code to US. So just buy the cheaper one if you're buying it.
    They do offer you said help at Blizzard if it is, it is quite common.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post

"7,500 dollars on a box that you could have just paid a little over 100 bucks when the game was released" - that is like saying "you could have bought the shares of a company or BitCoins 10 years ago, when they were cheap".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Some people just can't be helped anymore, they're beyond hope.
    You talk about yourself, right?

If someone is able to pay that for something that makes him happy, it is perfectly reasonable. High-end people are able to afford it, and buying a mount is similar to buying expensive cars.

Why would you buy? Its worth nothing. the game doesn't even exist anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    You talk about yourself, right?

If someone is able to pay that for something that makes him happy, it is perfectly reasonable. High-end people are able to afford it, and buying a mount is similar to buying expensive cars.
    Talking about you specifically actually. The fact that you consider that group of people in RL as high-end proves how degenerated and despicable rich IRL people are. They deserve nothing but disrespect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Why would you buy? Its worth nothing. the game doesn't even exist anymore.
    The game is dead but some are just in denial and refuse to accept it.