Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Remember when we killed all the orcs and dragons and moved on to bigger more devastating threats?
    No, i don't remember killing them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    Taken straight from FFXIV. Only the warrior of light isn't you, it's illidan.
    Illidan is the Warrior of Light, and you're just some scrub trying to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    No, i don't remember killing them all.
    oh, sorry, my bad, we'll make up another ropey orc threat and kill them then or just turn Wrathion into a generic bad guy because you dont like story porgression
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    People who don't agree with this new Illidan lore: OMG Blizzard is ruining the story/character/lore! Because I don't agree with it, it clearly is bad writing. Because I don't like it, Blizzard sucks even more.

People who do agree with this new Illidan lore: Hey... that's pretty gooooood. Let's see how it turns out!

People who are indifferent to this new Illidan lore:
    I neither like nor hate it. Let's just see how it plays out.

At the end of the day 100% of all people will not be on board with it. It is ok too have different opinions on the direction the story is going. HOWEVER, you people who do not agree/do not like it need to put on your big kid undies and stop whining.

Being the consumer of this product, do not misconstrue that with being an almighty fiction writer and how you can do it better. If you do not like it, show Blizzard, and un-sub. Do not re-sub.

Funny thing from beta, in Durotar at Bladefist Bay where you get on the boat to the Broken Shore... there is an NPC there who's quest text talks about being angry at the captain of the ship. He says something like:

"I'm so mad that I... THAT I... will make ANGRY POSTS!"

Irrelevant to the topic but still pretty funny after viewing this thread.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is 100% real, it's a new quest that was just added in the latest Beta patch. The quest leading into it titled something along the lines of "The Goddess calls" or something of the sort, and it also mentions Elune
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    This is 100% real, it's a new quest that was just added in the latest Beta patch. The quest leading into it titled something along the lines of "The Goddess calls" or something of the sort, and it also mentions Elune
    to be more accurate:

So, the army of light were actually the Demons Hunters that Illidan sent to Argus in his novel?
    Last edited by greeeed; 2016-05-21 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I assume the "issue" the thread title refers to is that the story is completely shit? Shame Illidan isn't even a good character.
    oh well.its kinda sad really.there were massive amounts of fan who liked him(great story,badass)and now there is massive amounts who hate him.he is hated like Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    So, the army of light were actually the Demons Hunters that Illidan sent to Argus in his novel?
    No. According to the Naaru Xe'ra pictured in the screenshots, the Army of the Light is a collection of survivors of worlds conquered by the Legion, who have joined together to oppose them.

oh well.its kinda sad really.there were massive amounts of fan who liked him(great story,badass)and now there is massive amounts who hate him.he is hated like Sylvanas.
    If Illidan is "hated like Sylvanas" then that means he'll be one of the most-loved AND most-hated characters and we can look forward to a ton of deranged threads on every Warcraft forum posted over the next ten years. Bring 'em on.

Green Jesus, Purple Dante, Grey Female Satan.

Yeah, we have it all now.

Also, oh dear god why, just, why.

After complaining for years of being irritated with Blizzard for putting many story elements in novels (or comics) only and then putting events related to them in the game leaving things rather confusing (such as Varian's return, who the hell Aggra was, what happened with Garrosh between MoP and WoD, etc), rather nice to finally see Blizzard's putting something from the novel into the game ... although I'm not betting on them putting that much.

This is terrible. I wouldn't have such a problem with this if it WASNT ILLIDAN!
    Out of all the people they could've chose to lead the army of light, its the demon himself, illidan.
    That's so stupid and they would've been better off choosing anduin.
    Should have kept Illidan dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never really been an Illidan fan, tbh. He's as overrated at Arthas is.
    Sylvanas is a much greater character, Illidans persona is getting butchered.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    to be more accurate:
    Thank you. I couldn't for the life of me remember that actual title
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But I don't think everyone understands: This is extremely bad. The Naaru brought him up to be this ultimate warrior, but they didn't account on Sargeras using Illidan's body as his new Avatar.We're all fucked: The ultimate warrior is trying to kill us all, killed our leaders, and can't lead the Army of the Light because we're going to have to kill him to send Sargeras back to Argus.
    Not gonna happen this is not Supernaturtal after all.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    the burning bush Xe'ra spoke to moses Illidan and told him to lead an army against the Pharaoh the Burning Legion.
    I chuckled
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    I thought Anduin was supposed to lead that army of the light as it was foretold by velen ?!
    No, Velen just though his vision meant Anduin because he was stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, Velen just though his vision meant Anduin because he was stupid
    I'd like to see Anduin's reaction to that ^^
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Not gonna happen this is not Supernaturtal after all.
    Gul'dan is holding Illidan's body in Nighthold, after severing his spirit from it. It will very likely be used as an avatar for Kil'jaeden or Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Illidan novel,but I still find the "elder naruu" to be a bad story choice.
    Not mention ruining Illidan tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Gul'dan is holding Illidan's body in Nighthold, after severing his spirit from it. It will very likely be used as an avatar for Kil'jaeden or Sargeras.
    Sargeras at best, we will probably free him before that happens. Kil'jaeden should have his body back and be sitting in his palace on Argus if the ingame lore is anything to go by.

Not mention ruining Illidan tbh.
    How? he is the same guy doing bad things for the general good

I've never really been an Illidan fan, tbh. He's as overrated at Arthas is.
    everyone has their opinion.I like Illidan but I'm not a fanatic.he is interesting compared to the other characters.heck,Arthas and Illidan are one of the better written characters compared to other characters(not Illidan anymore since...well you know why).their fandom speaks for itself.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-05-21 at 05:19 PM.