Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Better question, hey its guldan in a prison being used for the portal! Solution kill Gul'dan; the end.
    I MEAN IT'S A NO BRAINER?!?!

right?! destroy gul'dan, stop the portal. both missions accomplished screw the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    Well, for one, all the main characters were pressed up against the portal. We wouldn't have been able to get to the cannon in the first place without disabling it since we had to go around the back.

If you just went around the back and side of the portal to try and get around to the giant tank (that they had no idea they'd be able to operate), then you'd be leaving the portal itself unguarded for however long that took, letting as many soldiers run through as they could handle without any of the main characters to help guard it. And that's all assuming that the tank would even work for them and that they'd get there in the first place (which was a miracle anyway).

But they also might have found another way to power the portal without Gul'Dan, or just recaptured him, so destroying it when they happened to get an opportunity makes perfect sense.

Freeing Gul'Dan is iffy, sure, but destroying the portal afterwards is far from a problem with the plot.
    Whatchu talking about? I said freeing Gul'dan + destroying the portal makes no sense. You should just destroy the portal. Also, Khadgar can send a strike team in with his portals since he said only a few can go through at a time through his stuff.

The guy above also makes a great point, just kill Gul'dan. He's the primary BLegion agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Some orcs see Gul'Dan as some Republicans see Donald Trump. He is the orc that will make orcs great again. He tells the orcs that his green juice will make orcs awesome and strong and ready to conquer and win the whole world. Many orcs believe him and follow him. They ignore everthing bad that comes when you become part of the Legion. They think they will become so powerful that they can even beat the Legion and conquer the universe.
    Trump is gonna be the new Godwin's Law.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Maybe a pissed off Gul'dan might create dissent among the Iron Horde, who was the real enemy at the time? Gul'dan was, after all, helplessly trapped and didn't seem that threatening. History says otherwise, that Gul'dan is a dick that should be killed immediately, but times change, I guess?

Or maybe we just couldn't do shit against him? He is always in his perma invulnerability bubble when we meet him, yet the portal had to be shut down.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-05-20 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Whatchu talking about? I said freeing Gul'dan + destroying the portal makes no sense. You should just destroy the portal. Also, Khadgar can send a strike team in with his portals since he said only a few can go through at a time through his stuff.

The guy above also makes a great point, just kill Gul'dan. He's the primary BLegion agent.
    Well, it's exactly like I said.

For one, they had no idea that they'd be able to operate the tank. They basically stumble across a manual and even then they're not sure if it'll work.

Secondly, they had to disable the portal to even get to the tank. Once Gul'Dan is freed the portal shuts down, which is how all the characters can retreat. Otherwise they'd be retreating right back into Azeroth.

Thirdly, why on Earth wouldn't they do both? If the Iron Horde had Gul'Dan they could just rebuild, especially since Tanaan was impenetrable for a long time. Destroying the portal itself at least buys them a lot of time if Gul'Dan was to be recaptured.

Basically, the point is that when they freed Gul'Dan, they had no idea that they had the means to destroy the actual portal. They happened to stumble across a way to do it, but it was never a part of their plan.

I agree that freeing Gul'Dan instead of killing him is silly, which I said in the post. I head canon it to be that he was in some kind of plot-bubble of magic and was impervious to harm, but there's nothing in the game itself to suggest that, it's just how I reason away the problem.

I just don't see a problem with both destroying the portal and freeing Gul'Dan. Why wouldn't they? Freeing/killing him was necessary either way - if the heroes had a way to retreat behind the portal without shutting it down then they'd be leaving Azeroth undefended while they were circling around to a tank they didn't know if they could use or not. Destroying the actual portal was a neat bonus they managed on their way out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post

The Iron Horde forces are pouring constantly; Khadgar, Thrall, Maraad and the others are keeping them busy. They send your character to shut down the conduits alone around the commotion. Gul'Dan is very powerful, what makes you say that your char can beat him 1on?

Quote Originally Posted by World of Violin View Post
    Gul'Dan is very powerful, what makes you say that your char can beat him 1on?
    Well he seemed pretty powerless while in the stasis ward

Deleted
    Maybe, but you couldn't target him with spells right? We can assume the statis prevents the target from attacking and from being attacked. Like, what would happen if someone tried to bang on the Frozen Throne during the Lich King's hibernation? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    we never were trapped.
    khadgar opens a portal to our azeroth when you get the garrison.
    But he stated it was only temporarily. Lore wise, we were trapped for a while.

As you probably know, portals, for the most part, aren't canon. You can't just abuse them, or otherwise the Iron Horde would have done the same and called some mages to open portals to Stormwind and Orgrimmar and wrecked it.

Immediate threat > Future threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Some orcs see Gul'Dan as some Republicans see Donald Trump. He is the orc that will make orcs great again. He tells the orcs that his green juice will make orcs awesome and strong and ready to conquer and win the whole world. Many orcs believe him and follow him. They ignore everthing bad that comes when you become part of the Legion. They think they will become so powerful that they can even beat the Legion and conquer the universe.
    That is the best comparison ever and I will use that in many arguments to come before fall.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Immediate threat > Future threat.
    The so called Immediate threat wasnt threat at all, it was just bunch of orcs with unstable technology they barely understood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The so called Immediate threat wasnt threat at all, it was just bunch of orcs with unstable technology they barely understood.
    Its really funny when you realise that all we needed to do to stop whole WoD from happening was just to back off and regroup and then mop the floor with them rather than blowing the portal and going in as overly-dramatic hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its really funny when you realise that all we needed to do to stop whole WoD from happening was just to back off and regroup and then mop the floor with them rather than blowing the portal and going in as overly-dramatic hero.
    "Wait, why dont we just kill them at this chokepoint instead of rushing in..."
    "NO! Shut up! There is no time!"

David Cage could propably write story with less holes, and that talentless hack spawned the sadness trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Wait, why dont we just kill them at this chokepoint instead of rushing in..."
    "NO! Shut up! There is no time!"

David Cage could propably write story with less holes, and that talentless hack spawned the sadness trilogy.
    The best thing is that in blizzards mind, the best way to show us that they are world ending threat is to allow us to build a poorly designed base on THEIR world and....never, ever be threatened by them. If you think about it, after intro all that happens is us attacking iron horde and destroying them one outpost at the time.

Also, if david cage directed that we would fight gul'dan with a goddamn simon says.

That's more of a 'perspective issue', not being appropriately shown in the game. But it was a vast, deadly army that would roll over Azeroth if they managed to go through. And, erm, Gul'Dan - the mighty threat - was being held captive by them... the lesser threat.

Just because you can AoE them down in the game doesn't mean they weren't a threat.

That's more of a 'perspective issue', not being appropriately shown in the game. But it was a vast, deadly army that would roll over Azeroth if they managed to go through. And, erm, Gul'Dan - the mighty threat - was being held captive by them... the lesser threat.

Just because you can AoE them down in the game doesn't mean they weren't a threat.
    If only there was some kind of area denial weapon that would make orcs stuck at that chokepoint...

Oh...

But I guess thats evil or something.

Yea, i don't think Alliance would go for that near Nethergarde Keep :P

Yea, i don't think Alliance would go for that near Nethergarde Keep :P
    Isnt that place razed?

Quote Originally Posted by World of Violin View Post
    The Iron Horde forces are pouring constantly; Khadgar, Thrall, Maraad and the others are keeping them busy. They send your character to shut down the conduits alone around the commotion. Gul'Dan is very powerful, what makes you say that your char can beat him 1on?
    I'ma dunk my axe in the back of his skull while he's in his stasis chamber. Also, Gul'dan is not particularly any more resilient than a regular Orc hero. Jubei'Thos, Garrosh, Grom, Thrall, Ogrim Doomhammer, Saurfang, Karthas Bladefist, and Ner'zhul can all shit on his face in a 1v1 fight. Just because he's a raid boss with 10 million hp, doesn't mean he's an actual raid boss with 10 million hp in lore. He can't beat us lol, all he can do is run and plot some shit. That's why I think this bullshit is so absurd.

FYI, he's Ner'zhul's apprentice, not the son of Sargeras or something. He's a OG warlock, but if Medhiv can be stabbed, Gul'dan can most definitely take an axe to the skull.