Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Florida seems to have a lot of theme park"family fun" place in the state and it is warm so...that appeals to people who...have families and like / want warm weather.
    Vegas IS adult fun...there may be things for the under 21's to do..but the majority of Vegas is for adults.
    You could try Southern California, Disney Land,Universal Studios,Lego Land and then some Hollywood related "tours" as well.
    Nor Cal is..kind of like NY , $$$ and not a lot of "family fun parks" but , the coastline is beautiful as is wine country and there are fun "road trip" places to go IF you are willing to drive while on vacation

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I visited Florida in 1991. Would love to return alas flight time is too long
    A LOT of stuff has been added to FL since then. You wouldn't even recognize it. If you had fun in 1991 you'd have a blast now. Especially if you have money. If you have money and go to FL you will love life because it will be paradise.

- - - Updated - - -

His location says Iowa
    It does, but I've talked to him and he said he is European and not American. Also take "location" on here with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    The Grand Canyon is the best family friendly holiday location in America.
    WTF do you do at the Grand Canyon for 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Florida seems to have a lot of theme park"family fun" place in the state and it is warm so...that appeals to people who...have families and like / want warm weather.
    Vegas IS adult fun...there may be things for the under 21's to do..but the majority of Vegas is for adults.
    You could try Southern California, Disney Land,Universal Studios,Lego Land and then some Hollywood related "tours" as well.
    Nor Cal is..kind of like NY , $$$ and not a lot of "family fun parks" but , the coastline is beautiful as is wine country and there are fun "road trip" places to go IF you are willing to drive while on vacation
    FL has adult fun and family fun. Try Ybor city for example. ADULTS only.

WTF do you do at the Grand Canyon for 2 weeks
    There's lots to do. Just have a look online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    A LOT of stuff has been added to FL since then. You wouldn't even recognize it. If you had fun in 1991 you'd have a blast now. Especially if you have money. If you have money and go to FL you will love life because it will be paradise.
    I imagine I would - I am a little envious of kids today that experience Disneyworld and Universal Studios as it's definitely a lot different than 25 years ago. If it wasn't soo far I would definitely go during Winter

10+ Year Old Account
    'Tis a silly place, they may be competing with Australia. They've imported Burmese pythons, Lionfish and now Nile crocodiles to keep things more lively. I suspect that the state bird is the mosquito.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    There's lots to do. Just have a look online.
    For two freaking weeks?!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    His location says Iowa
    He is right though. We haven't had a great fire issue since the late 90's and now they do a lot of controlled burns to stop it from getting out of control. Hurricane wise we are greatly over due. I believe 2004 was when we were hit multiple time in one summer. Where I am in northern Florida we haven't been hit since the 1940s and we will be devastated when we do because we have the oldest tree growth in the state. But a tropical Storm upto a CAT2 is nothing to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    'Tis a silly place, they may be competing with Australia. They've imported Burmese pythons, Lionfish and now Nile crocodiles to keep things more lively. I suspect that the state bird is the mosquito.
    Wait, when did they import crocodiles

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hes being sarcastic but we do have an exotics issue for sure.

Edit: you get paid to kill the pythons.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/flori...-reward-2013-1

10+ Year Old Account
    When Lionfish and pythons weren't enough! http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...519-story.html
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    They have Floridaman, the guy who slings alligators into fast food restaurants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    It does, but I've talked to him and he said he is European and not American. Also take "location" on here with a grain of salt.
    Of course it evades someone like you that people can live on two different parts of the planet.
    I am European and live in Iowa, near Council Bluffs in the Omaha, NE metro. And in Germany in Northern Bavaria. All regulars here know that.
    Now, it also speaks for you that you can't comprehend when people make jokes, which was my reference to Hurricanes and Wildfires.
    But then again. Wildfires are a stable event in FL, every year. More or less severe, but they happen every year.
    There was just a small one less than 2 weeks ago
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/w...city/182924869

Same goes for Hurricane season.
    Every year FL is subjected to Hurricanes. Just because they don't cause casualties, or fall apart to tropical storms before landfall does not change that fact either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They have Floridaman.
    You would be amazed what doesn't make it into the national news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They have Floridaman.
    I don't know what that is

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what that is
    Unfortunately florida is prone to crazy people. that do crazy things.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/floridaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Listrata View Post
    Unfortunately florida is prone to crazy people. that do crazy things.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/floridaman
    I think that's just a stereotype.
    Crazy lives everywhere.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think that's just a stereotype.
    Crazy lives everywhere.
    Oh, I fully agree.

Honestly Florida used to be viewed as a retirement state, but yeah now it is definitely viewed as a vacation state. California used to be tops but it is too expensive now for visitors. Grand Canyon is nice, but Arizona is limited to what it can offer tourists.

New York city is a tourist attraction, but it is a place you can stay for a week and see everything relatively easy. Compared to Florida it would take you more than a week to visit beaches on both coasts and the tourist spots.

St. Augustine
    Crystal Springs
    Mermaids at Wikki Wachee
    Miami
    Tampa
    Ybor
    Sarasota
    Fort De Soto
    Everglades

Beaches, manatees, spring water, clear rivers, paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, fossil hunting, lighting fulgurites, etc