Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    lol stop giving them bad ideas!!!

my headcanon is this:Elune created the Naaru.she tells them to tell Illidan about this "holy angel" thing.Illidan is pissed off and kills Elune's favorite,Tyrande.Elune is very pissed and she chooses another "holy angel".
    read illidan new book!! illidan is the chosen one

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    read illidan new book!! illidan is the chosen one
    no shit Sherlock.just saying that they could avoid that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol the similarities between this and sc2 are hilariously close.

that being said, illidan lore = blah. never liked the character in wc3 and not much has changed.

the story just gets weirder and more butchered with each expansion. just my .02 however

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    They never understood their community, so you are probably right.
    Wait for the whole story to be told? I'm sure there's a lot of twists and turns in there since even Xe'ra called him the child of Light AND Shadow. Lot of room for some whacky shit to happen there.

At the end of the day it will probably be the story of a bad guy with good intentions and a selfish heart learning the error of his ways but I guess people are too stuck up in that exact personality and mindset that they don't want to see the character be redeemed so that they can continue to associate their personality flaws with him.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Wait for the whole story to be told? I'm sure there's a lot of twists and turns in there since even Xe'ra called him the child of Light AND Shadow. Lot of room for some whacky shit to happen there.
    The very idea of child of prodigy is terrible. It makes no sense. You should become a hero by actually doing something heroic not because you are destined to be.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-20 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Illidan isn't evil. Even in TBC we werent really given good reason to fight him. Despite his title being "the betrayer", his history has been nothing but getting betrayed himself.
    Enslaving the Broken who helped him conquer the Black Temple and making the Life of everyone in Outlands a living hell seems to be pretty evil to me.

And by the way, everyone who think the whole Illidan is the Champion and Angel of Light stuff is good writing can only be described as a complete moron who should play once in their lifetime something different than Blizzard Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The very idea of child of prodigy is terrible.
    Except that that has been his story ever since the war of the ancients trilogy. So why are you just NOW getting so butthurt about it? The game's lore has spent the past 12+ years building him up as the "I'm really the good guy you are all fools and you'll see one day!" edgelord thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Except that that has been his story ever since the war of the ancients trilogy. So why are you just NOW getting so butthurt about it?
    Except the story in WotA implied that the whole destiny thing was BS and people become great by doing great things. That's the whole point of the contrast between Malfurion and Illidan. Malfurion had no amber eyes. He became the greatest hero of that war through effort and circumstances. Illidan was born with amber eyes but he was still struggling to find his own place and his eagerness to prove himself above his brother only made things worse. The story was there to prove the point.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-20 at 04:12 PM.

Why is it so hard for people to look beyond the face value of words like "light" and "shadow" and see the deeper, symbolic meaning? Just because it's quoted that he will be a warrior of the light doesn't mean he'll literally be holy and using holy power.

A warrior of the light can simply mean someone with great power (as Illidan has) who wants to combat the force that's destroying the universe. He wants to stop the Burning Legion. Obviously, the Naaru don't want the Burning Legion to succeed. So in essence, he's fighting for a righteous, "holy" cause. Boom, there's your "holy warrior".

Xe'ra calling him the "child of light and shadow" could mean exactly that. His character is very dark, hence the shadow, but his reasons are good and he wants to save the universe, hence the light.

Symbolism, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Why is it so hard for people to look beyond the face value of words like "light" and "shadow" and see the deeper, symbolic meaning? Just because it's quoted that he will be a warrior of the light doesn't mean he'll literally be holy and using holy power.

A warrior of the light can simply mean someone with great power (as Illidan has) who wants to combat the force that's destroying the universe. He wants to stop the Burning Legion. Obviously, the Naaru don't want that to happen, and have good values and all that. So in essence, he's fighting for a righteous, "holy" cause. Boom, there's your "holy warrior".

Xe'ra calling him the "child of light and shadow" could mean exactly that. His character is very dark, hence the shadow, but his reasons are good and he wants to save the universe, hence the light.

Symbolism, folks.
    Holy Illidan is not the worst problem. There's more to it.

I guess now we know why playable Demon Hunters have only two specs, huh.

7+ Year Old Account
    the elder naaru he encountered in the novel literally showed him a vision of him with angel wings and halo shooting holy light laser beams if i recall correctly.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-05-20 at 04:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    So where can I myself find this ingame? Would like to see it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    This is Med'an all over again, except it's worse because they're ruining an existing character.
    if they have multiple champions of the light, it's gonna be rad. and just because a character changes doesnt mean they're ruined. dont be overdramatic
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

A warrior of the light can simply mean someone with great power (as Illidan has) who wants to combat the force that's destroying the universe. He wants to stop the Burning Legion. Obviously, the Naaru don't want the Burning Legion to succeed. So in essence, he's fighting for a righteous, "holy" cause. Boom, there's your "holy warrior".

Symbolism, folks.
    So very true.But don't try to argue,they will keep spaming the same arguments and nothing will change.

Its like,in raids we're called champions/heroes,some times champions of the light.But no one thought that in the group exist Death Knights,Warlocks and Shadow priests.

Another thing,if Illidan turns out to be a good guy.Does that make Akama from our timeline a bad guy?

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    if they have multiple champions of the light, it's gonna be rad. and just because a character changes doesnt mean they're ruined. dont be overdramatic
    Power Rangers.

Oh my god yes. I'm so happy this is coming true!

Honestly, I'm quite glad that Illidan got this amazing story, after reading the novel, I was hoping this would make it to game, and I'm so glad that it is happening!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yup, especially now the exodar is operational.
    Plus with Velen finding out about his son, he is very pissed and it looks like he gonna load up all his homies in the exodar and roll up on Argus...

illidan being the child of the light, so now the next class we get will be a demon paladin hunter..

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Or Thrall. Green Jesus now we might have Purple Moses.
    Not to make this a theological discussion, but wouldn't that technically be reversed?

Thrall was left in a basket and fought to end the slavery of his people
    Illidan was born with a special purpose and died doing what he believed was right.