Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We don't know what the third stage will be yet do we for this latest approach to bans?

First bans were 6 months in May 2015 (we lost 2 guild members to this)
    Second bans were 6 months if first time, 18 months if second time in November 2015 (the same 2 who came back promising they had stopped botting got banned again for 18 months this time)

None of those who were hit with 2nd offence bans could be caught up this time so its just those caught for a first or second time again.

Presumably we're going to be waiting until May/June 2017 to see what stage 3 is.

Although mentioning the two guys in my guild who got banned, we just edited their notes to highlight their expected return date from the "break" they decided to take both on the same night at the exact same time when they both also came back at the same time.

Should just be permanent from the start. They are doing with Overwatch why should it be any different for their other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    I would be willing to bet all you whiners have a big wet spot in your panties right now. Thing is Blizz likes money so botting will never go away, they make too much money from it.
    this is true. after getting permabanned i made 3 accounts and now i multibox with them

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I LOOOOOOVE THE OVERWATCH VERDICT!

You botted!? Hey, guys what.. The game you purchased... IS NOW INVALID YOU F****R!

But please, you're welcome to purchase another game. *snickers*
    Well its a nice sentiment but then those cheaters would have to be caught first.

From my perspective in years upon years worth of WC3, D2, and WoW playing, Blizzards ability to discover cheating is extremely limited and their response to it is even worse.

The programming talent that these cheat/hack/bot makers have and the innovative approaches they take to hide their work from detection is astonishing and improves every year.

So Blizz can talk all day about banning OW hackers for life but like I said they have to be caught first.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    so last year i got my license terminated for fishing bot use(YES I AM GUILTY) , i made around 100k gold for 1 month with it .

but these guys , that bot 24/7 for half a year , camp AH all day long and undercut me the moment i post my materials , get only 6 months ban ? what the hell is this

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I realise you're in denial about this, which is why people like me take the time to re-iterate it: These bots hurt other players' gaming experience.

That is more than enough reason for Blizzard to take action against them.
    What you don't realize is that Blizz couldn't give a rat's ass about the players. It's plenty of reason to take action but that's not why they do, IF they do at all. This isn't Blizz North and those days are long gone. It's only about profit now and anything that increases that for Blizz is how they operate. Period.

Acti is a $4+ billion corporation and it's a cost-benefit analysis for them. It doesn't matter if they're selling vid games, sneakers, or cars - their games are just another 'product' and whatever makes them the most profit at the least overhead cost is what they'll do. That's why they go after HB gold bots the most since they see that as taking revenue from them, not the kickbots in PvP, who they actually make money on from repeated cash Shop buying and free advertisement through streams and YT vids.

Grow up and get over your hero worship and naivete. The harsh reality is you're just another sheep to be fleeced like anyone else.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-05-20 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    The bot salt in this thread sustains me, and provides hope fishing and farming mats will once again be a worthy income occupation in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Well its a nice sentiment but then those cheaters would have to be caught first.

From my perspective in years upon years worth of WC3, D2, and WoW playing, Blizzards ability to discover cheating is extremely limited and their response to it is even worse.

The programming talent that these cheat/hack/bot makers have and the innovative approaches they take to hide their work from detection is astonishing and improves every year.

So Blizz can talk all day about banning OW hackers for life but like I said they have to be caught first.
    Apparently they are able to track the current cheaters that was found in Overwatch, they just haven't had a permanent set of rules for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenNorth View Post
    The bot salt in this thread sustains me, and provides hope fishing and farming mats will once again be a worthy income occupation in Legion.
    While gathering actually will be certainly better off than this expansion I hardly believe there will be a lack of bots in legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Well to be fair the same could be said about pretty much the whole industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperstomper View Post
    so last year i got my license terminated for fishing bot use(YES I AM GUILTY) , i made around 100k gold for 1 month with it .

but these guys , that bot 24/7 for half a year , camp AH all day long and undercut me the moment i post my materials , get only 6 months ban ? what the hell is this
    Addons can do all the ah things you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Not unattended they can't.

I have my doubts that it was to get to such a temperature, you do know what happens at the 3rd degree mark? 2nd degree is a common happening for boiling water.

Well, you're a little behind now, but it's EU I was talking about. Not all is US alone.
    i always forget the 3rd world countries outside the USA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Just dont bot in Overwatch. They PERMABAN on the first offense. Hard stop. Game over.
    LOL yeah if these guys bot there then they should stop playing games all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    i always forget the 3rd world countries outside the USA
    Not really a need for weak insults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    LOL yeah if these guys bot there then they should stop playing games all together.
    Again, the best feeling of the perma ban in Overwatch is that their game license shuts down too.. So they'll have to buy a new ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    so you are telling me that handful of people made millions and millions of gold with the so called addons , breaking the server economy, how is that is legit ? i`m pretty sure you cant be online 24/7 , i`m currently spying on the guy i want to be banned , and guess what. he is still playing , and he still undercut every time you post , making the AH play for anyone who doesnt use the bot/add/ he use unplayable. multiply this by 10-50 , because he is not alone.

Yes im salty,but i find it hard to believe that this sort of behavior is allowed

"bot not even on" pfff

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I assume that people who have been banned can still go out and make new accounts, it just means they have to start from scratch again and lose all the work they have put into characters on their main account.
    You don`t lose all the work. Achievements, mounts, pets, looms - pretty much everything that matters is account wide. Just open a new account on the same BNET, get a 100 boost and woopsidaisy.

Deleted
    Again, the best feeling of the perma ban in Overwatch is that their game license shuts down too.. So they'll have to buy a new ^^
    That is good to hear. Aimbots can ruin the game for normal players.

Seeing as how perma band just means they buy new account, I think that's the way to go. Hit 'em in the wallet, and subsidize the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    You don`t lose all the work. Achievements, mounts, pets, looms - pretty much everything that matters is account wide. Just open a new account on the same BNET, get a 100 boost and woopsidaisy.
    This part I don't get. Why isn't their BNET account what gets banned? Make them open a whole new one!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Nah, it was just marketing by Blizzard. Warcraft movie is about to come out, people will go to the specific theaters to get the free wow account and make new accounts and start botting again.