Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's more important that botters be allowed to farm to keep prices down.
    That's a bit like arguing that it's important to allow people to steal and sell their wares on the open market to keep prices down....

In the end, every gold piece made by someone selling botted goods is effectively gold stolen from everyone else. And just because you don't recognise how you have neen negatively affected, it does not mean you weren't.

The market is finite. So if a botter is making gold off selling cheap mats it means that the honest player is getting less gold (harder to sell stuff, and you get less for what you can sell). That leaves honest players with less gold. On the other side of the equation, the things that botters use gold for (eg BoE epics, BMAH items, Heroic/Mythic/CM boosts) goes up in price and all those items get bought by the botters meaning, once again, that honest players get screwed.

This is not a "victimless crime". And if you choose to think it is just because you perceive yourself getting cheap mats, then that makes you a short sighted fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    1st time should be 6 months. Anything after permanent.
    I agree to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    This is a message for the ppl who think wow is dying. If they really needed the money they would let the bots roam a bit free.
    What people don't understand is there is a difference in bots. Honorbuddy gold/mat farming bots Blizz sees as taking revenue from them which is why they go after it most. They don't really care about the HK bots in random BGs though they'll ding them if they happen to fall in with the rest.

The kickbots in Rated play are the real issue that Blizz looks the other way on, since Blizz directly and indirectly makes money on those players who run them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Looks like some banned botters want to sue Blizzard since they may lost Legion pre-purchase. Straight outta reddit http://imgur.com/LWkkkbM
    Haha... HAHAHAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sorry, but.. boohoo? They could've just followed the damn guidelines.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    I like the one where he says, "banned right in the middle of gameplay not botting at the time bot not even ON"... That's pretty funny XD
    Basic representation of what kind of morons I assume most botters are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueller Greyhound View Post
    Coming up next: Q3 subscription number drops to 1 million.
    I'd much rather have less but all honest players over a larger player base with a lot of cheaters. Hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You don't know anything about botting.
    He has a point though. If you are botting, then you aren't wanting to do some of the game. If some of the game feels like a chore, why are you doing it in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I thought currency was removed when banned? Or am I mistaken?
    It is removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I'd much rather have less but all honest players over a larger player base with a lot of cheaters. Hands down.
    I doubt we'll even get to 1 mill.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

as an x botter i agree that permaban's isnt the way to go. i stopped botting after getting a 3 day ban for botting and havent done it since for fear of loosing my account and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Haha... HAHAHAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sorry, but.. boohoo? They could've just followed the damn guidelines.
    Indeed. Fucking hilarious that they broke the rules and are crying like babies about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    as an x botter i agree that permaban's isnt the way to go. i stopped botting after getting a 3 day ban for botting and havent done it since for fear of loosing my account and progress.
    There still wouldn't really be a downside to removing cheaters for at least 6 months on the first offence.
    Immediate perm might not be the only viable solution, but it certainly is one as well.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-05-20 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    They should not even get a warning nor 6 months. Perma ban them right away.
    Why? because some people actually have a life and can't spend 12 hours a day playing because they don't still live with mommy and daddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Indeed. Fucking hilarious that they broke the rules and are crying like babies about it.
    Pretty much. Maybe think things through before you do them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    Why? because some people actually have a life and can't spend 12 hours a day playing because they don't still live with mommy and daddy.
    What a silly argument. Also: If you don't have time for something, you don't get it. Not that difficult to understand.

Deleted
    He has a point though. If you are botting, then you aren't wanting to do some of the game. If some of the game feels like a chore, why are you doing it in the first place?
    Because in order to play the enjoyable parts, one often needs to do parts he does not enjoy.
    Such as having to level in order to raid... and that is Blizzard's fault - if they opened level boosts to max a week or two after relase, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is common lately for people to complain about actions taken against them because they did wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Because in order to play the enjoyable parts, one often needs to do parts he does not enjoy.
    Such as having to level in order to raid... and that is Blizzard's fault - if they opened level boosts to max a week or two after relase, problem solved.
    You can't blame Blizzard for a leveler's laziness.
    And sorry, but many (if not all) RPG's has some parts that people don't enjoy, life. It's part of the game, don't enjoy it then find some other to do.

It is common lately for people to complain about actions taken against them because they did wrong.

You can't blame Blizzard for a leveler's laziness.
    And sorry, but many (if not all) RPG's has some parts that people don't enjoy, life. It's part of the game, don't enjoy it then find some other to do.
    Oh it's common is it? Ok got it I dropped my sandwich on the ground and I'm gonna go sue subway? How did I do

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's common is it? Ok got it I dropped my sandwich on the ground and I'm gonna go sue subway? How did I do
    Already been a case of that. As well as one sueing for too hot coffee..

Grow up and learn to prioritize.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    So that justifies botting? Nope. That is like the guy who said it makes shit on the market cheap.

If some of the game feels like a chore, why are you doing it in the first place?
    At the end of the day I don't think there is much point into asking why cheating scum is cheating. They'll have what they consider a valid reason regardless how pathetic it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Immediate perm might not be the only viable solution, but it certainly is one as well.
    Of course it's a viable solution especially when done in higher frequency. Once you hurt the bottom line of a botter enough he'll quit.
    Calls others out for still living with mommy and daddy - still hasn't learned you don't need to have everything in a game but rather resorts to cheating. Legit.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-20 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    At the end of the day I don't think there is much point into asking why cheating scum is cheating. They'll have what they consider a valid reason regardless how pathetic it is.
    Deep within, I know, but one can hope that there's a reasonable mind behind the screen.