Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The one who was supposed to be pissed was Malfurion not Illidan. Illidan betrayed the resistance force and led Varo'Then to capture Malfurion after Malf stole Dragon Soul from Deathwing.
    That surely deserve 10,000 years of solitary imprisonment in a room less than 9 steps in any direction, with magics used specifically to keep him from suiciding. And Illidan didn't led Varo'Then to capture Malfurion, he led Varo'Then to come and steal the disk from Deathwing - Malfurion just happened to do it first, so they took it over from it. In the end, all Illidan's actions turned out well - and with good intents - for the war, after all. It was Illidan who first thought of the idea of using the DS to banish all demons from Azeroth and Malfurion just capitalized on it.
    (In comparison, instead of doing anything in form of taking revenge, Illidan either walked away from Malfurion, eager to prove that demons had no hold over him, or told Malfurion that he didn't care about their bad blood anymore and left for Outland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well he willingly allied with the Legion to get more power and replicated a well that nearly destroyed the whole world.
    He allied with the Legion to try to overcome them from within, as per both WoTA triology and "Illidan" book. It's true that there were selfish goals in that action, but there were good intentions, too. We can't just look at the selfish part and ignore the others. In the end, his actions turned out beneficial for the world.

Same for replicating the WoE. The Well didn't "nearly destroyed the world" by itself, Malfurion's spell did (although, it'd probably be the same if Illidan did it). He figured out that Arcane was a needed power to fight with the Legion who'd definitely one day return. The NE didn't agree back then, but as of WC3 and recent events, it turned out he was right.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-20 at 05:49 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    the Chronicles are far better than Knaakshit.totally forgot about that.
    They are the same story. The chronicle just has no time travellers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's pretty much the same scene from the Illidan novel. Good to see Blizz actually incorporating book lore into the in-game experience.
    Remember the Theramore Bombing? It was the MoP pre-event (also the game's first scenario) but the incident and its immediate aftermath were covered in detail in Tides of Darkness. I haven't read any of the novels since The Shattering but I did the research on the novels released since then.

That said, Blizz has been getting alot better at incorporating Lore introduced or expanded upon in the novels with the game. Writing Illidan into Legion...whew. Good luck to whoever's in charge of that XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

They are the same story. The chronicle just has no time travellers.
    I don't think its 100% but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That surely deserve 10,000 years of solitary imprisonment in a room less than 9 steps in any direction, with magics used specifically to keep him from suiciding. And Illidan didn't led Varo'Then to capture Malfurion, he led Varo'Then to come and steal the disk from Deathwing - Malfurion just happened to do it first, so they took it over from it. In the end, all Illidan's actions turned out well - and with good intents - for the war, after all. It was Illidan who first thought of the idea of using the DS to banish all demons from Azeroth and Malfurion just capitalized on it.
    What? Did you read WotA? Illidan wanted to use DS to power their spells to destroy the legion. It was Malfurion who realized they were doing it wrong and instead feed into the dragon soul itself. Illidan was not the only one who wanted to use the disc. Everyone and their mother knew the disc was powerful. I think this is pure favoritism here. Let's present lore facts.

Illidan was also not imprisoned because of that. He was sentenced to death because he killed many people trying to stop him. Malfurion spoke on his behalf.

10+ Year Old Account
    A spectral orc is asking a naaru for Illidan? I'm officially confused.

and now think about it - some still want classic servers instead of this...

He allied with the Legion to try to overcome them from within, as per both WoTA triology and "Illidan" book. It's true that there were selfish goals in that action, but there were good intentions, too. We can't just look at the selfish part and ignore the others. In the end, his actions turned out beneficial for the world.

Same for replicating the WoE. The Well didn't "nearly destroyed the world" by itself, Malfurion's spell did (although, it'd probably be the same if Illidan did it). He figured out that Arcane was a needed power to fight with the Legion who'd definitely one day return. The NE didn't agree back then, but as of WC3 and recent events, it turned out he was right.
    This is simply not true for joining the legion. His betrayal did basically nothing beneficial. He took DS from Malfurion which Malfurion later used it to send the demons all back through the portal and closed the portal anyway. It would be better off if Illidan didn't take it away in the first place. It would save everyone a lot of trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks "the chosen one" is a weak plot device, and that a hero's success or failure is far more interesting if it is driven by choice instead of the concept of "destiny"?
    I think it's determined by if they have the high ground or not. =P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    This whole thing has been fucked up from the begining. Illidan is powered by OU's Gul'dan's Skull but is ressurected by AU Gul'Dan! For fuck's sake just STOP, STOP the shit already. They only times they ever did lore right was half of LK and all of MoP (and that was because it was something made from scratch!).

All it is now is just another layer of paint over an already defined turd.
    Actually I think taking a predestined, chosen-one, Hero's journey story & throwing in a paradox (Gul'dan) to totally screw it up is a pretty brilliant premise. Yeah he's the destined savior but destiny didn't account for this AU dude. Everything's up in the air now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    A spectral orc is asking a naaru for Illidan? I'm officially confused.
    That's the player. All players will see this cutscene, as this is a telepathic message from the Light's Heart (a piece of the Naaru that's talking here.) at the end of their Order Hall Campaign.

World of Warcraft 8: Get your ass to Argus

This is simply not true for joining the legion. His betrayal did basically nothing beneficial. He took DS from Malfurion which Malfurion later used it to send the demons all back through the portal and closed the portal anyway. It would be better off if Illidan didn't take it away in the first place. It would save everyone a lot of trouble.
    so basically Illidan and Malfurion are responsible for the Sundering???been a long time since I read "cough,cough" WotA trilogy.

What? Did you read WotA? Illidan wanted to use DS to power their spells to destroy the legion. It was Malfurion who realized they were doing it wrong and instead feed into the dragon soul itself. Illidan was not the only one who wanted to use the disc. Everyone and their mother knew the disc was powerful. I think this is pure favoritism here. Let's present lore facts.

Illidan was also not imprisoned because of that. He was sentenced to death because he killed many people trying to stop him. Malfurion spoke on his behalf.
    It's true that Malfurion figured out how to do it after he and Illidan kept failing to use the disc, however, the original idea of using it against the Legion was Illidan's. As Illidan put it - "Because I intend to turn Sargeras’s portal into a full-fledged maelstrom, one that will suck the demons back out of Kalimdor and into their nether world! I’ll utterly reverse the effect of the dragon’s disk". I didn't say Illidan presented the spell, I said that it was Illidan who first thought of it. Malfurion capitalized on the idea and figured out how to do it, but without Illidan, there was no indication that he might have thought thought of using the disc that way.

And again, surely, everything Illidan did in WoTA altogether was heavy enough to deserve 10,000 years of solitary confinement - which is arguably worse than death. Or not.

so basically Illidan and Malfurion are responsible for the Sundering???
    Yes, they were.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-20 at 06:06 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Has anybody been able to actually confirm this beyond screenshots that can be easily faked? The in-game portion of this, I mean.

And again, surely, everything Illidan did in WoTA altogether was heavy enough to deserve 10,000 years of solitary confinement - which is arguably worse than death. Or not.
    It's not worse in from his brother perspective. He didn't want his brother dead because he cared about him and the decision was the right one because Illidan was freed later.

The Naaru are somewhat omniscient; not completely omniscient. So there's no reason to think Illidan was supposed to be a messiah all along. For all we know, the Naaru didn't decide Illidan should lead the Army of Light until Burning Crusade, as shown in the Illidan Book.

so basically Illidan and Malfurion are responsible for the Sundering???been a long time since I read "cough,cough" WotA trilogy.
    Malfurion was always responsible for the Sundering in some way if you wanna look at that way no matter what version of WotA. In the WC3 version, he dueled Azshara and their magic caused portal to explode. The same goes for WoW version.

who cares about WotA anyway???every time someone mentions that I remember that horrible book.

I also find it funny that people are going batshit now.this info is not new.we knew that already more than a month ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Malfurion was always responsible for the Sundering in some way if you wanna look at that way no matter what version of WotA. In the WC3 version, he dueled Azshara and their magic caused portal to explode. The same goes for WoW version.
    I like WC3 version more tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least he wasn't searching an orc

I like WC3 version more tbh.
    But in WC3 version, Illidan didn't have much screen time except being a dick and filling his vials while everyone was fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really funny to see Anduin and Sylvanas teamsters QQ over Illidan being the champion of light

One is a naive little brat who lives in rainbow unicorn land and the other is an undead evil cunt who is worse than the lich king.