Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

What the fuck is this?

I just noticed how the druid, hunter, paladin, priest and warrior Order-Hall armor sets are literally recolors of those rewarded from Pandaria's challenge mode. http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/tier-19-armor

There isn't any excuse for using armor sets from previous expansions in a new one. I was okay with recoloring the wolf mount from WoD but armor sets of all things? And from MoP? They even had the guts to just go ahead and make Genn's worgen model a fucking recolor of the standard one with a few tidbits here and there? Is anyone even aware that the models have an enormous issue with new shoulder sets in Legion?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

All the Order Hall sets are recolors of the challenge mode set, with some slight modifications. I'm fine with this, personally, as I never got to do the challenge mode, so it'll be nice to have a version of that armor.

Deleted
    We found out about this ages ago right? Still bullshit in my eyes. People do like it tho..

It's not like it's a tier set or something. chill

7+ Year Old Account
    druid, hunter, paladin, priest and warrior
    1) welcome to a few weeks ago.
    2) all of them are recolored and a bit changed (like changed shoulders, changed helms and removed glows) sets.
    not only those 5.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not "literally recolors" since they have different helm and shoulder models. Most of them look a lot worse than the originals, too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's because it's a recolour. The OP couldn't be anymore clear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    I just noticed how the druid, hunter, paladin, priest and warrior Order-Hall armor sets are literally recolors of those rewarded from Pandaria's challenge mode. http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/tier-19-armor

There isn't any excuse for using armor sets from previous expansions in a new one. I was okay with recoloring the wolf mount from WoD but armor sets of all things? And from MoP? They even had the guts to just go ahead and make Genn's worgen model a fucking recolor of the standard one with a few tidbits here and there? Is anyone even aware that the models have an enormous issue with new shoulder sets in Legion?
    the only full recolors are the warlock and preist ,all the rest are missing large portions, also none of them do "on spell procs" like the pandaria ones did... so f off
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    We have dungeon sets, (lame) vrykul sets, questing sets and the tier sets for raiders. And then for the "brand new" order halls they just copy-pasted pandaria sets and changed their shoulders and removed details from the helmets? I would've been perfectly fine with if they didn't award any armor at all instead of making themselves look like lazy fucks. It's better to point this out rather than encouraging them to go full on WoD 2.0 with Legion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with recolors. TBC had recolors of vanilla tier gear like Judgement and it was awesome.

We have dungeon sets, (lame) vrykul sets, questing sets and the tier sets for raiders. And then for the "brand new" order halls they just copy-pasted pandaria sets and changed their shoulders and removed details from the helmets? I would've been perfectly fine with if they didn't award any armor at all instead of making themselves look like lazy fucks. It's better to point this out rather than encouraging them to go full on WoD 2.0 with Legion.
    There's absolutely nothing to point out. The sets are different, the color is different, things are missing. The order hall set is literally a watered down version of it. This is coming from someone who earned the set(s) by working for them instead of buying them. The only set that is practically a replica of the CM set is the priest one.

As I said before: 2 people get hotdogs, one gets a hotdog in a bun and the other just gets a hotdog. Which is better?

Paladin CM set: Blue with a mix of gold/silver, shoulders have wings, set has the shiny animations.
    Paladin order hall set: Gold with a mix of red, shoulders don't have the wings, set doesn't have the shiny animations.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-20 at 05:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    Nothing wrong with recolors. TBC had recolors of vanilla tier gear like Judgement and it was awesome.
    they are lazy fucks! look! they even did it in tbc!
    tbc = wod confirmed.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    How is doing extra work lazy?

TBC called when dungeon items were recolours of vanilla t1 t2 and "t0.5" or how you called the set from epic dungeon questline. Some karazhan items were as well. Purple paladin set and blue rogue set are still common used mogs from among those.

Jade forest quests rewarding recolours or even same colours of models from t9 (TOGC).

Deleted
    Im happy about this, i never got chance to get challenge mode sets in mop

Don't really see the issue. Sometimes I get tired of the green druid CM set. Now I can get a slightly different red version.

You are really complaining about them putting some pretty cool looking gear into the game instead of nothing?

Get a grip dude, more cool looking gear is a good thing. Recolors of cool sets are a good thing.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the focus on class identity I think it's fair they use sets that are class intensive like the MoP challenge mode ones were, especially since the actually sets were a lot more detailed. Kinda bummed there isn't a mage one though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    they are lazy fucks! look! they even did it in tbc!
    tbc = wod confirmed.
    So Blizzard had as many available resources during TBC as they do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    How is doing extra work lazy?
    How is making old armors look new by adding a few flashy bits on them extra work?

Welcome to a month ago.

Excuse? They are class order hall sets, not tier sets. They don't need any excuse to throw additional sets into the game, being whatever recolor they want.

And one "excuse" that's pretty valid is that some people who weren't around in MoP who still liked the sets can get them now. Like me. And no, I don't care that they've less excessive shoulders, lack the effects and are off-color, I still think the druid set and mage set are some of the most awesome ones in the game, only beaten by, in fact, their CM counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little late, it's been there for awhile and I don't have a big problem with it. They aren't tier sets.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi