Thread: Alcohol Advise

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    girly drinks, they usually have much more alcohol then guy drinks but you cant taste the booze
    try this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_Iced_Tea

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, probably a significant note -- the cheaper the booze the more you'll taste it.

Vodka out of a plastic bottle is going to be a lot harsher than top shelf.

7+ Year Old Account
    With summertime coming on one word for you : Sangria

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sangria

A close second : Margaritas

10+ Year Old Account
    Try a Gin Rickey. Light and refreshing, easy to drink, and they often come in a number of flavors. A Gin Gimlet can be good for people who don't normally drink a lot of alcohol, for the same reason.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Try a Piña colada with less rum and more coconut after a long day outside, the mildly creamy taste feels great.
    Last edited by BetaConstrictor; 2016-05-20 at 08:54 PM.

I imagine Bacardi Breezer could do: it's very sweet and soft, like Kopparberg.
    Or just tell your barman to go easy on the alcohol, and go for mojito/margarita/screwdriver
    Sprite + white wine, cocacola + red wine are also sweet and soft.

Pasteurized/carbonated drinks should not be named cider. Or perry.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-05-20 at 08:26 PM.

A lot of times the higher quality liquor goes down a lot easier than the cheap stuff, I'm thinking of rum and tequila. Spend like $40 or more a bottle.

Me I just drink to get drunk when I drink.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of times the higher quality liquor goes down a lot easier than the cheap stuff, I'm thinking of rum and tequila. Spend like $40 or more a bottle.
    While there's some truth to that (a good quality Reposado will often go down easier than a shitty silver), most of the time the biggest thing that makes a difference in how smoothly something goes down is liquor type. Gold tequilas will always be a lot rougher than silver tequilas.

Also, if you find that something is rough going down, chances are it hasn't been cut well enough. The reason a martini is so smooth even though it's ostensibly straight gin with a smidge of vermouth is that it gets stirred with a bunch of ice long enough that you get a good bit of water mixed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Jägerbombs
    You're just asking for him to go on a bender, burn a few buildings down and fight everyone in a 5 mile radius aren't you.

Jagerbombs=Roid Rage in a glass.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Moscow mules. Non-girly alcohol drink for those that can't stomach alcohol.

Of course you could also just be a real man an drink straight vodka with a chaser. Quality vodka should barely taste like alcohol at all.

I like vodka pepsi, but if you dont like the flavour of booze, try some hard lemonade/iced tea. I recently tried a grape soda cooler that was even carbonated. But ofc sense im canadian every drink has more alcohol %, which is good for me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

Of course you could also just be a real man an drink straight vodka with a chaser.
    Yeah, Moscow Mules are almost always a good call for people who aren't that into alcohol. Depending on the bar, though, they can be a bit spicy, so you should be into spiciness. The spicier the better, I say, and I generally get them to make it with gin instead of vodka, because there's nothing you can make with vodka that isn't better with gin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Better off just drinking Sambuca. It'll get you drunker quicker.

Unless you outside of the U.S. and can get a hold of some really good absinthe. But even at that, it doesn't exactly have the psychedelic effect that some claim it does.
    i dont know how it is in the u.s but here sambuca is like slightly above 40% whereas absinthe usually comes in 60,80 or 90%

10+ Year Old Account

Of course you could also just be a real man an drink straight vodka with a chaser.
    Yeah, Moscow Mules are almost always a good call for people who aren't that into alcohol. Depending on the bar, though, they can be a bit spicy, so you should be into spiciness. The spicier the better, I say, and I generally get them to make it with gin instead of vodka, because there's nothing you can make with vodka that isn't better with gin.

And they come in awesome copper mugs:

I have one of these mugs at home, and it's the best. Hold FAR more liquid than you'd think by looking at it. Protip: don't put your copper mug in the dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I personally think they're a little too sweet, but so are most mix drinks.

Gin is rough drink. It tastes like someone liquefied a pine tree and blended it with lighter fluid. That said, I have had some decent gins

I'm not big on real big on boozy tasting drinks, but some of my favorites are white Russians, amaretto sours, rum and cokes, hard lemonades.

10+ Year Old Account
    It tastes like someone liquefied a pine tree and blended it with lighter fluid.
    Maybe crappy gin, mixed crappily.

There are as many different Gin flavors out there as there are wine flavors. Not all of them punch you in the face with that juniper flavor (though that's one of my favorite parts). The least juniper-y gin I'm familiar with is Nolet's, if you wanted to try it out. You'll get basically none of that "pine" flavor.

Beyond that, there's a big difference between a London Dry gin, a Sloe Gin, an Old Tom gin, and a barrel aged gin.

Like the difference between a chardonnay and a riesling.

Ironically, I got my start on gin in Africa, drinking Rhino, which really did taste like lighter fluid. I'm a bit surprised that I'm not blind.

Last edited by Reeve; 2016-05-20 at 08:51 PM.

I've always been a bourbon man myself. Jack Daniels Silver Select is relatively smooth and sits nice with 2 ice cubes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    rofl

@ OP - stop being a pussy and drink like everyone else, FFS

It's fucking stupid wanting to drink something that tastes good right? nah better to drink something that tastes like death + wet garbage right?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

It's fucking stupid wanting to drink something that tastes good right? nah better to drink something that tastes like death + wet garbage right?
    I think the idea comes from the "function over fashion" concept that dominates the working man stereotype. I don't agree with it exactly, but it makes a sort of sense. What's the proof on that wet garbage?