warcraft movie will make blizz tons of $

did blizzard support warcraft movie financially ? just wondering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolcan View Post
    did blizzard support warcraft movie financially ? just wondering
    Not what I've heard off, they did script and insight though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Odd, I thought Blizzard did put up the 150 million for the movie. Though maybe when they sell the rights, it all goes to whoever bought it. Guess that's all tucked away in the contacts
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-05-20 at 02:14 PM.

Either way they will get a cut of the profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they only gave their 'license' to Legendary/Universal

I hope it does well, so that in a few sequels from now it will have my rogue in it as the commander of the assault on alternate Draenor.

On what grounds will it be making tons of money? For all we know, Blizzard sold the rights to make the movie, which means they only get that fee and anything else they negotiated in the deal.

That aside, the company that's making the movie made a comment that Warcraft is a "problem movie" and is going to be a tough sell.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Either way they will get a cut of the profits.
    Not really. If they sold the license to make the movie, without any further negotiations, they only get their fee no matter how good or bad the movie is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Not really. If they sold the license to make the movie, without any further negotiations, they only get their fee no matter how good or bad the movie is.
    Do you not know what royalties and residuals are?

On topic, the people banking the movie are typical movie producers... But if the movie is successful Blizzard will still make a lot of money, both in terms of residuals and in terms of a two and a half hour advertisement for their game that tens of millions of people will see.

blizz sold the license, and on top of that many people will discover this game throughout the movie which will make them want to play the game, couple of million players just subscribed to wow, cash will flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    I hope it does well, so that in a few sequels from now it will have my rogue in it as the commander of the assault on alternate Draenor.
    Can't wait the episode that happens entirely in a garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Can't wait the episode that happens entirely in a garrison.
    If you read in to the quests and such, a movie for WoD wouldn't be in a Garrison (mostly because a writers team wouldn't follow a slacking commander).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..