Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dont get why people want carrots on sticks if they also could get a less shiny carrot.
    Warlords was an awful expansion for mount variations especially for those which could be obtained out in the world. The amount of Wolf, Boar, and sprinkled in Gronn were very boring not only because there were so many recolors but because they made up for the vast majority which felt like a huge step back even from Pandaria where each faction had their own mount with unique models spread across.

I can see where you're coming from and perhaps I should curb my attitude because I do think that there is room for improved aesthetics for completing tasks which aren't reserved for the top 5% of players. Having reached exalted with a faction could unlock an improved model of their mount, maxing out Engineering (as an example) could reward you with another improved Flying Machine, a pet battle mount which has satchels to carry your pets or some shit as examples.

I do still want the best of the best reserved for the top 5% though in both PvP and PvE though but there could be room for some trickle down effects to prevent another army of recolored Boars and Wolves.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    There isn't any end game gameplay that more than 50% of end game players all prefer
    Dont try to act as if you would know what people prefer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont try to act as if you know what most people want. (and yes in every thread and post you make you do)
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

I know from the Ion Hazzikostas interview that there is no single piece of end game content that is played by a majority of people. This isn't based upon what I think I know. He didn't come to me to ask my opinion before his interview. He had actual data on what players actually do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    it was implied but i would assume that people know what i meant by it, how did you not get that?
    I am sure it was. You sound like a person that exactly knows what he is talking about. As you never use ad hominem arguments to get your agenda going.

Deleted
    Listen, if you can't afford it timewise or goldwise, then suck it up and accept that you don't deserve everything just because you pay a sub.

Otherwise you'll come across as Hammerhead from One Punch Man.

Deleted
    I know from the Ion Hazzikostas interview that there is no single piece of end game content that is played by a majority of people.
    You mean, questing, dungeons and raids arent played by the majority of players?

You try harder. You're trying to justify yourself with a majority that doesn't exist.
    Actually I think he's just trolling.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You mean, questing, dungeons and raids arent played by the majority of players?
    Those are more than 3 different pieces of content.

The only content done by a majority of players who play end game was the content that they did to get there - levelling content.
    Some focus on LFR, some normal raids, some heroic raids, some mythic raids, some heroic dungeons, some mythic dungeons, some pet battles, some rated BGs, some random BGs, some 2v2w, some 3v3, some 5v5, some RPing, some crafting, some end game quests etc. etc.

No single piece of end game content has an overall majority.

Deleted
    The only content done by a majority of players who play end game was the content that they did to get there - levelling content.
    So there actually is content thats being played by a majority. Thanks for the self-debunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Jeez ... just can't handle other people getting stuff?

I think everyone should get everything added to the game. Nothing should be too hard to do and all rewards should be equal. That sounds super fun!
    don't know if you were being serious or sarcastic. hopefully sarcastic.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Warlords was an awful expansion for mount variations especially for those which could be obtained out in the world. The amount of Wolf, Boar, and sprinkled in Gronn were very boring not only because there were so many recolors but because they made up for the vast majority which felt like a huge step back even from Pandaria where each faction had their own mount with unique models spread across.

I can see where you're coming from and perhaps I should curb my attitude because I do think that there is room for improved aesthetics for completing tasks which aren't reserved for the top 5% of players. Having reached exalted with a faction could unlock an improved model of their mount, maxing out Engineering (as an example) could reward you with another improved Flying Machine, a pet battle mount which has satchels to carry your pets or some shit as examples.

I do still want the best of the best reserved for the top 5% though in both PvP and PvE though but there could be room for some trickle down effects to prevent another army of recolored Boars and Wolves.
    I don't mind some recolors, because maybe the black wolf matches my transmog more than the dusky one... But I agree, some rewards need to stay special and not get diluted. The game would become less fun otherwise.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Still i talked about endgame percentages.

You wont get a argument going if you compare new subscriber numbers to endgame percentages.
    endgame percentages.
    So there actually is content thats being played by a majority. Thanks for the self-debunk.
    I thought you were talking about end game percentages.

Or is levelling content now allowed to be included in your end game percentages.

In which case I'll return to pointing out that the majority of players don't even reach end game. Or do you not want to include levelling content again.

Make your mind up.

I wonder, why the devs actually want to limit mounts, which are very expensive assets, to some mythic raiders only, while there would be an easy way to give these mounts to the majority of players just by recoloring them.

Exclusivity for some few players is not really healthy, if a game lacks in content and in usefull extrinsic rewards in total. Actually, organized raiding already gives the best extrinsic rewards to a small minority only, so i really wonder whom should be adressed by shiny mounts, if most of the mythic players are progress-gamers, which see their main benefit in sheer progression?

At the end, the vanity items adress a complete different playerbase. Those that collect cosmetic items, and which are mount collectors. My impression is, that blizzard tries to act as if special mount designs would be needed to bring prestige into the endgame, while i believe that mythic raids are already prestigious enough due to the fact only a small minority play or even master them.

The prestige comes from participating, and not from vanity items.

I really wonder how the effort for special assets for a small minority as like mythic raiders is being justified, if mounts would adress the broad audience of players way more likely. As it's rarely about the best gear for those players. At the end, blizzard should think about rewarding every player for playing their game, and allow as many ways as possible to acquire vanity items and progression gear.

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get. That also would remove the idea people would feel forced to hire organized raiders for gold to “play” the game. As like renting a raid spot in one of those meritocracy-based raiding guilds.

What do you think? Should there be a large effort to create expensive rewards for small minorites? Or would you be happy if players who play on a lower difficulty would get the same rewards as recolored or less detailed version?
    Here is a formula or two you should learn.

Effort + Time = Reward (With the reward being based on the quality of the effort and time spent to obtain said reward)

Want + Bitching = Nothing

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want the mount bad enough, go raid.

/thread

Deleted
    I thought you were talking about end game percentages.
    We are. If you take a look onto raid participation statistics, around 70-80% players in endgame play raids (including LFR).

Also, the leveling content from 90 to 100 is part of the last expac.

Hazzikostas himself also said, that dungeons are majority content. In special in expacs where raiding wasnt accessible.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Will wait and see I guess but only one raid mount hasn't been a reskin in...yeah 10 years. Might be a bit early to claim the sky is falling.

Besides pvpers are getting infernos in far fewer and more exclusive numbers. It is just how the game works.
    Which raid mount would that be? I can't think of any

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop thinking having access to / owning every mount in an MMO is their God-given right.

you know for wanting to be a writer with a blog, the OP sure as hell is falling into a shit ton of fallacies, i'm calling troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Mythic Garrosh, Blackhand, and Archimonde all dropped unique mount models (if not necessarily unique creatures).
    There are two other scorpions that share models, those being the exalted kalxxi mount, and the horde only guild one, scorpion again.

Blackhand shares with tons of rare mounts out there in draenor

Archimonde is a recolour of Sky Golem.