I'm not sure I like Taliyah's whole "Azir isn't good" thing. IMO, he's a nice enough guy, as emperors go. It doesn't sit well with me, like they're trying to make him out to be this real big bad guy - I know that's things from her perspective, but she doesn't even know him, just the rumors that have been flowing like the waters from the city.

I wish they'd done something cooler, a bit more serious for Rammus. It was fun, but there's nothing concrete there. As you said, just one giant shit post.

I'm leveling a new account with a friend and his friend who is new to the game and jeez, low level games are unbelievably toxic. It's this weird place where low-ranking players are leveling new accounts and think they are the hottest thing ever, just the biggest egos. A single thing you say can set them off like a nuke. I've had someone add me after almost every single game just to shittalk me more in PMs thinking they are immune to reporting.

Also, new trinity force on PBE looks pretty hype, should bring a couple champs back from the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I'm not sure I like Taliyah's whole "Azir isn't good" thing. IMO, he's a nice enough guy, as emperors go. It doesn't sit well with me, like they're trying to make him out to be this real big bad guy - I know that's things from her perspective, but she doesn't even know him, just the rumors that have been flowing like the waters from the city.

I wish they'd done something cooler, a bit more serious for Rammus. It was fun, but there's nothing concrete there. As you said, just one giant shit post.
    The last time Azir was Emperor, the majority of his people were enslaved, his empire embarked on brutal campaigns of conquest and he led it to ruin. He was vain, arrogant and ambitious and his people suffered for that.

Given that he emancipated his empire seconds before it was all blown up its a safe bet that the message probably got lost in all the corpses. For someone like Taliyah, that leaves Azir as "The bad guy who's going to enslave everyone, butcher anyone who gets in his way and carve himself out a bloody empire". At worst, he's the guy who's going to blow everyone up again. Probably not the kind of man you'd be glad to hear was back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like when "this villain is not actually a villain if you look at things from his side!" happens. It's just too boring. Why can't super-villains exist in the motherfucking game? I mean, we need more characters like Veigar. Azir could be easily an abusing emperor hungry for power, but no, they have to "redeem" him. I hated Azir when he was released, and i like Talis definition of him much more
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I don't like when "this villain is not actually a villain if you look at things from his side!" happens. It's just too boring. Why can't super-villains exist in the motherfucking game? I mean, we need more characters like Veigar. Azir could be easily an abusing emperor hungry for power, but no, they have to "redeem" him. I hated Azir when he was released, and i like Talis definition of him much more
    We have them - nearly the entirety of the Shadow Isles' champions are like that (barring a few examples such as Maokai and Kalista). Gangplank is literally Blackbeard.

It doesn't work for Azir, because that's not what Azir is. Even when he was introduced, his backstory was established as "He was an emperor, but he was changing the way the empire was".

Deleted
    The super-villain you are looking for in the Shurima story is Xerath.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    It doesn't work for Azir, because that's not what Azir is. Even when he was introduced, his backstory was established as "He was an emperor, but he was changing the way the empire was".
    He never finished those reforms though, thats the point. He's almost certainly gone down in history as the emperor who led Shurima to ruin, not as a kind hearted reformist who wanted to do what was best for his people.

You're right, Azir isn't the villain in the story, but until he proves it to his people they're still going to be afraid of him.

Deleted
    just opened 12 hextech chests

i don't get how you can make a system that literally punishes you for playing their game.
    i own all champions and never have problems with IP etc. to get them as i've been playing the games for years resulting in thousands of matches played

opened 8 champions shards and 4 skin shards in those 12 chests.. 66% of the chests were completely useless for me and i will never have a use for them...

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post

i don't get how you can make a system that literally punishes you for playing their game.
    i own all champions and never have problems with IP etc. to get them as i've been playing the games for years resulting in thousands of matches played

opened 8 champions shards and 4 skin shards in those 12 chests.. 66% of the chests were completely useless for me and i will never have a use for them...
    How exactly does getting free stuff punish you? It is your "fault" for having all the champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account

So, you've got crapton of free blue shards that you can spend to get mastery 6 and 7 on champions you have... how does it "punishes" you exactly?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How exactly does getting free stuff punish you? It is your "fault" for having all the champions.
    about 50% of the chests becomes "useless" for veteran players and people who play a lot, it's a weird system to have, it's not rly my fault as there's nothing i could have done against it
    maybe if they made you able to use the essence to unlock other stuff, runes or runepages or something like that but even there i'm very limited as i have almost all of it

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    So, you've got crapton of free blue shards that you can spend to get mastery 6 and 7 on champions you have... how does it "punishes" you exactly?
    it's a bit pointless, doesn't rly give you anything but showing people, that for some reason visit your profile, that you play a specific champion a lot.
    i'm sitting at 6700 blue essence and a few champions shards left

Still don't understand how you are being punished.

Also when a new champ is about to be released, just save up 3 Champion shards and get it for free by trading them.

And as the Doctor said, those blue shards will start to fly out the window when you start to progress on your champions. But it sounds like you don't care about that part. Well, the system isn't forced on you, just ignore it if you feel so punished by it. lol
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Still don't understand how you are being punished.

Also when a new champ is about to be released, just save up 3 Champion shards and get it for free by trading them.

And as the Doctor said, those blue shards will start to fly out the window when you start to progress on your champions. But it sounds like you don't care about that part. Well, the system isn't forced on you, just ignore it if you feel so punished by it. lol
    i just feel like the mastery system is pointless and only a shell of what it could have been, it seemed really cool when it came out but in the end it doesn't rly do anything.
    just like the honor system that almost no one uses anymore and is just forgotten for the most part.

and what's the point of using my champion shards on a free champ when i have more than enough IP to buy them :/

a player that doesn't have all champs etc. get 100% value from hextech chest
    someone that have all champs get maybe 50% value, just because they play the game more.

and i think my current essence is going to last me a loong time from what i can see
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-05-20 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a bit pointless, doesn't rly give you anything but showing people, that for some reason visit your profile, that you play a specific champion a lot.
    i'm sitting at 6700 blue essence and a few champions shards left
    They have the exactly same point as skins, icons, wards and other vanity stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    If all you want is skins, why not just go to the store and buy the skins you want? That's what the store is for - you even get to pick the one you want and only pay for it specifically.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If all you want is skins, why not just go to the store and buy the skins you want? That's what the store is for - you even get to pick the one you want and only pay for it specifically.
    Because free skins are always nice?

I honestly don't get the hate towards hextech crafting, sure it is stupid if the user spends a bunch of money on it, but that is the user's fault not the system. I've got two champions and one skin for free so far, not spent anything other than my playtime on it. So ye, it works amazingly!

15+ Year Old Account
    Because free skins are always nice?

I honestly don't get the hate towards hextech crafting, sure it is stupid if the user spends a bunch of money on it, but that is the user's fault not the system. I've got two champions and one skin for free so far, not spent anything other than my playtime on it. So ye, it works amazingly!
    I'm happy with the crafting system, the dude spent money on chests trying to get skins though - my point was that if you know what skin you want and are willing to spend money - you can just buy them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm happy with the crafting system, the dude spent money on chests trying to get skins though - my point was that if you know what skin you want and are willing to spend money - you can just buy them directly.
    True, as long as it isn't that Annie skin you are after seen some youtubers toss so much money at Riot to get that..

15+ Year Old Account
    True, as long as it isn't that Annie skin you are after seen some youtubers toss so much money at Riot to get that..
    Ya what's his face spent $500 and only got his last shard on the like 9th last box or something.

I just got flamed by a fool because I didn't build armor vs Malph as Yasou. "he killed u ez, you shud buy armor silver scrup", that is his exact words. I cant even! And Malph never killed me it was his Nidalee premade that had a tent up there x) ah randoms <3