Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Those aren't nationalities. And as previously mentioned, it's all on the website. It states that Torbjörn has his base of operations in Gothenburg, Sweden and Pharah has hers in Giza, Egypt. Why would you even guess Native American? Just.. weird.
    Probably the reason he guessed that is because she has a Native American looking skin in the game.
    Last edited by zOObie; 2016-05-21 at 03:00 PM.

Pharah - Native American?
    Top.
    KEK!
    XD
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Her Raptora armour always felt like it looks very Egyptian to me. Also, the mark under her eye.
    The face painting thing along with her sun-kissed complexion with long straight hair is what made me think she was native american. She also has a native american skin.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    How is it obvious? I would have guessed Israel way before Egypt as Israel has one of the most advanced and disciplined militaries on the planet.
    Her name, her default armor look looks like a falcon (horus), the mark under her eye, etc ...
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Is Los Angeles in Mexico in the Overwatch Universe?

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/19809396/

"Overwatch's short list of prospective agents included two members of the soldier enhancement program: Morrison and Gabriel Reyes, a senior officer. Reyes, a hardened and highly respected veteran, grew up about as far from rustic Indiana as you could get—the sprawling urban melting pot of Los Angeles."
    Well it's north mexico irl

Trying to figure out each hero's nationality. Let me know what you guys think.

Genji, Hanzo - Japan

Mei - China

D. VA - Korea

McCree, Soldier 76, Winston, Reaper?, Bastion - USA

Tracer - Britain

Reinhardt, Mercy - Germany

Torbjorn - Scandinavia?

Zenyatta - Nepal

Pharah - Native American?

Widowmaker - France

Lucio - Brazil

Zarya - Russia

Junkrat, Roadhog - Australia

Symmetra - India
    Pharah is Egyptian, Reaper is from Los Angeles.

Her Raptora armour always felt like it looks very Egyptian to me. Also, the mark under her eye.
    The mark under her eye is the big give away. It (combined with her eye itself) makes the image of the Eye of Horus.

Deleted
    you forgot her name which is probably the closest you can come to a female version(is pharaoh gender neutral?) of the title Pharaoh or at least a GIANT hint to that same title.

The face painting thing along with her sun-kissed complexion with long straight hair is what made me think she was native american. She also has a native american skin.
    That she has a native american skin option is more an odd choice by Blizzard than anything else, since the "face painting" (it's really a tattoo) is something so distinctly Egyptian.

There's also additional voice work in the game itself tied to her being Egyptian.

The native american skin is the outlier. Though, it's not the only one that is inspired by a culture, location, or stereotype not tied to the character that has it - Zenyatta's "Djinnyata" skin is themed around an Arabic style and the concept of Djinn comes from Arabian/Islamic mythology, while Zenyatta himself hailed originally from Nepal and is clearly styled around the idea of him being a Tibetan style monk. Mercy's additional skins draw inspiration from Norse mythology (despite her being being apparently Swiss) as well as a counter-image to the "angelic" style via the devlish imp style skins.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2016-05-21 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Torbjorn - Ironforge
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    That she has a native american skin option is more an odd choice by Blizzard than anything else, since the "face painting" (it's really a tattoo) is something so distinctly Egyptian.

There's also additional voice work in the game itself tied to her being Egyptian.

The native american skin (which looks great) is the outlier.
    Guess I'm the only one who didn't know Egyptians had face paintings as well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Is Los Angeles in Mexico in the Overwatch Universe?
    Maybe Mexico crosses the Trump Wall and takes Texas and California as reparations :P

How is it obvious? I would have guessed Israel way before Egypt as Israel has one of the most advanced and disciplined militaries on the planet.
    Eye of Horus under her eye.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not very common, the Eye of Horus is usually depicted on cartouches etc rather than in face tattoos. Sometimes people draw them on in makeup.

Modern Egyptians don't often do throwbacks to ancient Egypt though. The descendants of the ancient Egyptians are the Copts and they almost entirely converted to Christianity. Presumably Pharah's family is different, or there's been a revival in the Overwatch universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    you forgot her name which is probably the closest you can come to a female version(is pharaoh gender neutral?) of the title Pharaoh or at least a GIANT hint to that same title.
    Yes. /10char
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Reaper is from LA if I'm not mistaken. not shocking really...

Never played him. If I wanted weapons that do the aiming/shooting for me, I'd DL aimbot hacks... Never was a fan of turret/sentry gun classes.
    That's because you play him incorrectly. He has a gun too, and it deals pretty good damage considering. You aren't supposed to pick your ass when playing him, the turret is a supplement to his own attack.

Not sure I'd say Bastion is American and Zenyatta from Nepal. Sure, Zenyatta has his/its base of operations there, and Bastion just wanders the world, but I doubt thay've said where they are made

Not common, as Mormolyce said.

Why she has it as a tattoo is mentioned in her comic.

Either way, it's a distinctly Egyptian design.

uhhh mabye how she speaks, and the eye (tatoo?) thing she has?

also have you not seen her skins?

also the name PHARA? idk ferrow? (or however its spelt, im tired)

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    You know, because it's not like he says in game that he's Swedish.
    It does on the website.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by zOObie View Post
    Probably the reason he guessed that is because she has a Native American looking skin in the game.
    no. what? no. She does not. Jesus christ. what the hell is "native american looking" skin? what new height of ignorism is this?

Its obvious she's egyption for anyone with even a little exposure to OW.