10+ Year Old Account
    And now it's promptly back up again, would've been a sweet moment to remember, but hey! at least nvidia showed their new vga's, and i'm drooling over the specs.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    And now it's promptly back up again, would've been a sweet moment to remember, but hey! at least nvidia showed their new vga's, and i'm drooling over the specs.
    Not sure why it's back up with that video but it's going to be taken down again when Sony figures it out.

Any uncharted 4 footage is under NDA until Monday, you can only show pre recorded footage from Sony. They have scenes in that video Sony has never shown. Like really big spoiler shit to.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've posted images showing I play games (Not here but on twitter), from screenshots of my Steam profile to screenshots of my PSN profile and just been told I could have found it online or photoshopped it. I don't want to actually post my profiles because I'd probably just get harassed by people like Zython, but I see Zython has been banned so the point is moot now, but I'd like his supposed definitive proof that GG doesn't play games, considering many people in GG have Youtube channels surrounding games or twitch streams showing them actually playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not sure why it's back up with that video but it's going to be taken down again when Sony figures it out.

Any uncharted 4 footage is under NDA until Monday, you can only show pre recorded footage from Sony. They have scenes in that video Sony has never shown. Like really big spoiler shit to.
    Probably connections that they have got them up and running so quickly. Most people have to deal with a process that takes much longer.

Edit: On the note of the youtube account banning, someone said that a NDA is not something in Youtube's TOS, so the account shouldn't have been terminated for a TOS violation, if it were a DMCA violation it would have been ok since Sony can claim copyright over the video, but for the banning they gave her, people believe it was not warranted. Although DMCA still falls under the TOS, so I'm not sure how exactly a TOS vs DMCA violation compare to each other.
    Last edited by erthwjim; 2016-05-07 at 08:07 AM.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Who knows, Youtube's take down system is dodgy as all hell. The quick take down was probably pretty easy, getting it gone for longer I'm unsure about. I didn't realize that con was still making videos.

Operation Icy Blizzard is an operation with three main objectives. First it is to raise awareness about corruption in gaming journalism. Second it is to promote ethical alternatives to the mainstream gaming press. Third and most importantly, it is intended to spark a conversation and encourage new people to engage with it's participants and discuss why they are care about ethics in games journalism (and offer suggestions for moving forward).

The operation was originally proposed by MikiSayaka33 last month and with his support I will be launching the operation with an initial Thunderclap campaign, which will send out a message that should reach tens or even hundreds of thousands of people. The campaign is worded in such a way as to both provide links to important resources AND serve as a jumping off point for new people and neutrals to join the conversation.

Obviously ethics in games journalism is only one facet of the conversation and this campaign is not intended to limit the scope of GamerGate, but ethics is the main focus of this particular campaign. The operation will go live on Friday, May 27th. I picked a Friday, because studies indicate that Twitter is more active on weekends and this provides people with a great opportunity to have a dialogue over the weekend.

If you want to participate in this operation, there are many ways you can help! The simplest way to help would be to sign up for the Thunderclap campaign and participate in the #IcyBlizzard and #GamerGate hashtags on Twitter (or other social media). If you are a content creator, you can help by making a video, blog post, art or similar content to encourage people to participate in the discussion and participate in the Thunderclap campaign.

Campaign: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...n-icy-blizzard

Deleted
    Dude we've already won, why are you dragging it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    There's still a lot of work to be done to improve this industry and oppose censorship.

We've hardly "won" though.
    We've won battles here and there, alot of sites have done what we really wanted in the end and disclosed their affiliations and incestous relationships, but there is still a shitload of sites and "journalists" out there who is as unethical as you can get.

I'll consider us as having won when we have put a stop to the constant smearing of the culture and industry by so called video game sites and "journalists"
    and when we have stopped the constant push for censorship and the attempts to remove video game's that's "problematic"

That day is the day i will be done with Gamergate and say we have won, and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon sadly.
    Thank god Nichegamer and Lewdgamer is a thing, they are in my eyes the only tolerable sites out there atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netscape View Post
    Operation Icy Blizzard
    The pessimist in me thinks that an arctic front will blanket the northeast on that day and seriously screw with the hashtag. :/

I can see this going several ways. Not to be mean but the most likely way is that it will be ignored by most. I don't see games sites picking it up because it'll make them look bad. The only reason the "who's" will say anything about it is to make themselves look more the victim. "Big name" youtubers more than likely won't pick it up for fear of backlash from anyone and everyone because they endorse a side.

But I do wish you luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So......(3:25)

Deleted
    Yeah I was sad to see that the Epic Trailer Voice Guy would stoop to something as low as taking a BS propaganda jab at GG, but then again, is it surprising.

Unless he's writing those scripts as well, he's just reading what somebody else said.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be tongue in cheek. As in "this is what GG hates" when really it's what we want and they know it. Imagine if it were the other way around and he said "GG's poster child."

This reminds me of aGG folks thinking gamers would be upset about Aisha Tyler hosting at E3. Everyone who knows who she is loves her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    We've hardly "won" though.
    We've won battles here and there, alot of sites have done what we really wanted in the end and disclosed their affiliations and incestous relationships, but there is still a shitload of sites and "journalists" out there who is as unethical as you can get.

I'll consider us as having won when we have put a stop to the constant smearing of the culture and industry by so called video game sites and "journalists"
    and when we have stopped the constant push for censorship and the attempts to remove video game's that's "problematic"

That day is the day i will be done with Gamergate and say we have won, and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon sadly.
    Thank god Nichegamer and Lewdgamer is a thing, they are in my eyes the only tolerable sites out there atm.
    There's no such thing as total and absolute victory. Especially when it comes to donkey media.

Deleted
    While this doesn't really have much to do with GG, i'm sure you guys will know, but when did Bob Chipman become an MRA? I thought he very pro SJW, but reading through some articles about the whole AVGN vs Ghostbusters articles, a lot of them mentioned "noted MRA and Redpill Bob Chipman", which doesn't sound anything like the Bob Chipman that I know about.

10+ Year Old Account
    While this doesn't really have much to do with GG, i'm sure you guys will know, but when did Bob Chipman become an MRA? I thought he very pro SJW, but reading through some articles about the whole AVGN vs Ghostbusters articles, a lot of them mentioned "noted MRA and Redpill Bob Chipman", which doesn't sound anything like the Bob Chipman that I know about.
    Say one thing anti Feminist or one thing they construe as against women and you are Redpill MRA even if you NEVER heard of them. It happened to me asking for dating advice on here...because I QUOTED THE VERY WOMAN I WAS ASKING ABOUT and used the words "friendzone"(her!wording I had never heard it before) and described myself as a nice guy...which I was also called by said woman. I was not even aware of Tumblr or SJW or pc feminism until then..This was about a year before anita.

Welp they guaranteed I would be pro GG by continuing to say I must hate women and be manipulative(this forum used to have 3-4 posters that were hardcore feminists)

Sooo yeah...It's a thing nit a good thing but a thing..

Kind of need some context here. I can easily see it being done as a joke, but without seeing any of the articles I can't really say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Kind of need some context here. I can easily see it being done as a joke, but without seeing any of the articles I can't really say.
    https://medium.com/@RachelBanks/miso...0f6#.sttja2pyt

They eat their own.

But for your actual question; it looks like never? All I can see coming up in google is him mocking MRAs. I don't follow the guy myself though, so he could be anything.