Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Due the fact that I dont read any WoW's graphic novel, I dont have any idea who Med'an is, and why people are so piss off about him... but now I'm curious about that. Why you hate Med'ad so much?
    He's the son of Garona/Medivh and is a Shaman/Mage/Paladin. This makes him ridiculously strong, too strong. If he was added to cannon, he could stop pretty much any threat. People don't like him because that much power makes a character boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    He's the son of Garona/Medivh and is a Shaman/Mage/Paladin. This makes him ridiculously strong, too strong. If he was added to cannon, he could stop pretty much any threat. People don't like him because that much power makes a character boring.
    People don't like him because he's a cheesy hackneyed generic 'chosen one' character. He's every bad geek fantasy rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    He's also the Guardian of Tirisfal, used Atiesh, and killed C'thun.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Due the fact that I dont read any WoW's graphic novel, I dont have any idea who Med'an is, and why people are so piss off about him... but now I'm curious about that. Why you hate Med'ad so much?
    Create a character.
    Make this character a sort of "chosen one" (up to this part I'm ok; I find the 'chosen one' approach cliché and a bit silly, but lots of stories are based around this concept.)
    Then make the character ridiculously overpowered.
    No, seriously; I mean RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. He can tackle anything you thow at him. We're talking Goku level here, but without the tongue-in-cheekiness and cheesiness.

Just so we're on the same page: on the comics Med'an mastered the arcane arts, the use of Light, shamanism, and I don't quite remember right now but a couple of other magic schools. But see, he doesn't just was able to cast spells from different schools: for each magic school he learned he become like the supreme master of that school. Some people found Thrall characterization in Cataclysm to be too powerful and called him a Mary Sue; what to talk of Med'an then.

That's why I don't like the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

also why is Xe'ra calling Illidan boy ? Wouldnt that fit more of Anduin, he has used both Light and Shadow magics and is closer to being a child than Illidan
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    also why is Xe'ra calling Illidan boy ? Wouldnt that fit more of Anduin, he has used both Light and Shadow magics and is closer to being a child than Illidan
    Blizzard swapped Anduin out for Illidan in the last moment. :P Same role, different characters.

Well I guess if you're a creature that may have been alive for hundreds of thousands of years anyones a child.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you are around since the beginning of the universe, everyone is basically a child compared to you.

Formerly known as Arafal

Can't test any class I want to test / experience the artifact quest cause everything around Kharazan is phased out and has been since servers came up.

FeelsBadMan

Besides everyone living is a child compared to an original Naaru, I do believe Anduin & Sylvanas were chosen faction leaders because Illidan will ultimately fall, and Anduin & Sylvanas will be the real Champions of Light & Shadow who lead their people to destroying Argus and "ending the Age of Demons".

Based on the new information, Elune can't be the Titan Azeroth. The timing doesn't even come close to working out. She created the Naaru during the ordering of Light and Shadow- the creation of the universe. It would be many, many millennia before Azeroth is even formed/born, and that's still a huge understatement. She can't create the Naaru before she even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Based on the new information, Elune can't be the Titan Azeroth. The timing doesn't even come close to working out. She created the Naaru during the ordering of Light and Shadow- the creation of the universe. It would be many, many millennia before Azeroth is even formed/born, and that's still a huge understatement. She can't create the Naaru before she even exists.
    Or can she....?!?!? dun dun duuuun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

No one thought this. This wasn't a theory.

The most prevalent theory now is that Elune is the same kind of entity as the Titans, but does not get the nominative "Titan" because unlike the others, she did not participate in cultivating Azeroth. And that's when they say all the "Titans" are dead, Elune is still alive.**Either that or Elune is something greater.

or she existed before anyone.I know its far fetched but it wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    or she existed before anyone.I know its far fetched but it wouldn't be bad.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being functionally identical to Anu.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Anu

Think about this:

We have Void Lords, the purest manifestation of Darkness, who cannot physically manifest in this world, but their influence can be felt through their magics.
    They crafted creations known as the Old Gods to be the hands they didn't have, and set them loose on the universe to corrupt its inhabitants.

Elune is a being associated with the Light, she's never physically manifested in this world, but her influence has been felt through her magic.
    Now there's lore implying that she crafted creations known as the Naaru, and set them loose on the universe to uplift its inhabitants.

Anyone drawing the same links I am here? :P
    If there are beings that are the ultimate lords of darkness... where are the ultimate lords of light? Have we perhaps already met one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Try checking the lore forum every once in a while. It very much was a hypothesis some people have entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being functionally identical to Anu.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Anu
    it could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I've seen it come up pretty often (including in the last few pages), so there certainly are some people who believe it. Iirc the reasoning was her connection to the Night Elves who drew power from the World Soul's blood (the Well of Eternity). I didn't really agree with it myself, but this is the first concrete proof that it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    So a new story quest was implemented on the Beta that REALLY hints Argus is the next expac
    More like the final patch.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."