Since movie has orcs and humans helping each other will we group with other faction?

I have asked this to @Warcraftdevs a few times with no response.

Seems illogical I will go to the movie watch orcs and humans get along, then go home and be unable to group with these folks.

Thoughts?

You aren't Durotan or Lothar, you're the random soldier who gets sent to war by the not-so-peaceful leaders of each faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I agree, and to be honest, I hate my own faction more than the opposite faction. Alliance is so damn filthy, I would love to kill you WITH my human.

Honestly, I personally believe battlegrounds at LEAST RANDO bg's should be mixed. I mean why not? It's not like racials matter that much IMO, it's about the team/people more than anything in a random BG. If rando bg's work out in a rollout test, push for all pvp being open to grouping able to attack anyone in certain situations. I would love to team up with other fun people no matter what faction. I also hate not being able to communicate with the other faction.. that's so 2004

10+ Year Old Account
    The factions have already worked together plenty of times in-game, going back all the way to Vanilla. Yet the faction restrictions are still there. I don't think they'll be going away, especially with how important Blizzard still thinks the faction war is. Temporary truces are just that, temporary.

A while ago a blue said "We are supposed to hate the other faction". Silly, given that we permanently face "THE GREATEST THREAT" Azeroth has ever seen.

Yet ALL addons since vanilla (even since Warcraft 3) have ended with us grouping up.
    But thanks to Blizz (and many players) the WAR in Warcraft supposedly only means Blue vs Red, dont worry about the other guys.

I think its dumb. Working together makes much more sense, yet we cant have logic ruin the war against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    The factions have already worked together plenty of times in-game, going back all the way to Vanilla. Yet the faction restrictions are still there. I don't think they'll be going away, especially with how important Blizzard still thinks the faction war is. Temporary truces are just that, temporary.
    Temporary is quite funny since its as frequent as winters veil.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-20 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I have asked this to @Warcraftdevs a few times with no response.

Seems illogical I will go to the movie watch orcs and humans get along, then go home and be unable to group with these folks.

Thoughts?
    The movie is going to explain the origin story of orcs vs humans. It ultimately leads up to where we are in game now. Don't get it confused. It's not a current timeline movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You aren't Durotan or Lothar, you're the random soldier who gets sent to war by the not-so-peaceful leaders of each faction.
    Unless you're not level three garrison m8, you're a GENERAL NOW BRO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7-zF9VSRc8

Also: it's the great things like blizzard adding player housing like this to really get the community to like blizzard right?

OT: idc if you're that scrub or the leader of a faction, you matter.. GENERAL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Temporary is quite funny since its as frequent as winters veil.
    Probably should've put temporary in quotes, heh. The only reason it's temporary is because Blizzard keeps forcing the faction conflict, even when it makes zero sense (i.e. ICC).

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Unless you're not level three garrison m8, you're a GENERAL NOW BRO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7-zF9VSRc8

Also: it's the great things like blizzard adding player housing like this to really get the community to like blizzard right?

OT: idc if you're that scrub or the leader of a faction, you matter.. GENERAL
    Grouping up with the other faction is gameplay, and gameplay-wise we can only ignore the other faction or fight against it, as the soldiers we are.

As for the lore, it's very inconsistent, sometimes we matter, such as the example you give, or when we fight next to Khadgar and Thrall. There, faction doesn't matter, because your character is a hero, a rather anonymous and irrelevant one. Other times we're just an errand boy who collects poop for a few pieces of gold.

The first thing we do in Legion is a scenario where we fight together as heroes. Once that scenario is over, you're back to collecting poop and killing players from the enemy faction.

Deleted
    What if i want to continue to kill as much gnomes and tauren possible?

(Based on the faction i actually play)

10+ Year Old Account
    The original version of Warcraft was as black and white as you could get. Humans are good, orcs are baddies but with the recent addition to lore regarding that period, the white and black have taken on new colors and it's not evil vs good anymore.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

As for the lore, it's very inconsistent, sometimes we matter, such as the example you give, or when we fight next to Khadgar and Thrall. There, faction doesn't matter, because your character is a hero, a rather anonymous and irrelevant one. Other times we're just an errand boy who collects poop for a few pieces of gold.

The first thing we do in Legion is a scenario where we fight together as heroes. Once that scenario is over, you're back to collecting poop and killing players from the enemy faction.[/QUOTE]

So true lol, im sure we will also collect poop as level 110 badasses in legion, but hey there is no respec cost now!!

The gameplay should evolve lols be fun when the movie goers show up and realize they can't fight along side the races of the main characters in the movie and so forth.