Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    I am not whining or trying to justify botting, just giving answers because people keep asking why someone bots, then all you do is attack and accuse me of trying to justify botting.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is an addiction, everyone has some kind of vice mine just happens to be WOW. I have botted a couple times actually couple years ago just out of curiosity for less than a month and about a week recently, which got me banned. Still no regrets it's all part of life's experience.
    Does talking out of both sides of your mouth hurt your jaw? In the same reply that you say you aren't justifying botting you go on to try to justify botting. At this point I have to wonder are you serious? You saying I am attacking you? Do I have to show the posts where you attack me and others with insults? All I am doing is proving you are full of bullshit and you have helped me prove that thanks. What else are you going to make up next you are amusing me now I am going to get some popcorn.

I am not whining or trying to justify botting, just giving answers because people keep asking why someone bots, then all you do is attack and accuse me of trying to justify botting.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is an addiction, everyone has some kind of vice mine just happens to be WOW. I have botted a couple times actually couple years ago just out of curiosity for less than a month and about a week recently, which got me banned. Still no regrets it's all part of life's experience.
    Saying you botted because you couldn't be bothered to play is a justification for your reason. Whether you mean it like that or not. You chose to bot and you are choosing to make excuses for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Saying you botted because you couldn't be bothered to play is a justification for your reason. Whether you mean it like that or not. You chose to bot and you are choosing to make excuses for it.
    Still not making excuses for botting, just giving answers as to why I did it. Why do people bother to ask questions that they don't really want answers to?

Still not making excuses for botting, just giving answers as to why I did it. Why do people bother to ask questions that they don't really want answers to?
    Yes you are whether you choose to or not. "I don't have time or I cannot be bothered" is an excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have time and need to bot because the game is too boring why are you playing an RPG?
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Never understood the hate for botting, doesn't bother me, never done it but damn there's been times fishing while watching a movie (barely playing the game anyway fishing is) and wished I had one just for that... boring ass gameplay lol. But honestly, Honor bots, rotation bots, fishing bots, farming bots, don't care if they exist or if people use them and don't care if they get banned. I've run into a few, never reported them, cause... don't care.
    Try to think of this. You play in cata, and mining resourses are actually worth a damm. You are trying to get your blacksmithing up in lvl and are flying around trying to mine, but at the same time, 6-12 botters are flying around. They have done that for the last 24 hours, and they will proberly still be doing that after the next 24 hours. Botters often block off the resourses, which other players should be getting. While with other players, you can often wait for them to get bored or to have enough resourses, but botters just keep on going without sleep or the need for a maximum.

It is a horrible feeling, when you are outmatched by botters, when you just want to farm a few ores to get some work done.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes you are whether you choose to or not. "I don't have time or I cannot be bothered" is an excuse.
    Still once again not trying to justify or give excuses just trying to answer the question, why I botted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    umm yeah, that coffee was above the boiling point of water, and they had been cited in the past for it being too hot. That was NOT a frivolous lawsuit.
    If coffee was above the boiling point of water were they selling a cup of steam?

Still once again not trying to justify or give excuses just trying to answer the question, why I botted.
    Not making an excuse but here is my excuse for botting. Lol what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If coffee was above the boiling point of water were they selling a cup of steam?
    There was actually a documentary on that lawsuit, while the lady won a million dollars she only got a fraction of that money due to laws on such a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebec...7s_Restaurants
    Last edited by Balgazarr; 2016-05-21 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Try to think of this. You play in cata, and mining resourses are actually worth a damm. You are trying to get your blacksmithing up in lvl and are flying around trying to mine, but at the same time, 6-12 botters are flying around. They have done that for the last 24 hours, and they will proberly still be doing that after the next 24 hours. Botters often block off the resourses, which other players should be getting. While with other players, you can often wait for them to get bored or to have enough resourses, but botters just keep on going without sleep or the need for a maximum.

It is a horrible feeling, when you are outmatched by botters, when you just want to farm a few ores to get some work done.
    Remember those underground bots too? One would see say an ore or herb land on it see no one around and then watch it disappear. Boy that was fun or fair.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-05-21 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Not making an excuse but here is my excuse for botting. Lol what a joke.
    sigh..... still with the same crap, grow up.

Deleted

tldr: "they took er jeerbs"

Just like with real life progressing automatization you adapt or die in the ditch complaining, switched to crafting, bought mats dirtcheap from those guys and got rich instead of complaining and getting nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    tldr: "they took er jeerbs"

Just like with real life progressing automatization you adapt or die in the ditch complaining, switched to crafting, bought mats dirtcheap from those guys and got rich instead of complaining and getting nothing.
    Yet this is not about automatization, this is about some people having robots give them super powers. I could battle with some guy, who is just better at me at farming or some bot who used 5-6 hours a day farming, but a bot, which is online 24/7 is too much to battle. You can ofcourse switch, but what happends when herbing and skinning is botted aswell? Soon, the entire game has really lost it gathering profession, since normal humans will never be able to get close to a herb, before some bot has target locked itself onto it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except its required to make raid food /shrug, as I said I don't, nor have I ever done it, but I can see why people do and I couldn't give two shits in a tin can if they decide to, that's all i'm saying
    You can just buy it from someone else, you're not required to fish.
    People that use bots should have their account removed with every game tied to it.

Deleted
    Yet this is not about automatization, this is about some people having robots give them super powers. I could battle with some guy, who is just better at me at farming or some bot who used 5-6 hours a day farming, but a bot, which is online 24/7 is too much to battle. You can ofcourse switch, but what happends when herbing and skinning is botted aswell? Soon, the entire game has really lost it gathering profession, since normal humans will never be able to get close to a herb, before some bot has target locked itself onto it.
    Actually all gathering proffessions got botted since bc if not earlier (didn't take notice before). And it's as you say, you couldn't compete with them. It doesn't really matter if they hacked or just botted, either way your time would be wasted trying to compete in gathering. That's why switching to crafting and using them was much better. I live comfortably til today from the gold i made bc-wotlk crafting at high profit margin due to buying large ammounts of goods from those people for way below market price.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-05-21 at 02:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually all gathering proffessions got botted since bc if not earlier (didn't take notice before). And it's as you say, you couldn't compete with them. It doesn't really matter if they hacked or just botted, either way your time would be wasted trying to compete in gathering. That's why switching to crafting and using them was much better. I live comfortably til today from the gold i made bc-wotlk crafting at high profit margin due to buying large ammounts of goods from those people for way below market price.
    Then there is something wrong with the gathering system, if it is so easy to bot. I don't like overusing the AH, i don't care about market price; i just want to play the game and do things on my own outside of raiding and group content. Botters can completly block me from doing that, forcing me into using the AH, when the AH should really only be an option, not the only way.

Blizzard should just extend the gathering process, make it more time taking and make it so that more people can partake in the gathering before an area/zone is maxed out..... I just find it annoying to see botters get an advantage, just because they cheated and bought a mod for the game .

Deleted
    Then there is something wrong with the gathering system, if it is so easy to bot. I don't like overusing the AH, i don't care about market price; i just want to play the game and do things on my own outside of raiding and group content. Botters can completly block me from doing that, forcing me into using the AH, when the AH should really only be an option, not the only way.

Blizzard should just extend the gathering process, make it more time taking and make it so that more people can partake in the gathering before an area/zone is maxed out..... I just find it annoying to see botters get an advantage, just because they cheated and bought a mod for the game .
    it would be easy to make nodes a personal thing if you just want to be able to gather but it wouldn't fix the market. The core issue is your time as a real person is more valuable than a bot's and they will always outfarm real people which means your time spend gathering will be vastly devalued wich makes it smarter to never gather and just buy to gain more ressources for the same time investment.

I think the only legit solution to stop bots farming would be to set a daily limit to gathering but that would piss also real hardcore players off. Something like captchas doesn't hold up as they get also bypassed nowadays.

7+ Year Old Account
    it would be easy to make nodes a personal thing if you just want to be able to gather but it wouldn't fix the market. The core issue is your time as a real person is more valuable than a bot's and they will always outfarm real people which means your time spend gathering will be vastly devalued wich makes it smarter to never gather and just buy to gain more ressources for the same time investment.

I think the only legit solution to stop bots farming would be to set a daily limit to gathering but that would piss also real hardcore players off. Something like captchas doesn't hold up as they get also bypassed nowadays.
    I think you are misunderstanding me a bit. Im not trying to beat a bot in anyway, im trying to be better on the market. What i am complaining about, is that bots can stop none-profit gatheres from doing their profession, which they use to improve their own performence. I am always gonna use more time then bots, and many other players, and i really don't mind that. What i mind, is that it can be nearly impossible to find a point of time, where gathering nodes or herbs can be done, if bots are swarming your server, since they will always react faster then a person. I could always just camp a spawnpoint, but then i am idle, which is a loss when it comes to gameplay.

daily caps are indeed not a good thing, since when bots are away or low in numbers, gathering a ton of resourses can be quite enjoyable and time consuming. I would not want that removed.

Well these threads are always slightly amusing.
    sigh..... still with the same crap, grow up.
    Addicted cheater telling others to grow up. Badumts.
    I live comfortably til today from the gold i made bc-wotlk crafting at high profit margin due to buying large ammounts of goods from those people for way below market price.
    You seem to be under the impression that's some sort of accomplishment.