Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    Wait for the whole story to be told? I'm sure there's a lot of twists and turns in there since even Xe'ra called him the child of Light AND Shadow. Lot of room for some whacky shit to happen there.

At the end of the day it will probably be the story of a bad guy with good intentions and a selfish heart learning the error of his ways but I guess people are too stuck up in that exact personality and mindset that they don't want to see the character be redeemed so that they can continue to associate their personality flaws with him.
    Shadow = his past wrong doings
    Light = his future

Nothing whacky should happen, illidan is a straight forward character, he does what he thinks he needs to do to protect what he loves. Everything that parts with that will be a bad story

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    So very true.But don't try to argue,they will keep spaming the same arguments and nothing will change.

Its like,in raids we're called champions/heroes,some times champions of the light.But no one thought that in the group exist Death Knights,Warlocks and Shadow priests.

Another thing,if Illidan turns out to be a good guy.Does that make Akama from our timeline a bad guy?
    One of many times where characters can't be cut and dry seen as "good" or "bad". They have different desires and motives. Akama just wants to see the Black Temple given back to the Draenei people and restored to Karabor once more. Illidan basically made Akama his bitch all those years during TBC and his hands were tied. That's why he hates Illidan.

I'd already argue that Illidan is, for all intents and purposes, a "good guy". Due to what he wants to do and the reasons he wants to do it. He's only an Antihero because of the methods he uses to accomplish what he wants to do and sometimes has lapses in his morality, giving favor to his agenda. It's the whole reason he was outcast and labeled "The Betrayer" because of Malfurion & co barring his use of the enemy's own power against them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Remember when this game was about knights, orcs and dragons and not about space aliens, planet-sized titans and all sorts of obscure sci-fi shit?
    You mean like NEVER cause its a FANTASY GAME not a reality? if you dont like it quit and leave it all behind.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Or Thrall. Green Jesus now we might have Purple Moses.
    Green Jesus is the false Christ, aka the anti christ. Illidan is the true second coming
    All hail Purple Jesus!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Just for the people who don't like the idea of Illidan apparently becoming something close to an angel, recall that Lucifer is an angel.
    had to fix that

- - - Updated - - -

The hate for Illidan in this threas is
    WAY to high...

People actually thought that legion story would not be completely retarded after what happened in wods story? I'm not even surprised anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Warcraft fans, remember your hatred for Med'an?

Then I give you, Illidan, the "wonder boy".
    Let's make Med'an champion of Darkness, fighting for Void Lords.
    What a twist!

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    This is Med'an all over again, except it's worse because they're ruining an existing character.
    They ruined Illidan in TBC. They're fixing him, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Shadow = his past wrong doings
    Light = his future

Nothing whacky should happen, illidan is a straight forward character, he does what he thinks he needs to do to protect what he loves. Everything that parts with that will be a bad story
    Yeah, because just doing good and bad things make you a child of prophecy. The child of light and shadow means more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Making him a literal angel that saves the universe is fixing him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Pompous illogical crap.
    oh no.. you mean illogical, like all spellcasters in wow, illogical, like a floating city.

Do I need to go on?

It's a game. It's not based in logic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Spelling errors and inconsistencies? It looks fake to me, blizzard would never do something that's been misspelled.
    There are some quests ingame, right now that have spelling errors, to much worse degrees.

Also, still beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    He was supposed to be an antihero. Literally turning him into jesus is the opposite of fixing him, this completely kills the character and turns him into the complete opposite of what made him cool.

This is just cata thrall all over again.

Dont know if anybody did it before me, but i had to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2sex1mJNI

XD

So is it safe now to say that Diablo, StarCraft and WarCraft are carbon copy of eachother?

Warcraft: Battle between light and dark, the light (pantheon) falls, the darkness (burning legion) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (Illidan).
    Diablo: Battle between light and dark, the light (angels) falls, the darkness (demons) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (The Nephilem).
    StarCraft: Battle between light and dark, the light (xel'naga) falls, the darkness (Amon) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (Kerrigan).

So original Blizzard....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Yeah, because just doing good and bad things make you a child of prophecy. The child of light and shadow means more than that.
    Why would it? He is a Demon, with a dare I say Shadow Form... and he will be imbued with the power of light. Child of Light and Shadow.
    Or it's just about him wanting to protect what he loves (light side) but doing so in questionable ways often teaming up with darkness...

And everything can have a fucking prophecy, Illidan had eyes that foretold greatness.
    He is a simple and relatable character, if they touch that about him legion will be the expansion that ruined one of the most beloved characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Power Rangers.
    or the avengers, justice league etc... it's gonna be awesome haha
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    At least it's not the player character

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, Malfurion wasn't born with Amber eyes- just Antlers marking him as a chosen child of nature destined to do great things- so just a different destiny; but still a destiny story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Why would it? He is a Demon, with a dare I say Shadow Form... and he will be imbued with the power of light. Child of Light and Shadow.
    Or it's just about him wanting to protect what he loves (light side) but doing so in questionable ways often teaming up with darkness...

And everything can have a fucking prophecy, Illidan had eyes that foretold greatness.
    He is a simple and relatable character, if they touch that about him legion will be the expansion that ruined one of the most beloved characters.
    The prophecy plots are bad. WotA stories was selling the point that being prophesied to be great doesn't make you great and it implied that the eye prophecy was bullshit.

By making him a literal child of prophecy, Blizzard just ruined his character. To progress his character is to show that he realizes his over-eagerness to prove himself for the sake of it was wrong but also show that he still stands by his ways of doing things to save the world. There's no need for some random windchime to proclaim Illidan the child of prophecy. If he is gonna be redeemed it will be through his actions,understanding of himself and circumstances not becaus of "he is destined to be the chosen one all along" plot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    No, Malfurion wasn't born with Amber eyes- just Antlers marking him as a chosen child of nature destined to do great things- so just a different destiny; but still a destiny story.
    No, he earned all of it. None of them was a sign of prophecy. They were all signs of achievements.

sometimes I wish that WotA trilogy is not canon.the only good thing was Illidan's apparent betrayal.