Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Human Spirit change

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Human Spirit
    Human Racial

You gain 2% more of all secondary stats (Haste, Critical Strike, Mastery, Versatility) from all sources.
    Isn't this kind of broken? Most of the other racials give 1% of a single stat but humans now get 2% of all secondary stats???

Shows 1% in game atm.

Last edited by Reman; 2016-05-20 at 12:32 PM.

No
    1% main stat > 2% secondary stat

It doesn't seem broken to me; it seems as insignificant as any other racial benefit. Let's assume you have 1294 Haste because you rely on Mark of the Warsong to get you that extra 1000 Haste. The Human Spirit would award you with... get this... 25 (rounding down) extra points of haste. Now you're at 1319 base, or 2319 with Mark of the Warsong active.

Like every racial in World of Warcraft this is insignificant when applied to real play styles versus theoretical min/maxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    It doesn't seem broken to me; it seems as insignificant as any other racial benefit. Let's assume you have 1294 Haste because you rely on Mark of the Warsong to get you that extra 1000 Haste. The Human Spirit would award you with... get this... 25 (rounding down) extra points of haste. Now you're at 1319 base, or 2319 with Mark of the Warsong active.

Like every racial in World of Warcraft this is insignificant when applied to real play styles versus theoretical min/maxing.
    "From all sources" - Wouldn't that mean you get 2% more from the Warsong proc, 2% more from buffs, 2% more from gear, etc?
    Last edited by Vorality; 2016-05-20 at 12:41 PM.

2% does seem a bit stronger than some, not horribly though. I don't get why of all races Humans needed a new one haha.

Deleted
    Compared to the 1% crit of NE and Worgen if a human has 50% crit he also gets 1% crit from his racial plus extra stats from versa / mastery / spirit / ba / haste. Seems pretty broken.

Quote Originally Posted by HVIIDLYS View Post
    Compared to the 1% crit of NE and Worgen if a human has 50% crit he also gets 1% crit from his racial plus extra stats from versa / mastery / spirit / ba / haste. Seems pretty broken.
    Should be 1%..

Yeah, it's from all sources, not a flat 1-2%. It's like the current secondary bonus you get at level 90.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

We discussed this in the other thread, and as Furitrix said, it's an additional 2% of the rating you have, not 2% more secondary stats.

That means, you don't go from 20% Crit to 22% crit. You go from 100 rating to 102 rating.

Yes on the face it's OP as shit even for those who understand it's rating. It's important to clarify that secondaries are nerfed in legion though, having currently about half the secondaries on gear respectively (and I wouldn't be surprised if this gets lower as we are looking at 60+% best secondary in first raid tier right now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'd rather have Every Man for Himself, but alas the PvP crowd just can't stand for humans having two cc breaks. So instead we get a passive that you never get to interact with.
    Last edited by gallamann; 2016-05-20 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    I'd rather have Every Man for Himself, but alas the PvP crowd just can't stand for humans having to cc breaks. So instead we get a passive that you never get to interact with.
    This isn't a replacement for Every Man for Himself, but for The Human Spirit, which previously boosted verstatility.
    There was never any point where there was a choice between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    "From all sources" - Wouldn't that mean you get 2% more from the Warsong proc, 2% more from buffs, 2% more from gear, etc?
    Let's assume that they apply the 2% toward grouped things. So your gear is at 1294 Haste, the +2% gives you 25 more haste to your gear. Mark of the Warsong gives you +1000 Haste, or 1020 with the buff. Even then we're talking about an increase of 45 haste. That's still fairly inconsequential. Heroism might be an area where 2% becomes meaningful; but only if they actually added 2% to the buff (making it a 32% buff). In all likelihood that 30% but gets increased by a multiple of 2%, which would be 2% of 30% or +0.006% So ooh... yay... total deal changer that.

This is the problem with theory crafting. The maths rarely lead to anything statistically significant. Players aren't computers and cannot execute rotations as required by min/max calculators, in part because we're people and in part because the mechanics of the game often require that we stop casting/attacking and run around somewhere to avoid damage.

2% extra of EVERY rating is pretty big when ratings are going to be in the 10k+ region in first tier raid gear. 875 loot has your preferred secondary stat at like 10k rating, or it did with ilvl scaling during raid testing. it's much stronger than the static 1% racials and panda food racial as the expansion goes on too, since it scales, and those stay a flat percentage. i wouldn't be surprised to see secondary stats end up in the 20k region by the last tier of raiding.
    Last edited by neck deep; 2016-05-20 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Heroism might be an area where 2% becomes meaningful; but only if they actually added 2% to the buff (making it a 32% buff). In all likelihood that 30% but gets increased by a multiple of 2%, which would be 2% of 30% or +0.006% So ooh... yay... total deal changer that.
    Bloodlust/Heroism isn't rating, it's just flat haste, so it won't be affected by this.

Deleted
    If your primary stat is <1,3 times better than the average secondary stat on your gear, the new version will be better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    No
    1% main stat > 2% secondary stat
    1% main stat < 2% ALL secondaries

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    1% main stat < 2% ALL secondaries
    a 2% bonus to your rating (not the flat % value) at ~710 ilvl barely breaks even in raw value with the flat 1% to a stat passives. The racial is worse until end game as it currently stands, not sure how it will change in legion. the 1% primary stat bonus was better in every situation.

I like it, as my main is Human. Between this and Diplomacy I don't ever see a need to race change my main.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.