Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think Elune is a God of our universe, opposite to Void Lords and their void realm. It is said that Naaru are the purest expression of the Light and then we have some quests telling us that perhaps Elune created Naaru so i think she is the Light itself.

Deleted
    Made clear? If it was made clear then i propably could read about it everywhere and i see only speculations and connections.

But it's possible since the Pantheon believed Azeroth, our titan is the strongest and is able to fight the void lords. Creation of Naaru, the light beings would be a good example of its power against void.
    Last edited by mmoca4d80be4eb; 2016-05-20 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    It was made clear in Chronicles that Elune is a titan - the world soul of Azeroth.
    It wasn't made clear at all. Also, I found this posted elsewhere.

I very much doubt the world-soul is in any position to create the naaru at the beginning of things.

After reading the chronicle volume 1 i think elune is either a spirit of the dead pantheon, or some part of the baby titan in azeroth.

It was made clear in Chronicles that Elune is a titan - the world soul of Azeroth.
    Total opposite. Nothing in the Chronicles suggest she's a titan.

The world soul is in a dormant state, while others openly communicate with Elune.

How can mortals communicate with the world soul (which isn't even born yet) but the Amanthul could not?

Just because someone called it the "tear of elune" doesn't make her a titan.

In ancient times, people used to call all kinds of things by different names, and it doesn't make it so, it's just part of the mythos.

The Naaru pre-date Azeroth, how can the world soul create being before it was even born or existed in the first place?

It's not just the Pillar of Creation, it's what led up to it. The Well of Eternity was formed from the World Soul's blood, and the dark trolls met Elune in that blood. They didn't know Elune prior to that, so it wouldn't make sense for someone to impersonate her. So why was she hanging out in the blood?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    This changes everything, but not really sure where this is going. This implies she's some sort of Light Lord, sending out the naaru like the Void Lords sent out the Old Gods. That's weird, though, because while the Chronicle explained that the Old Gods were consciously sent out, the naaru were said to simply be formed from Light that coalesced, without any intention behind it.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-05-20 at 10:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    This new information about Elune perhaps brings us all the way back around in a circle to much earlier lore speculation on her true nature-- that she may well be the only true deity in the universe.

Elune is a goddess full stop

Deleted
    Elune is a piece of rock and her damage done should be physical.

I very much doubt the world-soul is in any position to create the naaru at the beginning of things.
    Do you know where that quest is from?
    yeah..., it kinda puts an end to that idea.. it makes her bigger than that. It still doesn't rule her out as being the essence of Arcane, as arcane orders things, you can't have living beings without the light being ordered. Still, it makes it also less likely now, and more like some God of Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    This new information about Elune perhaps brings us all the way back around in a circle to much earlier lore speculation on her true nature-- that she may well be the only true deity in the universe.
    yeah.. it's serious cred for NElves too, who've been ridiculed for their beliefs, especially after getting it wrong on the "no arcane use" policy , and getting it wrong about their origins from trolls. The arcane was not evil or corrupting at all, it became corrupt in corrupted people's hands. Azshara and her highborn unbalnaced themselves by using without control or restraint. Not that there was anything wrong with the arcane. But I suspect the night elves knew that. The mistake was that "not using the Well of Eternity to cast arcane spells" would somehow prevent the demons from finding Azeroth again. That was wrong. There was a way to use the arcane without it causing noticeable spillage and tears into the twisting nether, as Darth'Remar's highborne had pointed out, and the Legion were going to find a way back, it was only a matter of time - as Illidan pointed out.

They were wrong, and they'd have been better harnessing and using the power to carry out vigil than just being suffused by it, maybe their losses won't have been that big in the 3rd war, and maybe they'd have done better for their children. Still, I see they are making up for it now, but might be too little too late. For until the nightborne emerged it was looking that like the night elves were on their way out.

How can the arcane be horrible when it was it's power that made them who they are. This is serious points for Illidan, the Highborne, Nightborne and the Elven magic users. Still, Elune being an actual Goddess like they've been saying all along, that's a remarkable truth and perception too. Should gain the Priesthood of Elune serious clout amongst the others. And strengthen their resolve.

Elune is either a Naaru (E'lun or El'un or something like that) which makes sense because the ones who worship her the most are Night Elven Priestesses, or she is entirely fictional even for Warcraft, say like a belief or faith.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't rule out the idea that she is some mega-super-ancient Naaru either.

15+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined that she was an old god that was corrupted. You know how Blizzard pulled that Ragnoras the Lightlord in Hearthstone? Basically the same thing. It(the well) made Elune 'good'. I believe the Old God was at where the Well of Eternity was placed and made her(?) stronger. Just think about it. Look at all Elune's creatures. They look something like an old god would have. Cenarius, Dryads, night elves and etc all look similar, this could be two reasons, either Elune made they look like her or they were all influenced by the well and made them look similar.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Elune is either a Naaru (E'lun or El'un or something like that) which makes sense because the ones who worship her the most are Night Elven Priestesses, or she is entirely fictional even for Warcraft, say like a belief or faith.
    It's hard to think of Elune as a Naaru if she is now known to have created the first Naaru. And Elune actually does things in WoW, you experience her answer the Satyr's prayer to be turned back into a night elf after he completes the tasks she asks him. [Ashenvale quests Cata - you witness it happen]

Seeing that you don't do anything in life without first believing in it, i would hardly say belief is fictional. And every time you actually trust your gut on something that you hasn't happened yet or you haven't seen yet that then happens... you are exercising faith. That is not fictional either. Maybe you meant things like aliens or gods like Olympus and Zeus in human history. But belief and faith are something all humans have and use, some grossly misplace them - i.e. place them in stupid or false things but everyone employs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's hard to think of Elune as a Naaru if she is now known to have created the first Naaru.
    Not yet proven, just a Khadgar's theory from a really old astrology book.
    "... the prime Naaru may have been created by Elune..."
    If our characters have no idea (yet) that the Titans are dead, how the hell do we know who or what created the first Naaru???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    The Naaru pre-date Azeroth, how can the world soul create being before it was even born or existed in the first place?
    Time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Not yet proven, just a Khadgar's theory from a really old astrology book.
    "... the prime Naaru may have been created by Elune..."
    If our characters have no idea (yet) that the Titans are dead, how the hell do we know who or what created the first Naaru???
    It's not proven, but the Tears of Elune reacting to the thing makes it quite likely. It shouldn't be accessible by anything other than one of Xe'ra's lineage, and O'ros was the last surviving descendant. For the Tears to count as being of the same lineage, Elune has to be an ancestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Time travel.
    lol. Grandfather paradox all the way

It's not proven, but the Tears of Elune reacting to the thing makes it quite likely. It shouldn't be accessible by anything other than one of Xe'ra's lineage, and O'ros was the last surviving descendant. For the Tears to count as being of the same lineage, Elune has to be an ancestor.
    I am not saying it is not a possibility (but it would be a damn shame and more horrible writing if it is true), all I am saying is that it is not yet fact and there is still no source on the Tears of Elune actually working on Light's Heart. And even if it did, it does not prove what Elune is, just that she (or it) can resurrect a Naaru (does not even prove Elune created the first Naaru).

lol what. No it didn't. It didn't at all.

After Xe'ra's revelation, it throws basically all of Elune's origin stories out of the window.

Elune existed as the universe was still being formed ('Before the ordering of Light & Shadow finished'), so she couldn't have been a Titan-related creature, a Naaru, or anything that came into existence because of the Well of Eternity's creation. She existed before all of that. She created Xe'ra when the ordering was still happening.

She could be some ultimate being of the Light or the Arcane, but I think at this point she's just legitimately the only actual goddess of the Warcraft universe that essentially just 'hijacked' (In a good way) a bunch of the Titan's stuff (Speaking through the Well of Eternity, The Emerald Dream) and essentially guided her own race into fruition (Dark Elves to Night Elves) through that connection.

It's funny, she acts exactly like a "good" Old God that people were talking about a long time ago. Albeit completely different powerwise.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-21 at 09:11 PM.