Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF it's been like that since the 90s... Especially during Summer
    Dratz, Cali needs to step up its game. We have some cool shit, or we had it before the drought. -_-

Beaches are still great and the sights are still great but alas our ski resorts suffer and the lakes aren't what they used to be. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It depends on where you live in the US. Florida is one of 4 states I haven't been to. If you live on the northern eastern seaboard then Florida seems to be the generic vacation spot for many. For me there is no reason to go there unless some unique thing pops up and a close family member or friend gets married there or something.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Check out the panhandle next time you head down. It's a different world up here compared to Miami.

The weather is better in California, but I like the people here more.

So I spend time in both places.
    I actually agree to that, California has some great people, but we couple that with some really unlovable cunts and pricks. Florida had a nice gradient of good people when I went there and other than some biker trash I saw at Daytona (And alas Biker trash is currently infecting everywhere) it was great.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Dratz, Cali needs to step up its game. We have some cool shit, or we had it before the drought. -_-

Beaches are still great and the sights are still great but alas our ski resorts suffer and the lakes aren't what they used to be. D:
    The drought has been going on for a few decades. Not too many people on here are going to be old enough to know a pre drought California and more then likely none of us will live long enough to see a post drought California.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted

California does advertise too... We had this annoying ad

Just don't say you're ex's name while you're having sex in Florida...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Problem with that for me is the abject crushing poverty of the people. Sure you live like a king in your resort, but travel out among the people and the poverty is soul crushing and depressing. Unless you dgaf.

American Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico would be cool.
    Poverty is bad in Hawaii too.

I actually agree to that, California has some great people, but we couple that with some really unlovable cunts and pricks. Florida had a nice gradient of good people when I went there and other than some biker trash I saw at Daytona (And alas Biker trash is currently infecting everywhere) it was great.
    I think if I had gotten more out of Laguna (the times I spent in Venice were awesome, same with my friends up in Humbolt) I'd have enjoyed it more. Alas, that's where the food and art was.

We don't have the bikers (other than bike week), just the usual good old fashioned southern bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Dude...I live in FL and everyone from the other 49 states wants to move here....infact they are. I can't go out without seeing a license plate that reads "New York" or "New Jersey" or some other northern shithole.
    Seeing a plate hardly means they moved there though. Florida used to be the like, go to retirement state though I know, don't know about anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    California does advertise too... We had this annoying ad

They aired that ad IN CALIFORNIA! I was in Santa Cruz and saw that ad and I was like "Well thanks for telling us..... maybe run that on east coast?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Problem with that for me is the abject crushing poverty of the people. Sure you live like a king in your resort, but travel out among the people and the poverty is soul crushing and depressing. Unless you dgaf.

American Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico would be cool.
    I wish America Samoa was advertised more for tourism...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I think if I had gotten more out of Laguna (the times I spent in Venice were awesome, same with my friends up in Humbolt) I'd have enjoyed it more. Alas, that's where the food and art was.

We don't have the bikers (other than bike week), just the usual good old fashioned southern bigotry.
    Maybe I can't tell southern bigot's apart from biker trash, mainly because in California our biker trash dress like the typical southern bigoted trash. *shrug* It all looks the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Or it just evades you a bit?
    it's of course not part of the sunny feelgood commercials, like FL or Caribbean, Ibiza kind of stuff.
    Honestly I would never suggest NY as a vacation spot. It's not that interesting to me, aside from the Zoo maybe and Central Park. Usually I hate even being there though for more than 3 hours, so maybe it's just me.

Is Florida considered a popular family holiday/vacation location for Americans?
    Yes. Because Disney World/Florida spends A LOT of money on advertising. There are other theme parks in Florida and tons of beach getaways too.

Altogether it's rather cheap means of having a "vacation" for families vis-a-vis going to the Bahamas or Tahiti.

I worked at Disney World as a chef.

Florida is a living wretched hellscape. The advertisements are lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    NYC is almost never advertised here as a holiday destination
    Most cities aren't. Ever seen a commercial of the Eiffel Tower, Brandenburger Tor, Amsterdam Cannels? Advertising for hollidays is mostly about beaches and resorts. Doesn't really mean that cities don't attract tourists.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes. Because Disney World/Florida spends A LOT of money on advertising. There are other theme parks in Florida and tons of beach getaways too.

Altogether it's rather cheap means of having a "vacation" for families vis-a-vis going to the Bahamas or Tahiti.

I worked at Disney World as a chef.

Florida is a living wretched hellscape. The advertisements are lies.
    As a whole, Florida relies quite heavily on the tourism industry. So the state itself spend quite a bit of money on promoting tourism. Florida is a bit unique among states for its reliance on tourism and retirement industries. It has the highest percentage of people 65 and older.

Not being into theme parks or beaches, Florida felt pretty boring. Also everybody seems to have a second job as a real estate agent. The guy making your cubanos, the barber, the hotel clerk. If you look like you have money they all wants to sell you some land in Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vacation advertisements are almost always aimed at people who live in cities, probably because there is more of them. So of course the ads will be for places outside of the city.

Personally I can't stand Florida, but not just because it's Florida. I hate beaches and the ocean. So really any destination where that is the attraction is out in my book. I'd rather go on vacation to the national or state parks in the US.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anyone that lives west of the Rockies that vacations or spends much time at all in Florida. Seems like once I get east of the Mississippi River a more people consider Florida a vacation spot.

Yeah it is, but if you're going to visit America I think you'd have a better time in one of the many National Parks such as Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, etc..
    Last edited by muto; 2016-05-21 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from FL, I don't get what you guys see in our state but we'll continue take your money to finance our flakka parties.

Resident Cosplay Progressive