Poll: Should women be allowed to go topless?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sure, why not?

Why am I not surprised by the result of the poll...

If men can, women too.
    Both have nipples, but strangely only womens (nipples) are banned.
    Boobs, tits, breasts... whatever you call them are not a sexual organ. Its natural function are feed the babies. So I never understand why so much.. prev, sexual and nasty around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They're both round and yummy
    They (boobs and butts) produce very different substances.

It's already legal for women to go topless in Canada and in most US states.

They just choose not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be allowed but it will be weird to have to go through the de-sexualization of them in our culture.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Should be yes. But unfortunately those of us with attractive girlfriends/wives already have to help them 'dissuade' asshole guys fairly regularly. Last thing we need is more of an excuse for the worst men in humanity to be objectifying women and picking fights with those who don't just want to fight and fuck.

If my girlfriend went around topless all the time, I would be getting in altercations or full on fights almost weekly, or finding a new girlfriend. So, no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    If men can, women too.
    Boobs, tits, breasts... whatever you call them are not a sexual organ. Its natural function are feed the babies. So I never understand why so much.. prev, sexual and nasty around it.
    I don't disagree with your point, but comparing men's and women's nipples is ignorant. You're intentionally throwing out all the sexualization inherent to modern culture to make your point. They aren't the same, at least not right now.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    If men can, women too.
    The nipple yes, the breast no. People already went over this alot often. Human Female breast is unique among mammals and even primates. It is inflated for sexual reasons only. Other primate breast feed just fine with flat chest. The natural function of the mammary glands are to breast feed. However mammary glands can exist and do their job on a completely flat chested women, the breast increase in size when filled with milk, like other mammals, like every other primates. Other primates have other sexual toys to use, example Female chimpanze butts can inflate. The fat tissue is just that, a piece of eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: Should be yes. But unfortunately those of us with attractive girlfriends/wives already have to help them 'dissuade' asshole guys fairly regularly. Last thing we need is more of an excuse for the worst men in humanity to be objectifying women and picking fights with those who don't just want to fight and fuck.

If my girlfriend went around topless all the time, I would be getting in altercations or full on fights almost weekly, or finding a new girlfriend. So, no thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree with your point, but comparing men's and women's nipples is ignorant. You're intentionally throwing out all the sexualization inherent to modern culture. They aren't the same, at least not right now.
    You... You do realize the poll was whether it should be ALLOWED by the law, not whether they should be forced to go topless right?

Personally, I say sure. If they want to go topless they should be able to. I doubt many would want to in normal day to day life though. Gravity could be painful...

They shouldn't. So shouldn't men. Well, there is a setting for everything. If you are in a place, like beach, where men can be shirtless, well, so should woman. But I don't want topless people, men or women, walking around at the supermarket. It's not about gender equality or anything, it's about social decency.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to, sure. I won't complain. I have a feeling most American women would choose not to do so, though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No reason it shouldnt be allowed. Men can so why can't women. If a nipple is really that sexual then they need to stop letting men
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    You... You do realize the poll was whether it should be ALLOWED by the law, not whether they should be forced to go topless right?

Personally, I say sure. If they want to go topless they should be able to. I doubt many would want to in normal day to day life though. Gravity could be painful...
    I... I also realize that feigned confusion is a poor argument tactic. If you want to make a point, do so without being antagonistic or you will be ignored by reasonable people.

As for choice vs forced isn't the issue. Everyone tends to get overconfident and make bad choices. Laws are there to nudge us in directions that are both safe and socially acceptable (although the socially acceptable part is often very subjective)
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    No, it would make many people feel uncomfortable.
    Can't be much worse than all the hairy, old manboobs.

Yes, of course they also should be allowed to if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    No reason it shouldnt be allowed. Men can so why can't women. If a nipple is really that sexual then they need to stop letting men
    You're being naive if you think every issue can be solved by saying 'if X can do it, so should Y'.

Different things are treated differently for a reason often times. Not always, but quite often.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at naturist culture, most of them are old and ugly fucks with exhibitionism fetish, nobody should see that. To deny that boobs are erotic part of female (and male) body is the most ignorant thing that comes from that movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Just look at naturist culture, most of them are old and ugly fucks with exhibitionism fetish, nobody should see that. To deny that boobs are erotic part of female (and male) body is the most ignorant thing that comes from that movement.
    Unfortunately, more and more, the most anti-faith humans are also the most anti-evolution.

We are built a certain way with certain features because we evolved them, yet people will argue that we should overcome nature to do what they want to do because they REALLY WANT TO. And everyone else will just have to change their mental wiring and act differently towards them because they just REALLLLLLLY WANT them to.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    You're being naive if you think every issue can be solved by saying 'if X can do it, so should Y'.

Different things are treated differently for a reason often times. Not always, but quite often.
    Its already legal in Canada, Multiple european countries, multiple states of the US. They are no problems with it what so ever.

It should be perfectly legal. It doesn't matter if they are "erotic" or not, it's about freedom. I don't think people like to see old geezers topless either, but they are allowed to right? It's not about beauty or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Its already legal in Canada, Multiple european countries, multiple states of the US. They are no problems with it what so ever.
    I live in Columbus, OH. I'm aware. Thanks though.
    -Darsithis