Poll: Should women be allowed to go topless?

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    On a purely theoretical / philosophical standpoint,

any time the question "should all the >group of people< be allowed to do this thing that doesnt hurt anyone" the answer should always be yes.

now, the question becomes, does women walking around with their titts out, hurt anyone?
    I've no idea what to write here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sure, but no one is going to want to unless they are a member of the tiny boob brigade. Painful...
    Tiny titties are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yes #FreeTheBoobies!
    Yup. I'm old enough that I'll never see a point where it's commonplace so #show-me-the-boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

any time the question "should all the >group of people< be allowed to do this thing that doesnt hurt anyone" the answer should always be yes.

now, the question becomes, does women walking around with their titts out, hurt anyone?
    Ok, I'll be 'round your place later to urinate all around your house. A minor smell doesn't actually hurt. See you in 5.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted

Depends - could easily cause a car crash

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Was there ever a confirmed case of this happening?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

1 - It's very hot here and good sense says that you should remove your shirt if it's that hot.
    2 - Fat guys with gigantic moobs can walk around without shirts, women should have that option too.

Personally? I've seen cloth pieces that can be described as a strip covering the breasts. Someday, they'll develop something that only covers the nipples but still looks like a shirt. Once it becomes common seeing topless woman among men in places where that is allowed, the whole "but BOOBS!!!" thing will vanish.

can people just wear clothes, thanks

Or altercation since breasts are a sexual trait and are designed to draw attention. Naturally women want to show them off, they draw attention and human women are wired to want attention, while men are wired to try to dominate other men and get those women.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Was there ever a confirmed case of this happening?
    Actually yes, 2min

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...es-car-3714840
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgANT0OjKBQ

Actually yes, 2min
    Do you need two whole minutes?
    -Darsithis

I'm fine with people having the right to go topless. But.. it just seems like a dangerous thing to actually promote, after how long we've sexualized them. How much we're still doing so. Right now, when tits come out, it's a strong signal for sex. And we can't just say "Your problem, deal with it", when this will clearly have great impact on the mental state of those around, in most settings.

This needs to come with some major societal changes, for this change to be a safe one. If the majority of the population wants this change, by all means, make it happen! But make it happen in the right, safe way. I am not certain everyone suddenly whipping their tits out overnight will be the right approach.

It's a bit more complex than that. Another question to ask is "Does this freedom come at a cost for others who don't want this freedom". For example, if breasts were unsexualized and made to be visible, chances are, they'd have to reduce the punishment of looking or touching them to the same extent as males (basically no punishment at all). Many woman, i know, would not want that, and thus would prefer to keep it illegal rather than have that alternative.

In a round about way, it's self-damaging to parts of that same group. I find that a lot of "progressive" people think in terms of "us versus them" when in reality its never that simple. Each person is (to some degree) unique, and even within a group opinions could differ, and harm can sometimes be an opinion.

In germany your car is your private room, you are allowed to drive completely naked. Never heard of people crashing because of bewbzzz.

There is also this guy who is alergic against all kind cloths (or atleast it hurts him wearing something) and is allowed to walk around completely naked in the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    do you want to see your moms and granny's tits flopping around?
    Was thinking the same thing. In both cases no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm fine with people having the right to go topless. But.. it just seems like a dangerous thing to actually promote, after how long we've sexualized them. How much we're still doing so. Right now, when tits come out, it's a strong signal for sex. And we can't just say "Your problem, deal with it", when this will clearly have great impact on the mental state of those around, in most settings.

This needs to come with some major societal changes, for this change to be a safe one. If the majority of the population wants this change, by all means, make it happen! But make it happen in the right, safe way. I am not certain everyone suddenly whipping their tits out overnight will be the right approach.
    Eh, I have friends who go to Burning Man every year. There are naked people everywhere. After a day or two, it stops feeling sexual. It's amazing how fast that happens.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Perfectly put. Thank you.

The 'freethenipples' bullshit is a symptom of the shortsightedness of certain people. Nudity has been made a sexual thing, whether it should be or not has no bearing on fact. Turns out that facts don't care what you think.

Then you'll have people complaining about being oggled or approached as if they weren't inviting it. This is not to say anything bad should ever happen. There is never an excuse for that. But attention, you're asking for it by going naked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    In germany your car is your private room, you are allowed to drive completely naked. Never heard of people crashing because of bewbzzz.

There is also this guy who is alergic against all kind cloths (or atleast it hurts him wearing something) and is allowed to walk around completely naked in the city.
    Do you have a source on this guy? That sounds interesting if it's actually true.
    -Darsithis

of course. its perfectly legal where i live, laws against women being topless but not men are easily challenged and crumble easily since they are blatantly discriminatory and sex discrimination is against the law.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    It's a bit more complex than that. Another question to ask is "Does this freedom come at a cost for others who don't want this freedom". For example, if breasts were unsexualized and made to be visible, chances are, they'd have to reduce the punishment of looking or touching them to the same extent as males (basically no punishment at all). Many woman, i know, would not want that, and thus would prefer to keep it illegal rather than have that alternative.

In a round about way, it's self-damaging to parts of that same group. I find that a lot of "progressive" people think in terms of "us versus them" when in reality its never that simple. Each person is (to some degree) unique, and even within a group opinions could differ, and harm can sometimes be an opinion.
    Wow, that was elegantly put.
    -Darsithis

Sure, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to do just that.

Not that I think many would do it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if men can walk around with their bottom out
    Tops=/=Bottoms. Men can walk around without shirts on. And some men have bigger tits than women. So what is the difference? Both have nipples, girls generally have bigger ones than dudes, but not always. So should it be changed to no fat dudes can walk around without a shirt too?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G