Won a beta key from eurogamer. Just want to say thanks to everyone in this thread who has been providing information for me to now "put the pen to paper" and start doing a lot of testing on the demon hunter myself. And now hopefully I can provide meaningful content and ask pertinent questions after getting a hands on experience.

I will be genuinely upset if their "fix" to the VR animation cancel is not allowing glide after it. Jumping -> 180 turn in air -> VR -> glide is a huge mobility boost in pvp and incredibly fun. The fact that this is now broken because of animation cancellers is absurd.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    The ring that gives 1-20 extra fury is massively powerfull, if only for the fact that less time pushing Demon's bite= More time for chaos strikes which do alot more damage.

Edit is it also me or did they nerf the headpiece from 1 second to 0,5 second per crit hit.
    In full heroic Nighthold gear we have like 60% crit chance, with 4pc CS will be upwards of 70+% crit chance.

Unfortunately the ring will be worthless in full raid gear because of this. You'd be able to sustain fury with prepared/fel rush only pretty much at that point. Plus the 2pc is 20% increased fury gen, so that'd only make the ring even weaker thanks for how little fury you would spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    In full heroic Nighthold gear we have like 60% crit chance, with 4pc CS will be upwards of 70+% crit chance.

Unfortunately the ring will be worthless in full raid gear because of this. You'd be able to sustain fury with prepared/fel rush only pretty much at that point. Plus the 2pc is 20% increased fury gen, so that'd only make the ring even weaker thanks for how little fury you would spend.
    Remember that stat tuning did not went down yet: i seriously doubt that we will get stats THAT high, expecially during first tier. It would be a first in the WoW history and would go against their intended avoidance of the "insane scaling factor" that we have experienced in pretty much all expansions up until now.

Blizzard did say that they were gonna scale stats less and give a higher amount straight out of the bat, but i find illogic to go up to that extent.

Deleted
    Of course I get started playing the beta and the damn starting zone for DH is bugged

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Maybe this isn't the right place since this isn't necessarily a Havoc thing so much as Demon Hunter thing but I'm not sure where else to go. In any case it's been a while since I dusted off the ol' Alpha (Now Beta) but I just logged back in, rolled a new DH and noticed something -- our running animation is gone. A few months back when you unsheathed your glaives you'd drop down into the sorta crouched sprint that's been pretty synonymous with the class since Warcraft. After some poking around it seems to be in effect for both races and both genders. Has anyone heard anything? Any confirmation on it being a bug or removed? It seems like a pretty 'big' thing to just remove for no reason.
    You never had that "run" unless you were in combat / targeting something; sometimes it just stuck around as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    I will be genuinely upset if their "fix" to the VR animation cancel is not allowing glide after it. Jumping -> 180 turn in air -> VR -> glide is a huge mobility boost in pvp and incredibly fun. The fact that this is now broken because of animation cancellers is absurd.
    That appears to be their fix, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I didn't bother to check myself and can't while I am at work, but can you still VR > FR > Glide?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    I didn't bother to check myself and can't while I am at work, but can you still VR > FR > Glide?
    yes

/tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Gonna be tweeting some bitches about this. Not happy that their fix intrudes on some of the highlights of 'genuine' gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Gonna be tweeting some bitches about this. Not happy that their fix intrudes on some of the highlights of 'genuine' gameplay.
    The spin and glide was also an animation cancel, albeit a lesser form of it.

Deleted
    Is it just me that thinks it's so sad that the Coilscar in our order hall has such tiny tiny weapons?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4466/HXeNSm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Is it just me that thinks it's so sad that the Coilscar in our order hall has such tiny tiny weapons?

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4466/HXeNSm.jpg
    That's not his weapon... He's just always prepared to eat, and brings a fork everywhere so he can do so politely!

Are anyone elses shattered souls not appearing I see the line flying off the mob when it dies but then it just disappears when it hits the ground and I dont get healed, idk if my glyph turning them green is the problem or not.

Edit: So taking off the glyph did fix my problem
    Last edited by Donovan4893; 2016-05-20 at 06:38 PM.

Is it true they've changed the colour of the class order hall sets for Demon Hunters from orange/gold to green? Damn, it looks terrible in green

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Is it true they've changed the colour of the class order hall sets for Demon Hunters from orange/gold to green? Damn, it looks terrible in green
    Yup, It was much better, not sure why it got changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Are anyone elses shattered souls not appearing I see the line flying off the mob when it dies but then it just disappears when it hits the ground and I dont get healed, idk if my glyph turning them green is the problem or not.
    If you aren't paying attention and it spawns close enough you auto pick it up and there's a possibility that you were healed already and didn't notice.

If you're playing in a group and see them shooting out but no orb spawning then it's probably one of the other 10 DHs in your 5 man group doing that and you're seeing their orb.

If you're referring to the orb from Demonic Appetite you were actually healed just the heal is so small you don't notice it.

As for the new animation cancel. Meh you lose 4 seconds of Momentum so it really does the same thing as it's doing now if you Fel Rush in from a distance. I still wish they'd just allow animation canceling and make it a core feature rather than fuck with it and ruin good things (the faster glide time with VR that's now gone).

You can't VR 180 glide anymore? WELL CRAP! You inherited the move speed from VR doing that and I'd take advantage of the extra distance for faster questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddrox84 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking the Talent restriction system for Demon hunters isn't as bad. Mainly because we have some talents that massively outshine others and we get a pretty cookie cutter spec in that regard. So thats a yay for small victories I would say
    No, it's actually terrible not being able to change talents on demand when you're running Momentum + Felblade and got bosses like Helya or Wrath of Azshara where Felblade won't do shit, though you're dependent on it thanks to 'no animation cancelling'. Without talent restriction you could've just gone Nemesis + FB for that boss and call it a day. Now, you are pretty much fucked and severely underperforming for the fight and can't do anything about it.

(And no, dropping one of those expensive tomes for one fucking dungeon boss or teleporting in and out to respec because Blizzard is too stubborn and incompetent to see their failure is not an option.)

It was a really dumb, unnecessary change and a loss in any case. The players that didn't care for re-talenting before won't notice a difference because it was and still is irrelevant for them. It only hurts the players that do care about optimising their performance at all times.

If they want to keep this stupid talent restrictions they have to completely rework the talent system/order (clear rows: AoE, Cleave, ST, Utility, ... whatever), streamline everything and fix all possible pathing problems of Felblade. Though, I still hope that they will eventually revert or at least change this change to make it less of a fuckery (like cheap individual respecs similar to old Tomes but crafted by Inscription).
    Last edited by chooi; 2016-05-20 at 09:57 PM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Honestly at this point, removing momentum (and probably prepared/fel mastery) seems to be the only way to truly "fix" animation cancelling.

Or make their respective talents turn them into non-movement abilities. Either way, they just keep breaking other uses while not fixing the cancelling itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Honestly at this point, removing momentum (and probably prepared/fel mastery) seems to be the only way to truly "fix" animation cancelling.

Or make their respective talents turn them into non-movement abilities. Either way, they just keep breaking other uses while not fixing the cancelling itself.
    insofar as VR is concerned, the ability to animation break is gone, save one where it's a problem with the no GCD and conflicting orders more than a cancel.

they haven't been battling with FR at all.