Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    you bolded the wrong part

your own personal Time Warp does not give you the sated debuff
    your own personal Time Warp also ignores your own sated debuff if you gained the debuff from another player
    Ok got it.
    Thanks for clarification. Seems like I'm a little bit exhausted...Friday

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    Ok got it.
    Thanks for clarification. Seems like I'm a little bit exhausted...Friday
    no problem

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Hehe. OK I think we're exaggerating a bit about this subject because of a basic factor. That effect is only from a legendary, and that legendary will probably not be that useful a lot of the time if others can replace it.
    hehe

Seems only half of the people here understand how the Bloodlust legendary works. Here's a detailed explanation.

BL = Bloodlust / Heroism / Time Warp / Ancient Hysteria, whatever. I don't think I need to explain this one
    Temporal Displacement = Sated = Exhausted : The 10 min debuff that usually prevents BL from affecting you.

Ok, now to the item.

When you cast TW, the Temporal Displacement debuffs goes on everyone except you
    When you cast TW and you have the debuff, you still get the effect from BL
    When someone else casts BL, you still get the debuff.
    When someone else casts BL and you have the debuff, BL does not affect you.

So imagine you have a Shaman and yourself in the raid.

Shaman casts BL on pull, you have Sated / Exhausted debuff.
    You can still cast Time Warp whenever you want during the fight, because your Time Warp is not affected by the debuff on yourself

Now, imagine you have yourself + another Mage in the raid.

You cast Time Warp on pull, everyone except yourself (but including the other Mage) gets the debuff
    Then, the second Mage can cast Time Warp whenever, and you will both get the effect, because you didn't have the debuff and his debuff is ignored because he casted Time Warp.

It's an extremely OP item, shame it does not reduces TW cooldown anymore (less useful for solo), but very good for raiding, since you can still do the "equip the item - cast BL - unequip" trick

7+ Year Old Account
    your own personal Time Warp does not give you the sated debuff
    your own personal Time Warp also ignores your own sated debuff if you gained the debuff from another player
    Blizz should have worded it like this, much easier to understand :P

So it's basically just having Time Warp with a 5 min debuff instead of 10 mins. So double, or triple depending on the fight, Time Warps per fight. Seems pretty good. Just hope no one who has died during the fight and is battle rezzed asks for a re-Time Warp later on cause we'll sure be saving it for ourselves when the cd is up lol. Looks like that responsibility will have to go to Shamans.

Once the Flaskasaur is reimplemented in the future we'll have to get someone to go and do a number crunch for what the best legendaries are in order from best to worst so we know what to grind for 1st.

Edit: I guess that'd mean if every Mage had the TW legendary, we can technically start every fight with 80 secs of TW, which is amazing. Would make bursting through difficult first phases pretty awesome, especially if there's a ton of Mages.
    Last edited by Rothex; 2016-05-20 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    imagine you have yourself + another Mage in the raid.

You cast Time Warp on pull, everyone except yourself (but including the other Mage) gets the debuff
    Then, the second Mage can cast Time Warp whenever, and you will both get the effect, because you didn't have the debuff and his debuff is ignored because he casted Time Warp.
    Have you tested what is going on if you are the only one that can bloodlust? It sounds like a very clunky mechanic if you are going to be nerfed compared to another group that happened to have someone else that can bloodlust (as if players can fully control their groups).
    you can still do the "equip the item - cast BL - unequip" trick
    Oh please no. I'd rather we didn't have clunky mechanics like that. I'm sending a suggestion as we speak.

7+ Year Old Account
    but very good for raiding, since you can still do the "equip the item - cast BL - unequip" trick
    Dunno why you'd want to do that, unless the ring you're replacing it with had better stats than the Legendary itself and the fight was short enough where you wouldn't benefit from a 2nd Time Warp.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Have you tested what is going on if you are the only one that can bloodlust?
    if you are the only one that can bloodlust then the legendary effectively just gives you a 5 min cooldown on bloodlust, rather then 10 mins
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-20 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    if you are the only one that can bloodlust then the legendary effectively just gives you a 5 min cooldown on bloodlust
    Not good enough, it keeps it unequal. I'm pretty sure Blizzard recognizes the problem here too. They generally don't want to penalize people just because their group didn't have someone else to help them, because individual players can't really fully control their setup, especially below high end top ranks raiding or very early challenge mode ranking.

It's an extremely OP item, shame it does not reduces TW cooldown anymore (less useful for solo), but very good for raiding, since you can still do the "equip the item - cast BL - unequip" trick
    Why? That sounds absolutely horrible to have in place for raiding. Blizzard's always pushed back against people swapping out gear bonuses before a pull because they don't want these things to happen. Not everything that results in a DPS increase is good for the game as a whole.

I feel like the legendary just got a lot more clunky. It's effectively useless on any fight where you don't BL on pulls (because if you use it, everyone gets affected). It was much cooler when it made TW only affect you.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Got to say I am torn here, I really loved the concept of using that in solo play, being able to hero every 2 minutes just speeds things up

On other hand being able to get an additional TW in raid, hell yes!

Would have been nice if they left the solo aspect in and only available when not grouped.

As someone who isn't in Beta the change that makes a hardcast pyro do 200% damage at 20% seems very MEH and will require a Weak Aura to alert you "hey you can hardcast a pyro".

Perhaps they will give it a custom aura such as Hot Streak already has, but I sort of doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Got to say I am torn here, I really loved the concept of using that in solo play, being able to hero every 2 minutes just speeds things up
    Yep, I also preferred the previous version, but it seems that Blizzard is against Mages can solo play... that is the only reason why they have had to change that legendary (as previously that legendary was only useful at solo playing..)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yep, I also preferred the previous version, but it seems that Blizzard is against Mages can solo play... that is the only reason why they have had to change that legendary (as previously that legendary was only useful at solo playing..)
    This game is a multiplayer game, with the majority of content focused on multiplayer and a lot of the remaining content also multiplayer-friendly.

Having one of the artifacts literally wihout any use as soon as you group up was just bullshit. It HAD to change.

That said, I do agree with gallaman on that they should just have made it so that the legendary works differently in groups and solo, keeping the old version for soloing and adding the new functionality for group play.

Yep, I also preferred the previous version, but it seems that Blizzard is against Mages can solo play...
    Do all of your posts really have to be this embarrassing?
    Is it not possible for Blizzard to make any change in the game, even one that is arguably a buff to our class, that you don't feel personally victimises you in some way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    This game is a multiplayer game, with the majority of content focused on multiplayer and a lot of the remaining content also multiplayer-friendly.

Having one of the artifacts literally wihout any use as soon as you group up was just bullshit. It HAD to change.

That said, I do agree with gallaman on that they should just have made it so that the legendary works differently in groups and solo, keeping the old version for soloing and adding the new functionality for group play.
    In short, the ideal solution would be re-adding to the current legendary effect the following phrase: In addition, while you are not in a party or raid your Time Warp has a 75% reduced cooldown.

That way the legendary would recover its old solo utility, while at the same time, the legendary could still be useful in raids...
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-05-21 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I decided to double check the new tier set we get in Legion. Two pieces have Versatility on them (the robe and pants no less). The other cloth users only get versatility on one item, usually the gloves. God damn it, Blizz...

The Fire and Arcane set bonuses seem decent at least.

Deleted
    In short, the ideal solution would be re-adding to the current legendary effect the following phrase: In addition, while you are not in a party or raid your Time Warp has a 75% reduced cooldown.

That way the legendary would recover its old solo utility, while at the same time, the legendary could still be useful in raids...
    Pretty much. It would be AMAZING for soloing old raids that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Pretty much. It would be AMAZING for soloing old raids that way.
    Regardless of whether the legendary had the old effect or the new effect, it really shouldn't have any sort of impact on soloing the vast majority of old raids. Unless the fight drags out longer than 2 mins, which most shouldn't cause either the boss would be dead or the Mage would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    Two pieces have Versatility on them (the robe and pants no less). The other cloth users only get versatility on one item, usually the gloves. God damn it, Blizz..
    That sounds like a grudge against the concept of versatility and it has nothing to do with balance in reality. If the classes are balanced, you may have only versatility and nothing else and still be OP (so to speak, not a real possibility). Let alone, the game design is not over yet.