Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I would love to see the Syndicate once more.
    I won't go over the rest of your post because I feel like we've gone over it so many times by now, that the thought of doing it one more time makes me want to rip out my eyes... however.....

This is the true crime of Warlords of Draenor.

The Argus Wake should have been involved with Legion, however I doubt they are even canonical at this point. I don't really blame blizzard for not making the Argus Wake the plot device for summoning the Legion into Azeroth, I mean really how many people in the player base even know they exist outside the few people who actually read the quests on Arathi Highlands? (I never did Arathi from an Alliance perspective thus do not know if their existence was told to Alliance players, and I've not done Arathi since Cata started.)

Just fucking sucks that Blizzard had to pull timely limey bullshittery to bring Guldan back just to summon the Legion to Azeroth, I really feel at this point with both AU Grom, and Yrel falling off the map that WoD was just a giant explanation for why Guldan is a thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I don't want playable High Elves for lore reasons, but I would still enjoy them visually due to transmogrification stuff. Lots of cool things that would look better with their soft blue eyes rather than Blood Elves' green. The Death Knights' blinding headlights don't cut it.
    I sometimes hope for pure Vanity reasons that I could have blue eyes on my Paladin just so it could match my T3.

http://i.imgur.com/zjD36DA.jpg

However, there are some weapons, like the spear from Ulduar that have green glowly bits on them, that the Blood elf eyes really compliment that just would not be the same if I had blue eyes....
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-05-21 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    But they're different from high elves now, different from how they use to be. Altho there is a political difference, the actual dividing point is the philosophical difference. Blood Elves pursue things in a different way, different mindset. Cunning, suspicious, agressive, no time for high ideals.

High Elves on the other hand, stick to their peoples ideals as it developed over the millennia. That is, noble, , graious i.e. your Tolkein typeset Elves in attitude..

Atm, the difference hasn't been expounded upon much, and you see the High elves being portrayed in rather hateful of blood elves light, rather than their old selves. It is not beyond reason to see a situation arise in the story where a group of different High Elves to the Silver Covenant decide to move back in without becoming Blood Elves. A force of HIgh ELves and Half Elves strong enough and numerous enough.

They retain their high elf identity, but under their matron Alleria, do so with the blood elves. Whiles they are not enemies with alliance, they are with their people, and will appear neutral or even unfriendly with the horde.

Eventually should playable sub-races occur you can sub-race on the horde as a high elf. You are one of the high elven people proud of your heritage, but willing to explore this new horde. You appear neutral to alliance, and unfrinedly to horde, but working up faction reps would improve that. You can't do alliance quests, but you can access their cities. You appear neutral to alliance players, but you can be attacked by them or attack them if you are on a pvp realm, and ofc in BGs too but in BGs you also fight horde so it doesn't matter. You are an exception, not the norm, the story is that the Allerian High Elves are friendly to the alliance but netural to the horde too, except the blood elves which they are friendly withi. They build up the second half of Silvermoon City, which becomes half blue half half red. or blizzard can make it such that the blood elves finished repairing it so it's all red. UP to them.

The Silver Covenant still remain an alliance only group of High Elves, hostile to the horde etc, but this is the situation.
    I cringed so hard on this 1...sorry what a load of bull in so many ways.. specially the part of half blue half red silvermoon.

We play high elves which changed their name of the fallen. We dont need to fleshed ut story of high elves which we already have. High elves dont add anything we dont already have.

So I am gonna say a big nogo red light on this 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    What is that lore that makes it impossible for a race that is already part of Alliance and is present almost everywhere to be playable? That population BS again? Please let's stop with these excuses for hate. If a few adventure seekers from a Wandering Isle can be a playable race, on both factions no less, a military wing of Dalaran can be as well. The only real argument of them not being playable is their similarity to Blood Elves which is a gameplay issue and that's it.

You are delusional then. And yes, if all that blood elf-high elf split wouldn't have happened and high elves simply would have joined the Horde I personally wouldn't have been agitating for them since it is impossible for a race to change a faction for obvious reasons.
    First off, the High Elves did join the Horde. That is what happened. A tiny, tiny minority didn't. When you use the word split it implies something whole broke into two or more substantial pieces. That is NOT what happened. A better word would be flaked. A few High Elves 'flaked' off from the main body of their race...betraying their country essentially...and today act as rabble rousers.

As for the population issue.

1.) Blizzard supported it in the Caydiem blue post.

2.) Blizzard doubled down it on it in the Warcraft encyclopedia post

"In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves do not gather in any significant numbers, nor do they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture--only a past filled with glory and regret."

Please bear in mind that this was written BEFORE the formation of the Silver Covenant, which does count as a gathering in significant numbers. Now, you can easily argue that the High Elves managed to create a new organization because that is what they have done. What you cannot argue is that they somehow created new, fully adult High Elves in great numbers.

3.) Blizzard affirmed that the Warcraft encyclopedia was canon in a loreology tweet

"While there might be some updates to it, its disappearance doesn't mean it's no longer canonical." I include this because, as with any official source, the firs thing a pro High Elfer likes to do is come up with reasons why an official statement that mitigates against playable High Elves doesn't count.

Finally, every pro High Elfer likes pissing on the population point because they hold up Gnomes who lost a ton of their people, they hold up Pandaren from one island, they hold up all the races of Warcraft and say 'THESE GUYS ARE PLAYABLE DESPITE LOW NUMBERS!' And they are correct, those races are playable despite their low numbers.

You know which other race has comparably low numbers to Gnomes and Draenei and Tauren? Blood Elves. 90% of their race died during the Scourge invasion and they are perilously close to extinction.

And the High Elves are just a fragment of that, the remnant of a remnant. The population issue only applies to them because no other group has a population that low. And since the Caydiem post and since the Encyclopedia entry was written those numbers HAVE DECLINED.

The Pandaren are in no way comparable to the High Elves. They come from a small village on the back of a turtle. And yet there is still enough of a civilization there to justify them being playable. High Elves don't even come close to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Whatever happened to Northem? Curious how he'd react to Calia saying Lordaeron is dead and whatever they'redoing with Alleria.
    Northem gave up on Elves and Calia and instead migrated to the Mage forums where he has been regaling us with his ideas on what Mage talents should look like as well as fixating on the extremely important issue that Fire Mages should only use fire spells, Arcane Mages arcane and Frost Mages frost.

It has had predictable results.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2016-05-21 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    no, this group is a group that return with Alleria and Turalyon, and has grown to a sizeable number. Lots of High elves and half elves too.

turns out time flows differently on the worlds Alleria and Turalyon went too, and Elves can be pretty horny when they feel they are stuck and not surrounded by the comforts of their Elven home. By the time they get back, they are a large group. That keep their high elven identity and seek to return their bretheren to it. Whiles for their sake they stay out of the faction conflict, you can play a high elf, that opts to gets a little bit more involved and explore the new horde. but you are very much an exception.

In order to make the experience more authentic, High Elf sub-race players will be neutral to alliance factions, but unable to take quests with them. They will start off as unfriendly to horde but you will have to improve that with the rep you get from quests.
    This is just a big pile of fanfic isn't it?
    You are moving hell just so your BloodElves can have blue eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    (Sorry Zulkhan, you're my favorite Troll)
    Yeah well, from my part I like Trolls and Tauren, like Orcs and Forsaken/Undead as well (just to a lesser extent) kinda like Goblins and no, I don't like Blood Elves at all. I like their lore because is objectively richer than most, but I don't like the race itself, I never did and never will. I tolerate them, I'm not mad about their addition, but I'm frank when I say that I would have picked Zul'jin and the whole of his Forest Trolls over them without a blink of an eye. However, I fully understand the reasons for why Blood Elves have been added instead so well, what's done is done.

When it comes to the Alliance, I literally dislike every single one of its races except Dwarves (FTW) and Worgen/Gilneans (who, as you said, are more a culture rather than a race). Of course, considered that I don't even like Horde Blood Elves, "Alliance High Elves" looks even more horribad in my eyes.

But apart this, my reasons to not want High Elves has nothing to do with personal tastes or faction preferences, I deem it an absolutely illogical choice, rooted on nostalgia and inability to get over things. It's on the same level of those who can't accept Blood Elves as Horde race. If anything, my only personal reason to not want them is not really because I'm afraid that the Alliance is going to "steal an Horde race", I don't care about Blood Elves to begin with, my personal reason is about the fact that the number of Alliance races I like are already on the minimum and adding "blue-eyed Blood Elves" would only worsen the situation. So no, I don't want them for every imaginable reason, be it personal or logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

most of my alliance friends want troggs as playable race

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if one day the Alliance will indeed get High Elves and the Horde something entirely new. I'm so sure man that people are still going to complain. ''Sure, we finally got High Elves after so long but why does the Horde gets a completely new and fresh race unlike us who got a copy of Blood Elves'' lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Imagine if one day the Alliance will indeed get High Elves and the Horde something entirely new. I'm so sure man that people are still going to complain. ''Sure, we finally got High Elves after so long but why does the Horde gets a completely new and fresh race unlike us who got a copy of Blood Elves'' lmao.
    Jokes aside, that's precisely what'll happen. People shout for playable High Elves because it's almost an internet sport doing it, but if the Horde will get something interesting and actually new, the moment this irrational excitement for High Elves will die out and people will see them for what they effectively are, you'll see how the majority of Alliance players will accuse Blizzard of having robbed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    This is just a big pile of fanfic isn't it?
    You are moving hell just so your BloodElves can have blue eyes.
    ofc it is, but i'll hardly compare it to moving hell, or pretty much most of what you get in warcraft, hey, I don't think you're getting me here. I'm not fighting for anything i dn't feel a great need for this, just chatting and speculating. It's not really fanfic it's not like I dream of this and badly want it to happen, it may be nice, but whatever....it's a potential scenario of how high elves could be possible on the horde. funnily enough i haven't seen any other ideas yet about how. I personally I am of two minds. I like what high elves are supposed to be and I think warcraft has a place for that fantasy, i mean it creates rooms for quite a lot of fantasies I don't see why it should suddenly ditch one of the biggest ones in the genre just because some people have some biased aversion to Tolkein elves.

On the other hand, a part of me wants blood elves to be the only option available for that race, so players won't keep been torn over the horde and alliance. Ofc this can be achieved by presenting blood elves independent of the horde, but as long as the game has this super narrow 2-faction supreme focus that independence would still continue silly fights for horde or alliance ownership.

They could like freeze high elves until warcraft moves on past wow and it's two faction system, then when there is no such bias like in a new game or a different set up, they can play a role again, but that has problems, one such being it won't end the requests.

But I also like that you have several facets to the blood elves, high elves being one of them, thier root group. it's nice to have complexities makes it more real, interesting and varied. But I fear consolidating everything int o blood elves will lose the blood elf uniqueness and effectively make them into exactly high elves just on the horde and I mean in attitude/everything - because it was actually their more dangerous devious / bad boy style that made them unique from the tolkein styled high elves, and that was interesting too, it shouldn't die but it will if high elves are killed off.

So , in my opinion, they should extend the lore, create room within the blood elves on the horde for high elves there also and it can be achieved without removing high elves from the alliance. A bubble that allows the most alliance friendly way a horde player can be while still being horde. This way blood elves can continue to be a bit less pristine, especially if you add elements like re-habilitated Wretched, who can turn out to be rough/drug rehab/drug addict like styled BElves, darker more sinister San'layn type bieng a part and influencing things while you have polar opposite high elves and more in-between majority normal blood elves.

I just think it would be more interesting and ofc hey everyone who's wanted can get to play their high elf fantasy, and maybe they might realize it's been there all along, just as a different name.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I cringed so hard on this 1...sorry what a load of bull in so many ways.. specially the part of half blue half red silvermoon.

We play high elves which changed their name of the fallen. We dont need to fleshed ut story of high elves which we already have. High elves dont add anything we dont already have.

So I am gonna say a big nogo red light on this 1.
    I just see bias here, . I'm not saying you are wrong, everything you said is correct, to some degree or another. Logic is not the driving factor for wow at all. It was born out of fantasy nostalgia D&D, many quitters come back out of that. And playing a fantasy is the biggest attraction and fascination of that.

So you can add many illogical new things, I mean who's needed any new race or most of the additions? We haven't yet, they've been given, created new fantasies, or different versions of existing ones, something nice or different to look at, i mean hey, is this that different? As similar as they might be, high elves and blood elves have differences, putting a microscope to them actually creates a desirable or different alternative.

At the end of the day YOU may not want it, but it is clear there are those who do. Not every race or sub-group is for you, it doesn't have to be. You still get blood elves even with high elves on the horde. Those who wanted them well , they get to play them. On the horde too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Where the hell are you gonna find a bunch of high elves? The blood elfs are really the only reamnent of the high elves, and they have already joined the horde. If i have missed some high elf homeland, plz explain.
    You just quoted the answer. Are you trolling me? A whole bunch return with Alleria Windrunner from wherever she and her husband and their army has been.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-05-21 at 02:46 PM.

San'layn=undead elves=forsaken

Alliance should have a new human race, with pink eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I'd rather get Nightborne for the Horde if we were ever going to get High Elves, but personally I don't think it's likely.
    Yes, this would be something I could settle with.

7+ Year Old Account
    ofc it is, it's a potential scenario of how high elves could be possible on the horde. funnily enough i haven't seen any other ideas yet about how. I personally I am of two minds. I like what high elves are supposed to be and I think warcraft has a place for that fantasy, i mean it creates rooms for quite a lot of fantasies I don't see why it should suddenly ditch one of the biggest ones in the genre just because some people have some biased aversion to Tolkein elves.

On the other hand, a part of me wants blood elves to be the only option available for that race, so players won't keep been torn over the horde and alliance. Ofc this can be achieved by presenting blood elves independent of the horde, but as long as the game has this super narrow 2-faction supreme focus that independence would still continue silly fights for horde or alliance ownership.

They could like freeze high elves until warcraft moves on past wow and it's two faction system, then when there is no such bias like in a new game or a different set up, they can play a role again, but that has problems, one such being it won't end the requests.

But I also like that you have several facets to the blood elves, high elves being one of them, thier root group. it's nice to have complexities makes it more real, interesting and varied. But I fear consolidating everything int o blood elves will lose the blood elf uniqueness and effectively make them into exactly high elves just on the horde and I mean in attitude/everything - because it was actually their more dangerous devious / bad boy style that made them unique from the tolkein styled high elves, and that was interesting too, it shouldn't die but it will if high elves are killed off.

So , in my opinion, they should extend the lore, create room within the blood elves on the horde for high elves there also and it can be achieved without removing high elves from the alliance. A bubble that allows the most alliance friendly way a horde player can be while still being horde. This way blood elves can continue to be a bit less pristine, especially if you add elements like re-habilitated Wretched, who can turn out to be rough/drug rehab/drug addict like styled BElves, darker more sinister San'layn type bieng a part and influencing things while you have polar opposite high elves and more in-between majority normal blood elves.

I just think it would be more interesting and ofc hey everyone who's wanted can get to play their high elf fantasy, and maybe they might realize it's been there all along, just as a different name.

- - - Updated - - -

I just see bias here, . I'm not saying you are wrong, everything you said is correct, to some degree or another. Logic is not the driving factor for wow at all. It was born out of fantasy nostalgia D&D, many quitters come back out of that. And playing a fantasy is the biggest attraction and fascination of that.

So you can add many illogical new things, I mean who's needed any new race or most of the additions? We haven't yet, they've been given, created new fantasies, or different versions of existing ones, something nice or different to look at, i mean hey, is this that different? As similar as they might be, high elves and blood elves have differences, putting a microscope to them actually creates a desirable or different alternative.

At the end of the day YOU may not want it, but it is clear there are those who do. Not every race or sub-group is for you, it doesn't have to be. You still get blood elves even with high elves on the horde. Those who wanted them well , they get to play them. On the horde too.

- - - Updated - - -

You just quoted the answer. Are you trolling me? A whole bunch return with Alleria Windrunner from wherever she and her husband and their army has been.
    Splitting the blood elfs into a dual faction race is just a shitty way to add a new race to the horde. The blood elfs are not the high elfs, not anymore. And the Alleria Windrunner thing is just bullshit. There is no reason to think, that she has an entire nation of high elfs with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Can we actually get a cool race? Warcraft has enough playable Elf races ... I want something new, totally out of the blue, but something beasty for the Alliance. Something like a giant rock golem or something. Fed up of all this wimpy races on the Alliance.
    Agreed. The elfs are overused. There are many other unique races in Warcraft, which can be adapted to being playable. Would rather see some ogres, nagas, etherals or humanoid demons become playable, then a reskin of the blood elfs.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Jokes aside, that's precisely what'll happen. People shout for playable High Elves because it's almost an internet sport doing it, but if the Horde will get something interesting and actually new, the moment this irrational excitement for High Elves will die out and people will see them for what they effectively are, you'll see how the majority of Alliance players will accuse Blizzard of having robbed them.
    Exactly, and that's why this is a very sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Splitting the blood elfs into a dual faction race is just a shitty way to add a new race to the horde. The blood elfs are not the high elfs, not anymore. And the Alleria Windrunner thing is just bullshit. There is no reason to think, that she has an entire nation of high elfs with her.
    Hey I was thinking of political thing here, and sub-race .. don't confuse me with others asking for a full race. Don't be one of those people who generalize everyone as the same. I'm talking about a specific thing here.

but I understand that that may not stop you from thinking its still a poor idea. And yet it is the exact sort of thing that highlights that blood elves are not the high elves anymore, they are their own unique people. similar but unique.

And lol. I'm not thinking Alleria Windrunner has a whole nation with her, I'm "what if" I'm inventing a narrative that can explain playable high elves. We don't know what or who Alleria has with her, it could just be her, or maybe she went to another world where time passes differently, 100s of years have passed, the power of that world or maybe the naaru with them ensured no one died, but now they are a large enough group.

I mean all the stroies in wow come out seemingly from nowhere. it's an idea not a fact.

this is not very difficult in queldanas there are high elves and their representative is auric

Auric joins Lor'themar and Rommath in congratulating the sin'dorei hero who had restored the blade. He states that now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of their lands, referencing the quel'dorei and sin'dorei collectively as the "children of Silvermoon."

High elves shouldn't be a playable race, not enough of them to be one, as stated before. Now, I'm not a hater like some people on these forums, but high elves should strictly remain a playable "subrace" at best. That's of course, whenever we get subraces.

And lol. I'm not thinking Alleria Windrunner has a whole nation with her, I'm "what if" I'm inventing a narrative that can explain playable high elves. We don't know what or who Alleria has with her, it could just be her, or maybe she went to another world where time passes differently, 100s of years have passed, the power of that world or maybe the naaru with them ensured no one died, but now they are a large enough group.

I mean all the stroies in wow come out seemingly from nowhere. it's an idea not a fact.
    She went to Outland with a single ranger cadre, most of which remained there. Alleria might have been on her shenanigans for 1.000 years, but the army they worked with was crushed by the legion.

Lor'themar Theron says: You are a hero and an inspiration to the sin'dorei, <name>, a symbol of our endurance in the face of tragedy and treachery.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: The regent speaks truly, <name>. Thalorien's sacrifice could not prevent the fall of this very Sunwell.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: When you found the sword, it was broken and abandoned, much like Silvermoon after Kael'thas's betrayal.
    Grand Magister Rommath says: Let Quel'Delar be a sign that we will never give up, that we will face any enemy without fear.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: Quel'Delar is not held in high esteem by the sin'dorei alone. It holds a place in the heart of all children of Silvermoon.
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: This blade has been returned to us for a reason, my lords. Now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of Silvermoon and the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She went to Outland with a single ranger cadre, most of which remained there. Alleria might have been on her shenanigans for 1.000 years, but the army they worked with was crushed by the legion.
    until it isn't ofc.. such is the game of lore, and probably why speculation threads are pointless.