Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I fucking hope not. They are already annoying and out of place in the Warrior class hall.

Deleted
    Unlikely.
    Pandas got pushed hard in Mop, the same expansion they were released.
    Belf/Draenei got released in the same expansion that their lore was pushed.

Basically, if the vrykul story is getting pushed, then history would suggest they would have been introduced in this expansion to push the lore of the race further.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I would be all about Vrykul, Arakkoa, Ogres, High Elves, Ethereals, or Naga. Vrykul are definitely a good choice for the Horde.

Deleted
    To be honest, I think they just don't want to introduce another "warrior" race. World of Warcraft already has way too many intelligent creatures, so it's better to expand on those. Sure, there could always be more in a fantasy world, but on another planet maybe. Also they went with Warrior "Viking Theme" knowingly when they created the Warrior Class Hall and since Vyrkuls are Warcraft's Vikings, why not expand on them in Legion? It makes perfect sense tbh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Your post made me laugh. The fact you think ten foot models are okay when seven foot Taurens have trouble fitting through some doors is laughable.
    That can easily be resolved.. same counts for ogres which is another good candidate. Giving your argument on dragonkid or murlocs are neither good candidates and seem like you have no clue. Sorry hard to take your posts seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I really hope not. We don't need slightly larger humans. Can't really think of a worse race to add.
    High elves are worse. So much worse.

The day they add Vrykul as a playable race will be the day I retire my Paladin (Been my main since wrath).

But I don't see that happening. They would have to allow flying from the get go if they did (Har Har Har).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-20 at 12:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Fanvarg View Post
    (Possible Legion Spoilers)
    So aside from the obvious Warrior hall,highmountain and the unused but established vykrul clans of northrend.

Vykrul Champions are showing up in the monk and hunter stories as important npcs too.

which brings a second question if they are hinting at this playable future where would they end up and who would be their counter-part? Ogre?(Requested and established for horde) Naga? (another demon hunter race and the illidari joins both factions.)
    they were pushed hard in wrath too... just because a race gets used doesn't mean it will become playable. all these threads about playable this, playable that. get a job for blizzard so this can become your story. otherwise let them tell theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Despite being the progenitors of humanity I think the vrykul cleave more to the Horde's basic ideologies and traditions - they're martial, uncouth, honor-bound, and not much for mutual diplomacy or shared power.
    If you were ever going to give another human like race on the horde, Vrykul would be the candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Giving your argument on dragonkid or murlocs are neither good candidates
    I was never suggesting them - I prefer that no new races are added to the game, we have more than enough right now (same with classes). I was merely saying they meet your little nitpicking so you would have approved, but of course you needed to add more nitpicks to make sure those are not "good choices" while defending the Vrykul.

Alliance should get Furbolgs and Horde should get Ogres. The last well-established Alliance and Horde races that have yet to be made playable. After that, no more playable races.

Vrykul would be cool, but I don't know if it's the right way to go.

Vrykul - Ogre
    Naga - Dragonkin

Could be very good pairings.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was never suggesting them - I prefer that no new races are added to the game, we have more than enough right now (same with classes). I was merely saying they meet your little nitpicking so you would have approved, but of course you needed to add more nitpicks to make sure those are not "good choices" while defending the Vrykul.
    Little nitpicking? Are we for real here?
    Dude you made this stupid argument and you arr probb part of the high elf fan club which is fine. Bit if you never noticed the uoated models and fleshed out story they got so far. I said they have potential.
    That you dont like them and say things like protect your Vrykul race lol.. your trying to be insulting but you realy sound like whiny kid of 13?
    What is your point in this thread besides complaining you dont like them?

Your posts become weirder and weirder and while typing this I can already guess your response but suprise me bro.

Little nitpicking? Are we for real here?
    Dude you made this stupid argument and you arr probb part of the high elf fan club
    I am going to stop you right here. I am in the "No More Races" fanclub, if there was one. I have no argument other than counter arguing your Vrykul addition. As posted earlier, I was merely saying that these other races players have been asking as playable races fit your requirements so they might as well be added into the game. It is clear you only want Vrykul added, and will make up any excuse to shoot down other races from being added until or even after Blizzard adds "your" race of Vrykul.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to stop you right here. I am in the "No More Races" fanclub, if there was one. I have no argument other than counter arguing your Vrykul addition. As posted earlier, I was merely saying that these other races players have been asking as playable races fit your requirements so they might as well be added into the game. It is clear you only want Vrykul added, and will make up any excuse to shoot down other races from being added until or even after Blizzard adds "your" race of Vrykul.
    I think you missed my point multiple times were I said they have potential, same I said about Ogres or Arrakoa.
    More options for us to play with the better and I think excisting/new races added is something many people like not just me.
    It is true that I like the Vrykul cus I see potential for multiple reasons, even the Ogres deserve a spot.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-05-21 at 11:25 PM.

It is true that I like the Vrykul cus I see potential for multiple reasons, even the Ogres deserve a spot.
    We already have eleven (twelve if you count Alliance Pandaren different from Horde Pandaren - I do not since they are the exact same) races and in Legion twelve classes. Races barely add anything new to the game gameplay-wise, just new visuals. I would rather see new classes before new races, and I am also against adding new classes.

Instead of adding a whole bunch of new things into the game (just talking about races and classes right now), how about Blizzard expands upon what is already available in the game. Add more customization options like new hairstyles, facial hair, jewelry, face options, skin colors/textures, etc.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree on more hairstyles etc.
    I am a fan of new races, but I can understand why people like to have more lore on other races we already have playable.

Vrykul are barbaric savages who've now thrown themselves in with THREE major baddies of an expansion; worshiping the Lich King as their death god, some joining the Twilight cult, and now their current god-king is buddy buddy with the Legion. No. It's about as silly as folks that think the old god worshiping Naga will ever be playable.

Besides, we already have enough growth potion napoleon complex RPers playing them in game as is.

Don't tease me OP.

If they introduced Vrykul, I would have to faction/race change all my mains to Horde. RIP wallet.

And then I'd have to be like, "OMG. Which do I play? My badass Vrykul Death Knight? My insane Vrykul Shaman? My frickin hilarious Vrykul Brewmaster? I CAN'T DECIDE!!"

My kids would forget me and my wife would leave me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    You could argue that due to the large focus on Arakkoa in WoD they'd be playable in the future as well, as they had a zone dedicated to themselves.

If Vrykul were playable I think they'd be Horde due to their savage nature.
    The difference is that WoD was about Draenor, so explaining the origins of the Arrakoa was a given. Blizzard was sort of obligated to involve them heavily.

Vykrul really very little to do with the ancient Night Elves or the Legion. Blizzard is actively choosing to expand their story either just because they feel they're interesting or they have larger plans for them in the future.