Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Blizzard thinks the problem with Thrall was because it was Thrall so they change the man for the role this time. lol
    Well the difference is Thrall's writing was shifted from a slight jesus allegory of being a special child of prophecy born to save his race, into being a full tilt Messiah who was the only one that could fight Ragnaros and Deathwing and save the world.

Illidan has literally always seen himself as his people's savior. He has always wanted to be seen that way. Moment 1 of Illidan's story was 'Save the world from the legion'.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Yet again Blizzard sold a key component of the story to us in a novel and not just putting the damn thing in the game. I mean really they could have turned that entire novel into a minor expansion before legion that we paid for. Yea instead of paying for a novel (that people won't read, and not because they don't read alone) they could have turned the entire thing into an in-game interactive piece for us to actually be a part of...so NO ONE IS CLUELESS TO THE SETUP FOR THESE EVENTS. And you could have charged us for it instead of the novel. I'm never been adverse to reading, but this is a game first and key story elements should be told through this medium first. Warlords of Dreanor did the exact same thing....that turned out well didn't it?
    To be fair, in this case, unlike other novels (i.e Warcrimes) you didn't miss anything without buying / reading the book. We get exactly the same event in "Illidan" as we did in Legion (judging based on the screenshots) in regards to this champion-of-Light / destroyer-of-demons story. Just that in Illidan, you see it from Illidan's perspective and here Xe'ra told you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's just not interesting I suppose. I'd rather see a few chosen blessed warriors or something rather than just one.
    Pretty sure Illidan wouldn't be doing it alone. We know, for example, that Anduin is another champion of Light. There probably are more. At worst, Illidan'd just be like Potter who did most of important jobs (like 95%+ of the main protagonists anyway), with our help.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-20 at 03:14 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    There ya go.

(quick dip off topic, but he's really only ran in some gimmick decks since he just doubles all your healing and damage from spells done)

Either way, I'm just bored of the idea of a single chosen one I suppose. Like, it happens too often that there's tons of strong characters in a story, BUT IT'S REALLY ONLY THIS ONE WHO CAN DO ANYTHING.

Like, I feel like Harry Potter, since someone mentioned it before, is a good example of doing it right (Harry wasn't the one winning every single fight for everyone, and he didn't do it alone). Meanwhile then on the flip side you have things like Dragon Ball, which tried with Gohan yet just drops that to go back to Goku doing everything basically.

It's just not interesting I suppose. I'd rather see a few chosen blessed warriors or something rather than just one.
    "cough cough " we still have Me'dan " cough cough "
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    "cough cough " we still have Me'dan " cough cough "
    It's too early to start drinking.

if Elune creating the Naaru is true then this must be her stupid idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Well the difference is Thrall's writing was shifted from a slight jesus allegory of being a special child of prophecy born to save his race, into being a full tilt Messiah who was the only one that could fight Ragnaros and Deathwing and save the world.

Illidan has literally always seen himself as his people's savior. He has always wanted to be seen that way. Moment 1 of Illidan's story was 'Save the world from the legion'.
    so.....
    Illidan become Goku
    and we must give him our strength to fight the legion ?

- - - Updated - - -

"looking at the time"
    it's 17:11 here sir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if Elune creating the Naaru is true then this must be her stupid idea.
    and Azeroth is the Most stupid idea ever
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Pretty sure Illidan wouldn't be doing it alone. We know, for example, that Anduin is another champion of Light, for example. There probably are more.
    Then why not even mention them? Apparently only Illidan was worth mentioning, kinda implies the rest are replaceable.

"looking at the time"
    it's 17:11 here sir
    that's like, 6 hours ahead of me.

Then why not even mention them? Apparently only Illidan was worth mentioning, kinda implies the rest are replaceable.
    Because, as I said, at worst Illidan would be the main character in that story. Since you bring up Harry Potter as an example - the prophecy there didn't mention dozens of people who helped Harry either. The story is still being revealed.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's like, 6 hours ahead of me.
    you are in alternative Dimension

So Blizzard has to feed his ego and let him become jesus? It's not that much different. Now, Illidan is a special child of prodigy for whatever reasons.

Deleted
    leave thrall, I have plans for him being undead and lead the Forsaken after Sylv
    After Sylvanas? What the hell?
    Sorry, but I wan't Thrall to be Me'dan level dead. Two years ago i would have been fine with him simply going osscreen with her wife and kids, but I grew way too tired of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Is it too late to join the legion?
    Sadly, yes. Same with Final Fantasy XIV. No matter how nice he asked I'm not allowed to join Elidibus.

Nah, that's fine. Let him save us from the Legion. But don't pretend that Illidan is the anything of the Light. He is a powermongering prick.

NO it isn't. Let's make a drinking game.

Drink a shot if Blizzard fucks up lore.

Drink two if it happens outside of the games.

Finish your drink if the story focuses too much on the Horde (or a certain green skinned horde race).

Refill your glass and drink the whole thing if it is less interesting or less well written than whatever happened with the Alliance off focus. Or just simply sets the Horde back.

Because, as I said, at worst Illidan would be the main character in that story. Since you bring up Harry Potter as an example - the prophecy there didn't mention dozens of people who helped Harry either. The story is still being revealed.
    It didn't even mention Harry Potter either, let's not forget that. This is flat out saying "Illidan will save the world from demons".
    Harry Potter was just "Someone born on this day will kill this guy".

Neville would of done it in 3 books. ;p

you are in alternative Dimension
    M-maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    NO it isn't. Let's make a drinking game.

Drink a shot if Blizzard fucks up lore.

Drink two if it happens outside of the games.

Finish your drink if the story focuses too much on the Horde (or a certain green skinned horde race).

Refill your glass and drink the whole thing if it is less interesting or less well written than whatever happened with the Alliance off focus. Or just simply sets the Horde back.
    I heard wikihow is looking for a guide on how to get liver disease.

Nah, that's fine. Let him save us from the Legion. But don't pretend that Illidan is the anything of the Light. He is a powermongering prick.
    He can be both, though. You don't even need to be good in order to wield the Light =P

He can be both, though. You don't even need to be good in order to wield the Light =P
    and that's terrible. Him being a demon hunter is a part of his character.

Deleted

I heard wikihow is looking for a guide on how to get liver disease.
    This is how. Or you can born with one like I did. Just make sure you aren't treated for viral hepatitis if you have none.

Not sure that's how it work, but even if it does Illidan never bothered with light for the past 10, 000 years. I can't see him doing it now.

To be fair, in this case, unlike other novels (i.e Warcrimes) you didn't miss anything without buying / reading the book. We get exactly the same event in "Illidan" as we did in Legion (judging based on the screenshots) in regards to this champion-of-Light / destroyer-of-demons story. Just that in Illidan, you see it from Illidan's perspective and here Xe'ra told you about it.
    Not really, the screenshot states what the reader would have already known, which (if that is just what the screenshot is to explain) is a huge revelation to the player. If that is it alone, then O.K, it makes the novel just pointless and simply a cash-grab by Blizzard. But a still image with a caption isn't 100% and I will admit to jumping the gun with my opinion (partially). My two other points stand though (Anduin as the child of light, and not "A" child of light) and (Illidan is the new Green-Jesus).
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Because that will be a shitty Story that insults the intelligence of every player. And why Illidan is called a boy? That all sounds like a cheap Harry Potter Rip-Off. Illidan is a fucking 10.000 years old adult man.
    Well... for someone as old as the Naaru, we are all boys and girls (Including even the elemental lords)

Not sure that's how it work, but even if it does Illidan never bothered with light for the past 10, 000 years. I can't see him doing it now.
    That's how it works. You only need to believe that you can wield the Light in order to do it.

Plus, while he never bothered with the Light in the past (partly due to the NE had little to do with the Light and partly due to Fel being the more destructive power so far), Illidan was shown a vision by Xe'ra. In that vision, he was wielding the Light wrecking havocs to demons and evil of the Voids, that his followers / fellow soldiers looked at him in awe and wonder, and he looked "calm, strong and at peace". Seeing how much Illidan want power and to become something grander than his brother, I wouldn't be surprised if he is very willingly to hug and kiss the Light now (although he was still a bit skeptical about it in the book).

Not really, the screenshot states what the reader would have already known, which (if that is just what the screenshot is to explain) is a huge revelation to the player. If that is it alone, then O.K, it makes the novel just pointless and simply a cash-grab by Blizzard.
    Yes, that's all about it in regard to this plot in the book. In the book, Illidan was shown vision by the Elder Naaru (presumably Xe'ra) and was told that no matter what he does or what he becomes, in the end he'd serve as a champion of the Light - and that's about it. Not really more detailed than this scene, I believe. The book's main point wasn't to elaborate upon this plotline anyway (it only gave the scene slightly longer than a page), but to show Illidan's actions in TBC from his PoV - which is pretty much completely different from our perspective back then.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-20 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the screenshot states what the reader would have already known, which (if that is just what the screenshot is to explain) is a huge revelation to the player. If that is it alone, then O.K, it makes the novel just pointless and simply a cash-grab by Blizzard. But a still image with a caption isn't 100% and I will admit to jumping the gun with my opinion (partially). My two other points stand though (Anduin as the child of light, and not "A" child of light) and (Illidan is the new Green-Jesus).
    Well... having in mind that Blizzard had many problems cause they had much of its lore in different books, it makes sense the put it in the game, i think they just learned something from their mistakes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    and that's terrible. Him being a demon hunter is a part of his character.
    So was Thrall as a shaman and now he don't have his shamanistic powers, also the same applies to Voljin who was mainly a Shadow Hunter, but that didn't stop him to train as a monk!, etc...

10+ Year Old Account

Illidan agrees with you (This was a topic that was touched on the Illidan book)