Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    We can't agree on anything, I'm confident that brutish behavior like that would be opposed by someone.
    Maybe, maybe not, but this is a republic, and when the people in power do monstrous things, historically its often been because the people who put them there wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure? I'm fairly confident you'd pass out from shock.

also, inb4 "this isn't real islam" and "islam is the religion of peace!"
    The mafia wrote the book on sadistic execution methods. And most of them are Catholics. inb4 "Catholicism is a religion of peace!"
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    The mafia wrote the book on sadistic execution methods. And most of them are Catholics. inb4 "Catholicism is a religion of peace!"
    were they doing it in the name of Catholicism?

I'm not religious mind you, but it gets old watching people make excuses for islam while trashing every other religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Eh, no. This shit happens in a tiny part of the world which is dominated by Muslim extremists.

No, I'm Scottish.
    PAkistan, Afganistan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen.....pretty large parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Maybe, maybe not, but this is a republic, and when the people in power do monstrous things, historically its often been because the people who put them there wanted it.
    That's why we have to avoid electing people like Bernie, who will certainly advocate crimes against the "elite"

10+ Year Old Account
    were they doing it in the name of Catholicism?

I'm not religious mind you, but it gets old watching people make excuses for islam while trashing every other religion.

- - - Updated - - -

PAkistan, Afganistan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen.....pretty large parts.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why we have to avoid electing people like Bernie, who will certainly advocate crimes against the "elite"
    People like to put these imaginary scenarios into the argument. Bernie advocating crimes against the "elite"? Let's tone down the drama for a second. And People don't bash all religions and then make excuses for islam. That's something that you think people might do. These terrorists aren't doing what they're doing for "islam". they're using that as a guise. They're bloodthirsty, they want to kill, and they don't want to look like psychopaths, so they pretend they're doing it for religion.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

What the fuck is this news?
    One thing I'll grant those ISIS bastards and it's that they've got a very twisted imagination. It probably is due to reading too much religious texts; that shit can't be good for anyone.

People are evil, nothing has changed since day 1

It really does make you wonder how they do messed up stuff like this and still think they're the good guys. They need a better uniform though, maybe skull caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    People are evil, nothing has changed since day 1
    Too general. I'm at least chaotic neutral when pressed, lawful good on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    It probably is due to reading too much religious texts; that shit can't be good for anyone.
    They're the ones reading and following it the most strictly though, so really they're the ones reading the least into it. The book says behead people? Let's go behead some people!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-05-21 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    People like to put these imaginary scenarios into the argument. Bernie advocating crimes against the "elite"? Let's tone down the drama for a second. And People don't bash all religions and then make excuses for islam. That's something that you think people might do. These terrorists aren't doing what they're doing for "islam". they're using that as a guise. They're bloodthirsty, they want to kill, and they don't want to look like psychopaths, so they pretend they're doing it for religion.
    Well, they certainly view the crimes as being in the name of Islam, and certainly their actions can be viewed as in line with Islamic scripture and dogma. There has also been many surveys done of Muslims in both Islamic countries and western nations that not only accept the actions of ISIS as being inline with Islamic tenants, but advocate for the actions as well.

Unfortunately they are not the exception to the rule, but rather the rule.

- - - Updated - - -

Q

You are talking as if you believe the entire Muslim world is filled with barbaric terrorists, which clearly isn't the case. Yes there is a tiny minority of barbaric terrorists who will go to any extreme to further their warped beliefs, but they are a tiny minority.

In my experience of living and working in ME, most Muslims are conservative in their attitudes to society and the family unit, not dissimilar to the US.
    I've also worked in the ME and ive seen it both ways. I think this statement holds true for the most part.

"Moderate Muslims don't want to behead you for being a infidel, they want the fanatical Muslim to behead you for being a infidel"

- - - Updated - - -

I feel more at ease with a man clad in dress and saddles than I do a man wearing a gun on his hip.
    That's a personal decision. I mean as a scottsman, how many people wear guns on their hips?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have anything to say. No words can describe how I feel about this. It's just.....

Ugh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I read the article and this pops into my head:

Deleted
    And all of this in the name of islam...

Not taking away from the seriousness of the situation here, but isn't this how the joker came to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether it's true or not, it's probably one of the least horrible ways to die from isis.

Let's be real, you can be drowned for 2 minutes knowingly dying.

You could be blown up in a car burning til you die.

Or you could be dropped into acid and probably pass out after a short time.

I think it's one of their least painful ways yet after the first 10 seconds end.

I suppose if your gay you could be knocked off a building and stoned, that's not as painful.

Maybe we should bomb them they're pretty awful.

Thankfully, I'm certain you'd go into shock from the pain before succumbing to the wounds

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Whether it's true or not, it's probably one of the least horrible ways to die from isis.

Let's be real, you can be drowned for 2 minutes knowingly dying.

You could be blown up in a car burning til you die.

Or you could be dropped into acid and probably pass out after a short time.

I think it's one of their least painful ways yet after the first 10 seconds end.

I suppose if your gay you could be knocked off a building and stoned, that's not as painful.

Maybe we should bomb them they're pretty awful.
    Drowning is probably the worst, takes minutes and you're in agony. Being blown up in a car = possibility of an instantaneous death. Stoning = you hope for a family member to mercifully crush your head in early on in the process.

Acid is probably one of the most painful ways one could die, as the acid is literally eating away at you.

Decapitation is supposed to be one of the least painful ways to die, if a sharp blade severs you cleanly from the back of the neck, but ISIS likes to use what looks like the equivalent of a steak knife and decapitates their victims from the front.

Don't ask me why I know this stuff.

Deleted
    Wouldn't suprise me if true however this is the worst kind of journalism.

This is in the same level as the brave russian who called an airstike on himself, the girl who got burned alive and said 'forgive ISIS' as her last words and the boy who cried wolf. Complete unverified horseshit.

They really need to just drop a Hydrogen Bomb on them and be done with it.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Wowza. That is pretty severe and sort of a badass method of killing someone.

I saw this documentary once about Russian 'death squads' in Afghanistan and all the tortuous and gruesome methods of killing the Afghani they came up with during the time.

Rather extreme stuff. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Always assuming the citizens actually disagreed with such behavior.
    Hard to disagree with something like that. Disagreeing with the brutal way that dissidents are executed sounds like an express trip to being executed... brutally... for your dissidence.
    Last edited by Akani; 2016-05-23 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Drowning is probably the worst, takes minutes and you're in agony. Being blown up in a car = possibility of an instantaneous death. Stoning = you hope for a family member to mercifully crush your head in early on in the process.

Acid is probably one of the most painful ways one could die, as the acid is literally eating away at you.

Decapitation is supposed to be one of the least painful ways to die, if a sharp blade severs you cleanly from the back of the neck, but ISIS likes to use what looks like the equivalent of a steak knife and decapitates their victims from the front.

Don't ask me why I know this stuff.
    I think I'd take the acid bath over being burnt. Not sure though. Probably not a ton of difference, in practice.

My execution preference would likely be guillotine or firing squad.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2016-05-23 at 01:39 AM.