Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    you got an alternative, the yeti mount. same skeleton, though infernal is "upgraded" as you put it.

stop complaining because of entitlement. you will get a shop alternative anyway if you qq enough. thread couldve been closed after reglitchs post anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I think there's a point here. This is the first time in the history of WoW that gladiator mounts were unique.

BC glad: Armored Nether drakes - Normal netherdrakes from rep
    Wrath glad:Frostwyrms - Other Frostwyrms from ICC achieves
    Cata glad: Armored twilight dragons - normal one from Sartharion
    MoP glad: Armored cloud serpents - tons of cloud serpents from many other ways
    WoD glad: Fel-gronn - Three other Gronn in other ways

The argument comes down to should Gladiator now have unique mounts? I'd say no but that's an opinion and ultimately it is up to Blizzard.
    Except we didn't know what th ICC mount was until we got that far into the expansions. Blizzard could easily do thit same thing with the infernal mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    The Crusader warhorse from ToGC, it was pretty much like a gladiator mount for pve, since it got removed when ICC came. So stfu about PvE dont have a rare mount.
    The plagued/black Proto-drake.
    Black Qiraji Battle Tank.
    Crusader warhorse= the argent warhorse
    Plagued/black protodrake= blue, green,red,purple,bronze,iron,galaraks
    black qiraji=aquamrine battle tank

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    you got an alternative, the yeti mount. same skeleton, though infernal is "upgraded" as you put it.

stop complaining because of entitlement. you will get a shop alternative anyway if you qq enough. thread couldve been closed after reglitchs post anyway
    not the same skeleton fi you look at the new videos of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crywalker View Post
    Except we didn't know what th ICC mount was until we got that far into the expansions. Blizzard could easily do thit same thing with the infernal mount.
    and thats fine, were worried it may not though and thats what were discussing
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Best rewards should be difficult to earn, be it pvp or pve. If you are the best of the best then you deserve unique reward. If these mounts were obtainable from less challenging content that would lessen their value. You should aspire toward perfection, not drag perfection down to your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    being a pvper does not mean you dont touch old raids..
    and the mount from blackhand will be commonly farmed next expac...
    being a pve'r doesn't mean you dont' touch pvp.

Gladiator mounts are a thing since 2007 and you start to complain about them ~9 years later. God...

Crusader warhorse= the argent warhorse
    Plagued/black protodrake= blue, green,red,purple,bronze,iron,galaraks
    black qiraji=aquamrine battle tank

- - - Updated - - -

not the same skeleton fi you look at the new videos of it

- - - Updated - - -

and thats fine, were worried it may not though and thats what were discussing
    Crusader warhorse have unique model considering the flag, and dont worry, if Black Qiraji got its own conterpart 2 expantions later then these gladiator mounts will to.

I am sure I will get flamed for this, but PVP mounts are far too exclusive.

Before you start typing a scathing reply, think about this:
    They set out to make mounts for gold farmers, the people who grind the questing/reputations, Hardcore PVEers, and Hardcore PVPers

Gold Farmers: In Wrath there was the Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and the Chopper, both which sold for 20,000 gold; in Cata there was the Sandstone Drake, which sold in the high 30's; MoP brought about the gem mounts, engineering rockets and Sky Golem as well the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak, the later which sells for 120,000.

Yes in Wrath, seeing someone with the Chopper or Traveler's Tundra Mount meant seeing someone with WAY too much gold. But today anyone can easily make 20k in a week and still buy these mounts. With the ease of making gold in today's game, even buying the Grand Expedition Yak at 120k is not that far fetched for most players.

Reputation Grinders: Every expansion, including Vanilla, has mounts for people who don't mind grinding reputation. While the concept is ingratiating to many, the difficulty of going back to previous expansions with the current levels of both characters and gear makes mowing through old mobs take an extremely small fraction of the time that it took to do so when that reputation was current.

Hardcore PVEers: There are definitely cool mounts for those who are hardcore raiders. However, with very few exceptions, all raid mounts, both from achievements and drops, are still available, and in most cases, easily solo-able. The exceptions being the mounts from old ZA & ZG (which the zones were removed and redone) and the Black and Plague Proto Drakes as well as the mounts from heroic 10/25 ToC. And when they removed these mounts, people revolted and with great anger flamed Blizz until the Devs said that they would no longer remove old raid mounts.

Hardcore PVPers: While there are a few mounts that can be purchased with honor (that anyone can obtain) and some mounts that can be obtained by semi-casual players who are in decent arena and RBG teams (with Viscous Saddles), most of the PVP mounts are only obtainable by the top 0.5% of people who PVP and are only available for that season.

So at any time in today's game, people can go back and but the Traveler's Tundra Mount (which was too expensive but can now be farmed in less than a week's time), purchase the two Talbuks from Nagarand (which were once a major pain but now easily affordable through junk you obtain from garrison missions), solo Onyxia/Yogg/Lich King/Deathwing until their mounts drop or breeze though the meta-achievement mounts of past expansions. However, the chance to obtain the PVP mounts of past seasons has been removed. In my opinion, and here is where you can get ready to start your flaming, all Gladiator mounts should be sold for like 50k conquest each. By setting the price that high, it still makes them pretty exclusive to the hardcore PVPers (as 50k is a pretty high amount of conquest to obtain) but it makes it where people who would normally have no reason to continue grinding arenas and RBGs after they have obtained their Viscous Saddle, like myself, to continue playing. I, like many people, realize that I will probably never have enough time to PVP to get to the top .5%, so after I get my lesser mount I just stop for the season.

Now there is the argument that the gladiator mounts should be a symbol of status of what they have achieved and by just selling them, even for a large amount of conquest would just cheapen that. I do agree with that argument.
    HOWEVER.. this 2M gold spider mount status symbol will be cheapened in the xpax to follow legion because gold will always be easier to obtain, just as the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth and the Grand Expedition Yak.
    The mounts from Mythic Archimonde and Blackhand will be cheapened when non-hardcore raiders obtain them by soloing them every week in coming expansions.
    The ONLY status symbol mounts that the status is never tainted by those who did not earn them is PVP mounts.

Before everyone accuses me of it, I am not thinking I am entitled to everything. I am just stating that it is a tad unfair to have other mounts be a status symbol only during current content but to allow everyone access to them later with the exception of the PVP mounts.
    Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this. If Blizz removes all other mounts (the gold sink ones, the raid drops, the achievements, the reputation) just like they do with the gladiator mounts people will rise up, like they did with the removal of the Black and Plague Proto Drakes. If they stop selling these mounts on the BMAH, people would most likely stop checking the BMAH. However, if they make the PVP mounts obtainable by others, even with an EXTREME amount of grinding, PVPers would revolt. And as most of us realize, PVPers are some of the nastiest people to receive negative feedback from. And if you don't believe me, check out the posts to follow....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Gladiator mounts are a thing since 2007 and you start to complain about them ~9 years later. God...
    i see people are not reading... as i say about 50 times in this thread i mnot complaining about gladiators mounts...

The Crusader warhorse from ToGC, it was pretty much like a gladiator mount for pve, since it got removed when ICC came. So stfu about PvE dont have a rare mount.
    The plagued/black Proto-drake.
    Black Qiraji Battle Tank.
    "Im sorry you lost me at reskins"

and there goes that "i want this too, blizzard, make it happen asap BabyRage" thread again..

how about players who doesnt even play the game(pvp or pve)? they will be able to obtain every mount in the game just like that.. waiting for the next expansion to come out, go into that old raid and farm it.. thats it.. maybe you'll do the same..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2016-05-20 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Felreaver
    most Glory mounts
    300 achivement mount since most top pvpers dont even touch PvE in any way, aka skips like 200 mounts.
    the mount from blackhand

Like, most mounts that require effort in PvE.

im sorry you lost me at reskins.
    Yep exactly there are awesome mounts from pve that becomes easier to obtain after the xpac. Pvpers don't complain about them. I wouldn't touch mounts that require farming cause that content is extremely boring and non challenging. There are different mount rewards from different content for many different types of play style. But some people don't understand this and they will just whine about the reward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Yeah as a non-pvp Warlock player I want them too, but we'll just have to wait and see if they'll add other infernal mount models to the game.

And while we're at it, I want updated class mount models.
    yeah, a new felsteed would be good, but yeah im a demo/destro lock, and as you can see from my picture (wish i wasent banned from sig for now cause my last one was abit too big) i so badly want the default infernal moutn ,green and brown cause it would match

Crusader warhorse have unique model considering the flag, and dont worry, if Black Qiraji got its own conterpart 2 expantions later then these gladiator mounts will to.
    If that counts as a "unique model" so do the gladiator mounts.

Which means PvPers still have many more "unique" mounts than PvE

i dont think you quite get the point of my post

its more about the fact PVE gear, mounts, etc is all able to be farmed for in later expansions, and the stuff that cant, is super easy to get during that expansion

but with pvp that gear and mounts is limited to a very few people and must be obtained that patch, and i dont really think making stuff, that only a few people can get ,then never making anything similar is a good idea, as it just pisses people off of "ive allways wanted an infernal mount, why is it in pvp and not pve!? were fighting the legion? bullshit

and every single past gladiator mount has been a upgraded version of a mount you could get otherwise, and thats a good idea, as it allows those who get it to be high and mighty, but still makes those who want a bone dragon, to be able to use a bone dragon, not as badass as the pvp one, but atleast they have one
    You have a good point but consider the following:

1. Blizzard and consistency is like trying to force together magnets. Yes, they removed the plagued and black proto drakes, now they don't.
    2. See 1.

I mean another example is Challenge Mode gear and Legendaries.

Q: Why can't I transmog to Shadowmourne?
    A: Its prestigious

Q: Why can I transmog to Challenge Mode gear?
    A: Its prestigious
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-05-20 at 09:19 PM.

Honestly I like the exclusivity even though I won't be a gladiator. That is a lot of hard work and they deserve something unique.

On the other hand I think they should have kept the raid meta mounts exclusive to the patch like they did with naxx in wrath. Seems pointless that you do all that work just to face roll it with a few people the following expansion. Those mounts don't feel unique.

I'm certain that they, just as with the Courser (unicorn) mounts, will cave and make PVE equivalents.
    Maybe from Mythic raiding? ;D

I'm looking forward way more to when they'll take the updated Vicious mounts and use them as molds to update ALL old racial mounts!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-20 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    thats the point where you buy pvp boosts

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats the point where you buy pvp boosts
    Isn't that very much against the rules? Or maybe it's not...shows how much I know about PVP! :3

7+ Year Old Account
    Felreaver
    most Glory mounts
    300 achivement mount since most top pvpers dont even touch PvE in any way, aka skips like 200 mounts.
    the mount from blackhand

Like, most mounts that require effort in PvE.

im sorry you lost me at reskins.
    felreaver will be easy to farm next expansion
    most glory mounts? again easy to farm next expansion... do you really think pvpers mean "i will never touch any raid ever ,even if its 2 expansions old"
    yeah no... alot if not all pvpers touch tons of pve content, just not the current top teir raiding...
    again easy to farm next expansion

you seem to think "i do mostly pvp" means "i level up by pvp, i gear up by pvp, i do not touch PVE at all, yeah i started the game at level 1 and whent stragith to killing players, i have not killed a single mob, im level 110 off only killing players"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Isn't that very much against the rules? Or maybe it's not...shows how much I know about PVP! :3
    as long as you use gold, no, but if you use real world money yeah not allowed