Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    But why didnt they stick with the original savior!?!?!? Anduin would have been so much better for this role

The stupid thing about the child of prodigy plots is that how the hell in this vast universe it must be one certain person who is destined to defeat X and for what reason it must be that person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    lore wise we already have
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Like I said, Delas Moonfang is the first Night Elf Paladin, and she is a Champion in Legion, who hangs out in the Paladin Order Hall.
    My question is if they will become a class choice for night elves in the future!? Based on this it seems very likely!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    WoW, this is lame... even by Blizzard standards. Boy of Light and Shadow? Sounds like its a re-write from it being Anduin originally.

Yeah. This description doesn't seem to fit Illidan who is an antihero at best and a selfish powermongering cunt at worst. Sure he is the less annoying of the Stormrage brothers, but still.

Ehh at least it isn't Thrall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    I actually'd bet against that. Losing his body to Gul'dan's purpose sound perfectly like the price the eldar Naaru (Xe'ra?) was talking about. That also gives us something to do in Legion - getting Illidan's body back and cleanse it of whatever taint Gul'dan put in.
    How could the Naaru have planned on rogue dragonflights breaking space-time and creating a new Draenor, thus bringing Gul'dan back to life? Pretty sure that's a big causality monkeywrench.

I think a lot of players forgot that Gul'dan is dead. This is a new, alternate Gul'dan wrecking havoc on our whole timeline.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So Illidan is Kerrigan, destined to save the universe?
    exactly. and Legion will end with Tyrande sitting around a table at Goldshire Inn drinking ale alone, when all of a sudden we see a blurry figure resembling Illidan entering the tavern, and extending his hand toward Tyrande...

...Someone should just burn Blizzard's story writing department.

No, the Twisting Nether is space:
    The Exodar got from Outlands to Azeroth by traveling through the Nether... with a space ship.
    Immortal demons soul's return to "the twisting Nether" when they die, but in Warcraft 3 we literally see them transported through **space** to their home planet, where they're regenerated.
    The plane of shadow is called "The Shadowlands" not the Nether.
    Twisting Nether is NOT space. The Great Dark Beyond is. Twisting Nether is a dimension existing outside of realities (time and space - which makes up our physical universe / Great Dark Beyond), but connected with all of them. There are multiple space (GDB) in the multiverse, but there is only one Twisting Nether connecting to all of them (that's why there is only a single Legion).

Exodar isn't a mere space ship. It is a dimensional ship that can teleport between worlds and realities.

How could the Naaru have planned on rogue dragonflights breaking space-time and creating a new Draenor, thus bringing Gul'dan back to life? Pretty sure that's a big causality monkeywrench.
    They didn't create a new Draenor. That AU had always been there. Kairoz just opened a portal linking our universe and that universe. And there is also the question of whether what happened in WoD changed the history, or history had always supposed to go as thus .
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-20 at 02:43 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants to bet because Gul'dan getting his hands on Illidan's body totally screw's up the Naaru's master plan, Illidan fails, and the "Age of Demons" and Argus is destroyed by... Anduin & Sylvanas, who are also "children of light & shadow"."
    This whole thing has been fucked up from the begining. Illidan is powered by OU's Gul'dan's Skull but is ressurected by AU Gul'Dan! For fuck's sake just STOP, STOP the shit already. They only times they ever did lore right was half of LK and all of MoP (and that was because it was something made from scratch!).

All it is now is just another layer of paint over an already defined turd.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, the Twisting Nether is space:
    The Exodar got from Outlands to Azeroth by traveling through the Nether... with a space ship.
    Immortal demons soul's return to "the twisting Nether" when they die, but in Warcraft 3 we literally see them transported through **space** to their home planet, where they're regenerated.
    The plane of shadow is called "The Shadowlands" not the Nether.
    the Twisting Nether is not in our Physical Reality, even if the Demon use OUR space as Gate way, the Twisting Nether doesn't Belong to OUR Physical reality.
    -The Twisting Nether is an astral dimension that lies in parallel with the Great Dark Beyond. The forces of Light and Void bleed together at the boundaries of the Twisting Nether, engulfing this realm in perpetual strife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So where exactly are those shots from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The stupid thing about the child of prodigy plots is that how the hell in this vast universe it must be one certain person who is destined to defeat X and for what reason it must be that person.
    "speaking like English man"
    Sir you are just mad because you are not the chosen one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seregolas View Post
    My question is if they will become a class choice for night elves in the future!? Based on this it seems very likely!
    after NE mage
    it doesn't matter what Blizzard add to NE

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Yeah. This description doesn't seem to fit Illidan who is an antihero at best and a selfish powermongering cunt at worst. Sure he is the less annoying of the Stormrage brothers, but still.

Ehh at least it isn't Thrall again.
    I would pay to Kill the Trio of Tyranda and Stormrage Brothers
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

"speaking like English man"
    Sir you are just mad because you are not the chosen one
    I prefer it to be Anduin. People love child of prodigy. :P

7+ Year Old Account

I think a lot of players forgot that Gul'dan is dead. This is a new, alternate Gul'dan wrecking havoc on our whole timeline.
    they can see the Future ?!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Xe'ra: I need to speak with Illidan! It is of desperate importance!
    Player: Oh, well, the was this rebellion, the Broken draenei rose up, I kinda killed him
    Xe'ra: Fear not hero! Blizzard retconned that **** as they do all of your greatest achievements!
    Player: Oh, not sure how I feel about th-
    Xe'ra: I must find Illidan urgently, Arthas and Kael'thas are already waiting for us onboard Neltharion!
    Player: ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Twisting Nether is NOT space. The Great Dark Beyond is. Twisting Nether is a dimension existing outside of realities (time and space - which makes up our physical universe / Great Dark Beyond), but connected with all of them. There are multiple space (GDB) in the multiverse, but there is only one Twisting Nether connecting to all of them (that's why there is only a single Legion).

Exodar isn't a mere space ship. It is a dimensional ship that can teleport between worlds and realities.

They didn't create a new Draenor. That AU had always been there. Kairoz just opened a portal linking our universe and that universe. And there is also the question of whether what happened in WoD changed the history, or history had always supposed to go as thus .
    Science " rising both hands with glowing glitter"

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Xe'ra: I need to speak with Illidan! It is of desperate importance!
    Player: Oh, well, the was this rebellion, the Broken draenei rose up, I kinda killed him
    Xe'ra: Fear not hero! Blizzard retconned that **** as they do all of your greatest achievements!
    Player: Oh, not sure how I feel about th-
    Xe'ra: I must find Illidan urgently, Arthas and Kael'thas are already waiting for us onboard Neltharion!
    Player: ...
    lol at this point I think they should just bring them all back and let them all be the chosen ones but with different aspects.

Twisting Nether is NOT space. The Great Dark Beyond is. Twisting Nether is a dimension existing outside of realities (time and space - which makes up our physical universe / Great Dark Beyond), but connection with all of them. There are multiple space (GDB) in the multiverse, but there is only one Twisting Nether connecting to all of them (that's why there is only a single Legion).

They didn't create a new Draenor. That AU had always been there. Kairoz just opened a portal linking our universe and that universe.
    No. That's all wrong. As the Devs said, the Archemonde we fight in HFC is the original. If they just created a portal from the two timelines, why would our present Archemonde be there? Wouldn't he have contacted a past Archemonde? And why would Khadgar just leave a fucking time-rift open, which is what we do at the end of WoD.

It must be an entirely new planet in our reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I prefer it to be Anduin. People love child of prodigy. :P
    Really !!
    Anduin

Alright so, the rage people are having should be summed up like this:

*The writing has lead us to believe that "Anduin" was the child of light for about a decade in the games.
    *This new piece of lore, came to us in a book, between expansions, set before an expansion that happen a decade ago.
    *They have essentially shifted the focus of being "Green Jesus" from Thrall and gave it to Illidan...minus the green skin (what is it, sickly mauve now?)

Yet again Blizzard sold a key component of the story to us in a novel and not just putting the damn thing in the game. I mean really they could have turned that entire novel into a minor expansion before legion that we paid for. Yea instead of paying for a novel (that people won't read, and not because they don't read alone) they could have turned the entire thing into an in-game interactive piece for us to actually be a part of...so NO ONE IS CLUELESS TO THE SETUP FOR THESE EVENTS. And you could have charged us for it instead of the novel. I'm never been adverse to reading, but this is a game first and key story elements should be told through this medium first. Warlords of Dreanor did the exact same thing....that turned out well didn't it?
    Last edited by Nethlord; 2016-05-20 at 02:50 PM.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So Illidan is Kerrigan, destined to save the universe?
    All 3 of Blizzards top IP's (Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft) have the same fucking basic story, there is a almighty evil that can only be destroyed in their special realm, for Warcraft it's Sargeras in the Twisting Nether, for Diablo it's Hell, for Starcraft it is Amon in the void, and all 3 have some special someone that was destined to do something or what ever.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.