Way to complete the storyline quests?

So, I made a new character on the hopes of leveling them from the beginning. I'm not interested in rushing as fast as I can this time but would like to see the main storylines.

However, there doesn't seem to be a good way to do that?

I would like to complete the "main" quests in each zone and expansion that will progress the story.

I'm not interested in doing the traditional, go gather me 8 of these, type quests.

Suggestions?

Deleted
    What exactly seems to be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    What exactly seems to be the problem?
    How do you find the appropriate quests to complete that are only related to the story/lore and not just random gathering quests etc

How do you see all the cinematics and complete all the long epic questlines etc, without just completing 100% of everything

Deleted
    Game is too big and way too many stories depending on race/faction you can see quite a few different plots unfold plus the long epic questlines can be hidden behind a line of really mundane quests first.

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Game is too big and way too many stories depending on race/faction you can see quite a few different plots unfold plus the long epic questlines can be hidden behind a line of really mundane quests first.
    Yes sadly I think this is part of the reason they created the character boost idea, skip ahead 10 years..sad really.

I haven't gone through BC since it first came out but I missed so much of it because I just plowed through the dungeons

- - - Updated - - -

I'm asking essentially what is summed up quite nicely in this article

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/26/know-your-lore-the-problem-with-story-progression-in-wow/

"I've been working on an alt these past few weeks, leveling through content at my leisure and re-visiting storylines I haven't seen since the early days of Cataclysm. I started out in Azuremyst Isle, hopping over to Darkshore once I reached the appropriate level -- basically, once I'd gotten out of Ammen Vale -- and completed the entirety of Darkshore not because the XP was good, but because I wanted to see the entire thing again.

From there, I hopped to the Eastern Kingdoms, where I did part of Duskwood, most of Northern Stranglethorn Vale, and then up to the Plaguelands -- Western, then Eastern -- before hopping down to the Badlands. After the Badlands, I did a small portion of Searing Gorge, then hopped down to the Swamp of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands, where I hit level 60 and promptly went through the Dark Portal to Outland. Which is when I realized something -- if I were a new player, someone who had never picked up World of Warcraft, I would have absolutely no idea what the heck was going on. At all.

There's something really wrong with that."

Deleted
    You simply can't complete every mainquest line while leveling, you will inevitably outlevel some zones so the best thing you can do is go through everything at max lvl.

Deleted
    I don't think I've ever put any attention into the BC story. It's similar to Vanilla in respect it feels like a muddle of quests mildly relating to lore reasons. I'm sure if you dig there is story somewhere.

I'll list a few of my favorites:

I thoroughly enjoyed leveling an undead the story there is pretty good.

The Cata twilight highlands deathwing vs red dragon stuff is really cool, remember getting a shiver down my back completing that.

Obviously Wotlk Wrathgate quests and Icecrown.

Jade serpent statue in Pandaland is quite a cool little cutscene.

Redridge rambo questline is amusing and well worth doing if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    if I were a new player, someone who had never picked up World of Warcraft, I would have absolutely no idea what the heck was going on. At all.

There's something really wrong with that."
    Agreed, It would make sense if they remove TBC/Wotlk from the flow. Level 1-80 in Azeroth > Cata zones > Panda > WoD.

They should also offer some kind of way to see the major raids from each.
    Last edited by mmoc0219df0da9; 2016-05-20 at 01:20 PM.

Can you still turn off experience (a la twinks)? That might be a way to get around the "problem" of outleveling zones before finishing the storylines.