Poll: What percentage of the WoD mistakes do you believe have been corrected in Legion?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    LOL what, there must be alot of haters on here to vote 0%...... like what the heck!

Looks like a number between 0% and 10%.

The only one mistake they seem to fix is easy billions of garrison gold. Other WoD mistakes are still there. We still have:

- Fucking absurd ability prune, which is the biggest hit in a quality of the game for me personally. I do remember how I felt when logged on my warrior for the first time in WoD's prepatch. It felt like he was lvl30 again - I did not have enough abilities to fill even the first ability panel (12 slots)!! That feeling was afwul. Now, when I create characters on beta, I feel the same for the majority of specs.

- Facebook gaming. Meaningless stupid garrison missions are still there, with added "consumable" followers who can do two missions and then they are destroyed.

- 2763459662554 difficulties.

- Class balance possibly is the worst ever seen, at least at the moment if you play ranged dps you can't do shit to melee in pvp. Melees are raping everything 24/7.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I'd say 70% but they replaced that with different bullshit. So they did learn what we dislike and gave us different things to dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Voted 0%:

- LFR still exists
    - 4 difficulties still there
    - low pop, dying realms not yet merged, making WoW difficult to play there
    - menu facebook crap "gameplay" still there
    - legendary rewards from mere mobs, instead of putting them off limit for anyone but most dedicated&skilled
    - dungeons still easy. At least here we can farm to harder modes
    - removal of real PvP gear, when in fact gear should be gated by RATING, so it is only reached by those skilled&dedicated, and serve as a worthy reward
    - everyone gets an artifact weapon, instead of making them a reward for those skilled&dedicated
    - the zones are kinda small and I can foresee boredom setting in soon

Overall, after testing Legion, my opinion remains as it was in WoD: without raiding, I would quit this game in a heartbeat. I am lucky to have 2 great guilds, one pretty competitive and motivated and one full of laid back friends I can have fun with. Remove this aspect, and I would have no reasons to log, which is an immense change from the situation in Vanilla and BC.
    -I don't get the hate for LFR. All it does makes it easy for casual players experience end game raids and for people to gear up alts. I really just don't.
    -This I can understand, it's a confusing system.
    -This obviously needs to happen
    -I agree with you there. yay menus! /s
    -If you look at them like Legendarys from past expansions I can see what you're coming from. But Legion Legendarys are more like Destiny Exotic gear. Powerful gear that is somewhat common, but still difficult to obtain that give bonuses that alter how your class is played. I actually prefer this over the old legendary system.
    -Heroic 5 mans kinda have to be easy. It's what people will be running when they reach level 110, obviously making it very easy out gear. If you want a challenge Mythic+ will suit you.
    -The reason why PvP gear was nerfed in legion was because Blizz wanted gear to have less of an impact in PvP. This way skill and dedication shines more in PvP, not just the ones who have bigger numbers.
    -I kinda agree with you there lore wise; seeing every ret paladin running around with Ashbringer makes my head hurt. Mechanically, though artifacts offer a form of progression and customization through out the expansion and the dedicated will see theirs get maxed out. Yes, everyone gets one, but only players who are dedicated to the game will see their artifact get completely maxed out.
    -Now you're just nit picking.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Blizzard WoD design meeting:
    RandomDev1: Hey guys why would we waste time on adding new abilities, work on advanced rotation and overall make classes fun to play if we can remove half abilities make most classes simple, remove any indepth gameplay and make it look like we actually spent more than 30 seconds working on that?
    Celestalon: Great idea!

Blizzard Legion design:
    RandomDev1: So how about we remove more abilities and make gameplay of classes even dumber and shock community with adding DH and making 1 of hunter specs melee to once again hide that we work hard on the gameplay?
    Celestalon: Mike promote that guy!!!!!!!!!

They obviously learned 0. Butchering classes and the gameplay is the main issue I have with WoD and so far they are making it worse in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    -I don't get the hate for LFR. All it does makes it easy for casual players experience end game raids and for people to gear up alts. I really just don't. That's the reason for the hate. People who are to casual even for normal mode don't deserve the end game raid experience!
    -This I can understand, it's a confusing system.
    -This obviously needs to happen
    -I agree with you there. yay menus! /s
    -If you look at them like Legendarys from past expansions I can see what you're coming from. But Legion Legendarys are more like Destiny Exotic gear. Powerful gear that is somewhat common, but still difficult to obtain that give bonuses that alter how your class is played. I actually prefer this over the old legendary system.
    -Heroic 5 mans kinda have to be easy. It's what people will be running when they reach level 110, obviously making it very easy out gear. If you want a challenge Mythic+ will suit you.
    -The reason why PvP gear was nerfed in legion was because Blizz wanted gear to have less of an impact in PvP. This way skill and dedication shines more in PvP, not just the ones who have bigger numbers.
    -I kinda agree with you there lore wise; seeing every ret paladin running around with Ashbringer makes my head hurt. Mechanically, though artifacts offer a form of progression and customization through out the expansion and the dedicated will see theirs get maxed out. Yes, everyone gets one, but only players who are dedicated to the game will see their artifact get completely maxed out. I will believe that if in 6 Months there are still people with artifact power missing. You will be able to finish your artifact weapon around the time the first content patch drops.
    -Now you're just nit picking. The zones are small and with 50 World quests each zone, you will get repetition within 2 months and you will get bored of doing the same things over and over again.
    See my notes in the quote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What has blizzard learned?

"holy shit these rubes will pay for anything we shit out!" perhaps?

Seriously though they have seen where the new 'line' is for players so they can keep it there, let the consumer settle till its the new norm then shift it again. Less output, same income. Laughingkotick.png
    'They still believe that delusional NEXT EXPANSION WILL FIX 90% OF ALL ISSUES OF THE LAST EXPANSION promise'

'Fool them once, shame on them. Fool them twice, shame on them'

I don't agree with the poll - where's the 67,889% option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. The main issue with WOD is the same as the last 3 expansions. No content for over a year at time. If they haven't learnt that is an issue in 4 expansions. I doubt they will have leant for a 5th.
    Aye mate

"oh shit man, this is looking bad. we gotta pander to everyone, quick" seems to be what they learned.

demon hunters, ultimate transmog tab, world content out the ass, amazing pvp system change, a lot of lore and stuff.

if they give us new dungeons with progressively better gear each patch, it might be as good as wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't agree with the poll - where's the 67,889% option?
    ~70

/10char

You made that poll too early. Remade it again, when Legion is out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    What has blizzard learned?

"holy shit these rubes will pay for anything we shit out!" perhaps?

Seriously though they have seen where the new 'line' is for players so they can keep it there, let the consumer settle till its the new norm then shift it again. Less output, same income. Laughingkotick.png
    hammer meets nail.

twice in a relatively short time theyve harvested subs while putting little to no effort in the product.

what else can they learn than 'lol we can do anything with these idiots'

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    ~70

/10char
    Sloppiness and inaccuracy are terrible forms of irresponsibility. Go away with your bad personality, and wallow in shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Sloppiness and inaccuracy are terrible forms of irresponsibility. Go away with your bad personality, and wallow in shame!
    So much hate for 2.111 per cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So much hate for 2.111 per cent.
    We won't be able to Make WOW Great Again with your haphazard attitude. You're the enemy!

Looking at how they inflate the game with even more melee specs when this is one of the main problems in wow pvp at the moment, they did not learn from those mistakes at least. Melee hunter, DH, and the already existing melees are so damn easy to play and a bunch of melees running in a pack is the worst thing in this game for the opposiong team. Has been the case since vanilla, and still is to this day. Yet they add more of them and remove even more of the gap creation from ranged classes, to even remotely have a chance.

Almost everyone was unhappy with how melee heavy they made WOD, even players who main a melee class were usually stating that its hilariously easy to wipe the floor with most casters, yet here we are with legion coming up and there is almost no change in that regard.

The thing they learned is that we will gulp anything down which they stuff into our throats, and applaud them for it at their own self celebration every year at Blizzcon.

Really difficult to say. The release date and content of 7.1 will have to be the judge. Remember that 6.0 was actually not that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Voted 0%:

- LFR still exists
    - 4 difficulties still there
    - low pop, dying realms not yet merged, making WoW difficult to play there
    - menu facebook crap "gameplay" still there
    - legendary rewards from mere mobs, instead of putting them off limit for anyone but most dedicated&skilled
    - dungeons still easy. At least here we can farm to harder modes
    - removal of real PvP gear, when in fact gear should be gated by RATING, so it is only reached by those skilled&dedicated, and serve as a worthy reward
    - everyone gets an artifact weapon, instead of making them a reward for those skilled&dedicated
    - the zones are kinda small and I can foresee boredom setting in soon

Overall, after testing Legion, my opinion remains as it was in WoD: without raiding, I would quit this game in a heartbeat. I am lucky to have 2 great guilds, one pretty competitive and motivated and one full of laid back friends I can have fun with. Remove this aspect, and I would have no reasons to log, which is an immense change from the situation in Vanilla and BC.
    So much salt in one post, unbelievable...
    TL;DR:

I am a neckbeard with too much free time and that makes me entitled to having more stuff than others because, you know, i play this game not for fun, but to waive around my huge epeen in front of others, pretending that anyone cares about it.

Maybe you should just go play on the sinking Wildstar ship, cause that game is full of people like you (shows how much market value there is for catering a game exclusively to neckbeards).
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-05-21 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Well WoD's biggest mistake in my opinion was the Garrison mission table and it looks like they have learned from that mistake.
    I think the bad reward engineering in much of the content (rendering it pointless) was a bigger problem. They seem to have taken this lesson to heart though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"