Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    And it's back from the dead. The topic that just will NOT die rolls on and I can see it's even spawned a knock off further up the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    She suggested that because their population was low, they'd not have been able to provide any meaningful or realistic benefit to the faction; meanwhile, they've been a monumental, tide-turning portion of the Alliance military forces in almost every expansion since TBC. Virtually everything Caydiem said doesn't stand up to close scrutiny.
    In WOTLK there was the Silver Covenant.

In Cataclysm there was the Silver Covenant at Zul Aman.

In MoP the purge of Dalaran and Thunder Isle was conducted by Kirin Tor (supported by the Silver Covenant).

Basically the same bunch of people keeping showing up at important moments and their importance has been inflated beyond all reason.

As for 'everything Caydiem said not standing up to close scrutiny...' well she said their numbers were low and you keeping referencing the same group who keep showing up...I fail to see how they don't tally with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    To be fair, whether or not High Elves have a working population or not is hardly the same level of immersion breakage as if demons can ever be killed. I feel like Blizzard keeps all of their opinions on things to themselves so that if they decide to go in a different direction later, they're not beholden to earlier comments.
    Probably true but they've not done it on this, in fact they've killed High Elves at fantastic rates since. Until they themselves explicitly say something that disproves what Caydiem wrote...you're the one arguing against canon.

Considering how few pandaren actually joined the horde and Alliance in MoP I think it's fair to say the SC could potentially work to fill the numbers needed if blizzard really wanted to make playable high elves. However, even placing any lore concerns aside there are are too many reasons NOT to make them for it to be feasible. The main reason being they're just blood elves with blue eyes. They're not unique enough for blizz to introduce as a new race. And essentially giving blood elves to the Alliance too could potentially cause further faction imbalance given BElves are the most played horde race. And this is coming from someone that personally, WOULD like to see high elves, but I understand that despite my personal desire for it there's really more harm than good to be done if they did it.

Also just about all the story high elves have gotten has been intrinsically tied into the blood elf story rather than having their own identity.

EDIT: Is there any trace of the SC in Legion so far? I'm wondering if maybe they left with Jaina considering the Worgen moved into their area in Dalaran and even renamed it.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-05-20 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Considering how few pandaren actually joined the horde and Alliance in MoP I think it's fair to say the SC could potentially work to fill the numbers needed if blizzard really wanted to make playable high elves.
    I don't think they would work as "adventurers" when their organization was born for one purpose: stick in Dalaran and serve as a foil for Blood Elves. That's the whole point of their existence.

Assuming Blizzard would really want to make High Elves playable, even an half-assed story about an epic reunion or Alleria finding alien High Elves in the Nether would work better than using the SC as pool for playable High Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    EDIT: Is there any trace of the SC in Legion so far? I'm wondering if maybe they left with Jaina considering the Worgen moved into their area in Dalaran and even renamed it.
    They work alongside the farstriders in the hunter class hall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerre View Post
    Blizzard can do anything if they want to. Do I have to remind how many times "last remnants of the scarlet crusade" were killed?
    Okay, say Whitemane resurrected all of them, then where did all the new scarlet crusaders spawn from after her death (Dks' Class Campaign)?
    There's a decent amount of high elves, compared to scarlets.
    But I'm not sure we will see subraces in any near future.
    And I'm not sure they will find idea of HE as NE subrace good.
    This. Anything is possible in a fantasy game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If Elune is a crystal I quit WoW.
    elune is the titan, not a naaru
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    This. Anything is possible in a fantasy game.
    anything is possible doesn't mean every idea is a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    elune is the titan, not a naaru
    If this is legit elunes chances of being the titan soul of Azeroth are pretty much zero

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The few surviving High Elves, led by Alleria Windrunner, discover a cure and inoculation against Fel that converts Blood Elves into High Elves once more by undoing the physiological changes caused by the influence of Fel. Unfortunately, this cure's primary ingredient are the remains of naaru (destroyed due to the ongoing wars happening on and around Argus) - the most efficacious of which are naaru sentience cores. Alleria and her followers composed of the Silver Convenant and newly-converted Sin'dorei declare an unofficial and secret war on the remaining naaru in the universe so that her people can be restored.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If this is legit elunes chances of being the titan soul of Azeroth are pretty much zero

"Elune created the prime naaru"

also elune is able to effect azeroth, is shown as a holy being of power, the night elves have known about for a long long time, and the dranei (who are very connected to the naaru) have not connected with her

also we see a bunch in legion of elune acting with us

so i presume titan....

cause as it says there "that the prime naaru may have been created by elune" but who knows we will see as who knows, mabye elune is just the opposite of the void gods? it just seems weird if elune is a super powerful being of light it will be one of 3 things

Naaru (created one so thats out probebly)
    Titan soul, allthough as you show this, it seems weird if she was a titan soul she would be there for the light/shadow fight before any other titan soul
    or the opposite of the void gods...

im thinking mabye she was a spirit, opposite of the void gods kinda thing and when the whole "Big bang" in wow happened, she to recover formed into azeroth, and that is why azeroth is the most powerful, and why the trolls who hung around the night well became night elves, as mabye they are based on her image, and thats what she looked like (will look like) as a being?

idk again all we can do is speculate
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Hmmmm, so Elune seems to be a being confined to the higher and inaccessible plane of Light in the same manner the Void Lords are confined to their plane of the Void. Like the Void Lords created the Old Gods, Elune created the Naaru to act as her servitors within the physical universe.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yes that's true but also highly subjective. I personally don't see the interest in High Elves, but I can tell that a lot of people do. If enough people beg for them I could see it happening. From what I'm seeing in the development of Legion it seems like the developers are really dishing out some fan-service and I mean that in a good way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Hmmmm, so Elune seems to be a being confined to the higher and inaccessible plane of Light in the same manner the Void Lords are confined to their plane of the Void. Like the Void Lords created the Old Gods, Elune created the Naaru to act as her servitors within the physical universe.
    ^ This is my take on it too. Elune is something else entirely - not Titan, definitely not a fucking crystal, she's was there at the dawning of the universe: at the original merging of the light and shadow.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Always comparing high elves and pandarens.
    Sad
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    lol.. funnily enough, so have night elves. In fact the only elves that haven't been dying are Blood elves.

and friendly, remember the alliance already has high elves. Imo, blizzard should make a way to have High Elves exist as High Elves on the horde too.
    why ?
    as Horde member I don't want High elf
    despite I already have blood elfs who were high elf
    you know what It doesn't matter

- - - Updated - - -

Night elves have an actual race sized pool to draw from, Helves do not.

Blood elves have a race, the Alliance has a fake police force in Dalaran of High elves, and a few outcasts in hinterlands.
    I like how you has not give up yet

- - - Updated - - -

you're comparing losses of a race to loses of a force, because the majority of Alliance helves are the Silver covenant. for example the Alliance lost 50k forces in Northrend, and they were fine by MoP. Compare that to High elves where if you killed 20 that would be a larger chunk in their numbers than that 50k. What i'm trying to emphasis is that High elves are fucked and any development on them is wasted because of it. It's like drawing on paper that is at the same time burning
    and still we don't know the population of any of Azeroth Nations so we could know if 50k death matter or not

- - - Updated - - -

"cough cough" med'an "cough cough"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Yes that's true but also highly subjective. I personally don't see the interest in High Elves, but I can tell that a lot of people do. If enough people beg for them I could see it happening. From what I'm seeing in the development of Legion it seems like the developers are really dishing out some fan-service and I mean that in a good way.
    a lot of people begged for ogre
    nothing happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.