Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    sometimes I wish that WotA trilogy is not canon.the only good thing was Illidan's apparent betrayal.
    I thought Knaak was bad. The current story of Illidan is worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The prophecy plots are bad. WotA stories was selling the point that being prophesied to be great doesn't make you great and it implied that the eye prophecy was bullshit.

By making him a literal child of prophecy, Blizzard just ruined his character. To progress his character is to show that he realizes his over-eagerness to prove himself for the sake of it was wrong but also show that he still stands by his ways of doing things to save the world. There's no need for some random windchime to proclaim Illidan the child of prophecy. If he is gonna be redeemed it will be through his actions,understanding of himself and circumstances not becaus of "he is destined to be the chosen one all along" plot.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he earned all of it. None of them was a sign of prophecy. They were all signs of achievements.
    Yeah but Blizzard know only one sort of redemption story: Become the Chosen One and do something incredible and get worshiped for that!

Illidan as leader of the attack on Argus and him securing the kill on Kil'Jaedn would be just fine as redemption. But nope, he needs a metzening!

William King is Knaak 2.0 although that part about Naaru crap is definitely Blizzard's doing because that is too big for lousy writers to come up with it alone.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-05-20 at 05:12 PM.

Was pretty obviously mentioned in the novel Illidan that he holds the key to defeating the Burning Legion.

Indeed.

I feel dirty half the time after reading spoilers now. I am *not* joking. It feels disgusting to read their nonsense ruining what remains of the stories I once felt so close to.

If they keep progressing that way, I will have to stop reading spoilers completely to avoid downright vomiting.

These clowns responsible for the lore should be ashamed of themselves.

7+ Year Old Account
    idk... the story for wow has allways been sorta sterotypical... cause well there is so much built into it, and its 20 years old, they have changed it for the better ,but this most recent change to illidan is weird...

thing is in BC they butchered illidan, made him a bad guy for no reason, just to sell copies, and he never was a bad guy... so he deserved a redemption story...

but this is abit too far... allthough again... we dont know how this will fully turn out yet... cause not everything is in...

i would love to see a raid against kil'jaden, with us as the raiders, illidan the raid leader, massive golden wings and horns, a bunch of "holy" demons following us, like how we see with the holy dreadlord, i would love to see this

overall i would call wow's story a 7.5/10, as its good, but its not amazing, its got its interesting moments and its "groan" moments...
    but illidans new story is much better then his BC butchered story....
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    idk... the story for wow has allways been sorta sterotypical... cause well there is so much built into it, and its 20 years old, they have changed it for the better ,but this most recent change to illidan is weird...

thing is in BC they butchered illidan, made him a bad guy for no reason, just to sell copies, and he never was a bad guy... so he deserved a redemption story...

but this is abit too far... allthough again... we dont know how this will fully turn out yet... cause not everything is in...

i would love to see a raid against kil'jaden, with us as the raiders, illidan the raid leader, massive golden wings and horns, a bunch of "holy" demons following us, like how we see with the holy dreadlord, i would love to see this

overall i would call wow's story a 7.5/10, as its good, but its not amazing, its got its interesting moments and its "groan" moments...
    but illidans new story is much better then his BC butchered story....
    Yes BC was a mess, but it's far far more in line with his character.
    Akama betraing him, Kael'Thas betraing him and the players thinking of him as an evil that needs to be put down (Night elfs).

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    So is it safe now to say that Diablo, StarCraft and WarCraft are carbon copy of eachother?

Warcraft: Battle between light and dark, the light (pantheon) falls, the darkness (burning legion) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (Illidan).
    Diablo: Battle between light and dark, the light (angels) falls, the darkness (demons) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (The Nephilem).
    StarCraft: Battle between light and dark, the light (xel'naga) falls, the darkness (Amon) is about to defeat everyone, but there's a savior (Kerrigan).

So original Blizzard....
    What if Kerrigan is Elune and created the Narru to combat the Void Lords (Amons masters referred to in SC as nothing more than the "Voice in the Darkness" which is confirmed to not be the same entity as Amon"). The Old Gods are all really just fallen Xel'naga (Those who played SC know that Xel'naga look like less pissed off old gods; tentacles and all).

Then, because why the hell not; while we're on Argus fighting the legion; Sargares launches another attack on Azeroth behind our back, but he is too late; the titan sleeping within Azeroth has finally awoken and it's Kerrigan herself! Kerrigan quickly uses her now trademarked holy Kamehameha wave beam attack and kills Sargeras in one shot, consuming his soul (essence) instantly. After seeing her Velen realizes that Kil'jaeden had poisoned and twisted their memories when they left Argus; which was really Auir; and they are just the next evolutionary step of the protoss; who have developed mouths now.

I could probably keep that going....but I've already taken several minutes of your lives that you'll never get back and I'd feel greedy taking more.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Not to make this a theological discussion, but wouldn't that technically be reversed?

Thrall was left in a basket and fought to end the slavery of his people
    Illidan was born with a special purpose and died doing what he believed was right.
    the burning bush Xe'ra spoke to moses Illidan and told him to lead an army against the Pharaoh the Burning Legion.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Indeed.

I feel dirty half the time after reading spoilers now. I am *not* joking. It feels disgusting to read their nonsense ruining what remains of the stories I once felt so close to.

If they keep progressing that way, I will have to stop reading spoilers completely to avoid downright vomiting.

These clowns responsible for the lore should be ashamed of themselves.
    wow, someone is really overacting here... Its just a story and the story is written by Blizzard, it is like a book - Don't like the story? Don't read it. It is impossible to cater to every audience, thus not sure why everyone here feels like the sky is falling down... I mean, its not the first time....

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, he earned all of it. None of them was a sign of prophecy. They were all signs of achievements.
    He did earn it, I never said anything that suggested he did not earn his place. On an entirely separate note though I was correcting the poster that stated that Malfurion did not have any kind of destiny- which is simply not true. He is the chosen of cenarius and in night elven society, being born with antlers is a sign or symbol of being destined to do great things. It doesn't automatically mean you are only capable of doing those things BECAUSE of the prophecy, but it doesn't magically make them no longer exist either no matter how badly anyone wants it to.

afaik; Bearmantle is the only other night elf to have been born under the same symbol or "prophecy" since that seems to be the buzzword here right now, and as proof of concept- he went and messed that right up every chance he got before finally pulling his shit together.

The point here is that you're right in your reference to the WotA making a point to say that actions/deeds define greatness more than some preordained destiny or prophecy can- but arguing that Malfurion Stormrage had "ZERO" connection to any sort of symbol, prophecy, and/or destiny is every bit as dumb as suggesting Illidan could never be or have been great without his eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought Thrall was a bad case of mary sue but this, this is just unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    This is Med'an all over again, except it's worse because they're ruining an existing character.
    ^^^^^This.

I don't hate Illidan, or a redemption story for him. This is utterly ridiculous, if it's truly in game or what Blizzard is doing. In what way exactly is Illidan a child of the light? Child of shadow, sure I can buy that. This is so forced and it is beyond me why they would go this route.

Instead of one character that is suppose to save the universe, how about an army... of light?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    He did earn it, I never said anything that suggested he did not earn his place. On an entirely separate note though I was correcting the poster that stated that Malfurion did not have any kind of destiny- which is simply not true. He is the chosen of cenarius and in night elven society, being born with antlers is a sign or symbol of being destined to do great things. It doesn't automatically mean you are only capable of doing those things BECAUSE of the prophecy, but it doesn't magically make them no longer exist either no matter how badly anyone wants it to.

afaik; Bearmantle is the only other night elf to have been born under the same symbol or "prophecy" since that seems to be the buzzword here right now, and as proof of concept- he went and messed that right up every chance he got before finally pulling his shit together.

The point here is that you're right in your reference to the WotA making a point to say that actions/deeds define greatness more than some preordained destiny or prophecy can- but arguing that Malfurion Stormrage had "ZERO" connection to any sort of symbol, prophecy, and/or destiny is every bit as dumb as suggesting Illidan could never be or have been great without his eyes.
    Malfurion had zero connection to that sort of symbols. Malfurion earned that antlers through his training. They were not by birth. Broll was born with it.You mixed them up.

Cenarius also was willing to teach all three of them. Tyrande was not interested. Illidan couldn't wrap his head around the art. Malfurion did well, so Cenarius went with him. it was not destiny.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-20 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    I love how they try their hardest to make a redemption story for Illidan and fail so hard.

Having Illidan leading the attack on argus, fine. Having him be the "Champion of Light"? WHY?! He is a fucking badass demon hunter, why must you make him a "holy" fucktard?
    ^^^^^This, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't be bothered to read all that, so sorry if this has already been said, but I have always known Illidan would be our savior...The misunderstood genius, imprisoned because everyone thought him mad. Those possessed of extreme intelligence often appear crazy to those of normal intelligence. You were never prepared...

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Can't be bothered to read all that, so sorry if this has already been said, but I have always known Illidan would be our savior...The misunderstood genius, imprisoned because everyone thought him mad. Those possessed of extreme intelligence often appear crazy to those of normal intelligence. You were never prepared...
    But I don't think everyone understands: This is extremely bad. The Naaru brought him up to be this ultimate warrior, but they didn't account on Sargeras using Illidan's body as his new Avatar. We're all fucked: The ultimate warrior is trying to kill us all, killed our leaders, and can't lead the Army of the Light because we're going to have to kill him to send Sargeras back to Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    had to fix that
    Fair enough.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But I don't think everyone understands: This is extremely bad. The Naaru brought him up to be this ultimate warrior, but they didn't account on Sargeras using Illidan's body as his new Avatar. We're all fucked: The ultimate warrior is trying to kill us all, killed our leaders, and can't lead the Army of the Light because we're going to have to kill him to send Sargeras back to Argus.
    While I admit that theory is sound, you fail to see that not every ending is horrible. It's a video game. We are meant to triumph. Illidan will find a way to overcome any corruption that comes his way. Sargeras will be defeated in the end, or, (now bear with me here) we will see that Sargeras is only doing this to save the entirety of existence.(BTW, that was already outlined in the Warcraft:Chronicles book.)

I feel there is A LOT more story to tell... Those of you that trash on the lore of Warcraft... read a book, or ten. You will find that most everything we're playing has a backstory. A lot of you are post-first(and second) war noobs. I'm willing to bet at least 70% of the posters on this forum never played the original Warcraft:Orcs vs. Humans...let alone the expansion or the sequel and ITS expansion. You young folk... LOL relying solely on the lore of WCIII and the Frozen Throne xpac. Historical facts trump belief, any day. *drops mic*

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    While I admit that theory is sound, you fail to see that not every ending is horrible. It's a video game. We are meant to triumph. Illidan will find a way to overcome any corruption that comes his way. Sargeras will be defeated in the end, or, (now bear with me here) we will see that Sargeras is only doing this to save the entirety of existence.(BTW, that was already outlined in the Warcraft:Chronicles book.)

I feel there is A LOT more story to tell... Those of you that trash on the lore of Warcraft... read a book, or ten. You will find that most everything we're playing has a backstory. A lot of you are post-first(and second) war noobs. I'm willing to bet at least 70% of the posters on this forum never played the original Warcraft:Orcs vs. Humans...let alone the expansion or the sequel and ITS expansion. You young folk... LOL relying solely on the lore of WCIII and the Frozen Throne xpac. Historical facts trump belief, any day. *drops mic*
    Okay, but still more characters will die.

You just did a "lol, fiction" mic drop? Really? Pointing out that the game's story is fiction is not a mic drop moment. It's a *pointing out the obvious* moment.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2016-05-20 at 08:53 PM.