Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    In your case, you may pay your taxes fairly, and without finding "loopholes"; and many of us do the same, rich or poor. I see no problem with this, and I agree that you shouldn't pay a huge chunk of what you've earned in taxes.

What I do have a problem with (and I am not suggesting that you are guilty of doing this), is when a corporation is able to post record earnings in the billions of dollars, and pay almost nothing. For example, in 2014, CBS News Corp earned $1.8 billion dollars, and paid zero federal taxes - in fact, they received a $235 million dollar refund. General Electric made $33 billion dollars between 2010 and 2014, and also paid zero in taxes - receiving $1.4 billion dollars in refunds.

That kind of shit shouldn't happen.

(source: http://moneymorning.com/2015/05/21/c...-pay-no-taxes/ )

People complain about individual welfare recipients, but stop short of condemning corporate welfare like this - particularly corporations who are clearly not struggling.
    That I absolutely agree with. If you're making money then you should be paying taxes, I disagree with Tilii that it should be pushing the 70% range though. It should be a reasonable amount and everybody should be paying it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    Yeah screw work and all that "contributing to society" crap you just spent an hour spouting, that would totally cut into your MMO-Champ forum trolling time. Between that and "studying", can't fit in work!
    I don't have to work, I spend the time studying and then relaxing to not get too stressed. I have enough money to last me until I'm done with my education, without working.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Let me guess, you're a teenager right? Refuse to go beyond any study of the period and see the social issues going through the country...and thus refuse to understand the underlying emotions of the time.

Always so easy to hate....back then as well. (Of course they had people dying at the time. What's your excuse? Ignorance? looks like it)
    this is just sad.

Your literally making excuses on why it was okay to imprison thousands of people for no other reason than nationality. It's okay though, because we were at war.

I mean, pfft we are in conflict with much of the Muslim world, and well, Muslims have committed more acts of domestic terrorism than the Japanese did, so I guess it would be cool just to gather up all Muslims and put them in interment camps right?

I know they worship FDR in public schools, but really get his nuts out of your mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    That I absolutely agree with. If you're making money then you should be paying taxes, I disagree with Tilii that it should be pushing the 70% range though. It should be a reasonable amount and everybody should be paying it.
    I've never said it should be around 70%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Rich people keep the economy going with their outrageous purchases. They employ all sorts of people to cater their events, take care of their houses, and watch their children.
    Incorrect, quantity is the name of the game in economics, multiple cheaper purchases do more then a few expensive ones. Also as for them buying more, they don't they aren't going to buy multiple mattresses for example.

OT: money doesn't really define a person and if the person let themselves be purely defined by money such a lonely and sad existence they will have.
    I also wouldn't like my kid drive my expensive car, Ferrari's are one of a kind they aren't build in mass production for that reason they are a car brand that will continue to grow in value once enough time has passed. I wouldn't sell it either for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    this is just sad.

Your literally making excuses on why it was okay to imprison thousands of people for no other reason than nationality. It's okay though, because we were at war.
    Not making excuses.
    I do claim to understand what was happening at the time.
    Unlike you who seems to revel in your ignorance.

Why not pick up a history book for once in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, no. I don't typically see eye-to-eye with Tony, but he's right on point on this topic. What we did was indefensible.
    Yeah, but you only grasp long after the fact. 75 years after the fact.

Back then reality was a lot different.
    Unless your Asian, your perspective would like have been the same prevailing one that was popular then.
    Back then we were attacked. Pearl Harbor. No reason other than conquest. Your own people killed. And you were angry then. That's the way it was. We went from "neutral" (sort of) to full blown war with an almost unanimous consensus backing it. The only anger towards FDR at that point was when he went after Germany first.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2016-05-21 at 07:01 PM.

Don't presume to speak for others.

If your only defense is, "You would have been ok with it, too!" then certainly you realize that it was NOT a good thing.
    you tell em godly cow.

Deleted
    Yeah, but you only grasp long after the fact. 75 years after the fact.

Back then reality was a lot different.
    Unless your Asian, your perspective would like have been the same prevailing one that was popular then.
    ... Are you serious? People disagree with things that happens today and in 70 years we will have people going "YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME BACK THEN!" about those who agree with things. It's just, asinine. You don't know whether someone would have been that way back then or not.

Don't presume to speak for others.

If your only defense is, "You would have been ok with it, too!" then certainly you realize that it was NOT a good thing.
    That's the point.
    I'm not saying it was a good thing.
    I am saying that it's a matter of historical perspective.
    A person's entire frame of social references were different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    ... Are you serious? People disagree with things that happens today and in 70 years we will have people going "YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME BACK THEN!" about those who agree with things. It's just, asinine. You don't know whether someone would have been that way back then or not.
    So basically you aren't able to grasp how different perspectives were?
    You aren't going to tell me that you would have been one of the few that would have felt differently...not going to happen. Society was too different then.

Deleted
    So basically you aren't able to grasp how different perspectives were?
    You aren't going to tell me that you would have been one of the few that would have felt differently...not going to happen. Society was too different then.
    I would have felt differently than that, just as my then-family did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I said that organizations like OSHA,EPA, and even the DOT were necessary.
    More or less, what you're saying is there is no current solution.

Ultimately, it is the businesses who are manipulating things. When someone drives a car into a crowd of people, is it the fault of the car, or the driver?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I work for a multi millionaire as a network admin
    dude has a very, very nice collection of cars.

Ferrari 430, Aston Martin Vanquish V8, more BMWs than I could count, a winter "driver" jaguar, and a fucking HELICOPTER.

he also works at the soup kitchen and teaches them how to get back into the world as he was a competitive BMX rider when he was a kid who dropped out of school, didn't make it in the BMX world.
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Eh, it's not 16 hours a day. Mon-Fri: 6am-6pm Saturday: 6am-12pm and 36hour shifts every 4 days without the next day off. But yeah, I guess it's different where you live.
    Those hours sound legit inhuman. Though I know that our workload in trauma and similar may end up being like that, especially long shifts and on-call time. Not there yet like I said. I hear the juice is worth the squeeze though.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have to work, I spend the time studying and then relaxing to not get too stressed. I have enough money to last me until I'm done with my education, without working.
    That's the difference. People who do get rich tend to do so by not "working as little as possible and trolling mmo-c and watching tv all their downtime" but rather go out of their way to find new venues to increase their assets.

I'm sure you'll continue to make such claims.

Even if true, you would have kept silent...or else. Because the country wasn't friendly at all to anyone that was labeled a sympathizer to possible "saboteurs."

Newspapers then:

Front Page

And again front page

And racism after the war was tolerated for a time. Because Americans were still angry.

Deleted
    I've never said it should be around 70%.
    That's what we're paying in Sweden though, when you include VAT and arbetsgivaravgift. If you think those coins don't come out of your disposable income then I'm not sure what to tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Societal perspective in the states was very different. Probably here too. Surprisingly the vast majority today say they would've felt different back then. Clearly back then the vast majority did not feel like their 2016 grandchildren have come to feel.

Rich people are just people. Some are great, some suck. We just have a rather open look at them since they are more noticeable than the rest of the population.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    More or less, what you're saying is there is no current solution.

Ultimately, it is the businesses who are manipulating things. When someone drives a car into a crowd of people, is it the fault of the car, or the driver?
    your analogy really doesn't make much sense.

the gov't is the entity that is passing legislation that is benefiting big business unfairly, they can't do it on their own.

your analogy really doesn't make much sense.

the gov't is the entity that is passing legislation that is benefiting big business unfairly, they can't do it on their own.
    If the government is only doing what businesses tell them to do what they're paying them for...

20 pages from a 1 post account. yall niggas r dum and may need jesus