Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Even if it was typed "l337" style, anyone could still figure out what I meant.
    A sentence like

''let's eat grandpa''

Would be easy to figure out where the comma would go.

Your sentence however, is not figured out easily.

Just explain what you were trying to say instead.

I am offended because of the lack of a scandinavian presence in Overwatch, sure we have torbjörn but where is the Norwegian or Danish characters!? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I do not like it. Not because I have anything against homosexuals, but because if there is to be one, it's more than likely going to be a stereotype. Gay people are not like that. They are just like everyone else.

If there really needs to be a gay guy, I'd prefer it's just a background thing. Mention in his bio that he has a boyfriend or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So everyone should just be Caucasian and straight right?
    or everyone could be black, or everyone could be reptiles, or everyone could be mexican women. or half could be asian and other half from the middle east. Point is, people who are not obsessed with this toxic ''diversity'' bullsiht does not give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I enjoy that the game isn't just diversity for diversities sake. I can't stand that showing up in media, it's really a slap in the face for those looking for diversity.

Overwatch's story spans the globe (and moon), as does the games characters. I also enjoy that Blizz pokes fun at stereotypes from respective heroes countries, but doesn't turn the character themselves into characterizations of those stereotypes.

I completely agree, It felt like the characters were just thought of naturally not like "LETS HAVE AN INDIAN" then designing a character around that. It feels very natural and not forced. I hate the diversity shit in media where Diversity = 90% majority to a certain race or sex. It just gets tiring and I'm not sexist or racist.

Though I'm worried if they try to shoehorn in sexual orientation and force it. I personally think that they shouldn't even bring it up. I really don't want the writing for overwatch to turn into Borderlands that just felt very forced and pandering.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-05-21 at 11:08 PM.

When you develop a character for something and the thing you have in mind is to be more inclusive and check things off lists to make sure everything is represented, your characters tend to be more hollow. Diversity for the sake of itself is usually terrible and most people tend to resent those characters more as they feel like stereotypes instead of true unique characters. Worlds can be diverse and benefit from it but only if diversity isn't some checklist or end goal pushed by nitpickers and bullies.

I enjoy that the game isn't just diversity for diversities sake. I can't stand that showing up in media, it's really a slap in the face for those looking for diversity.

Overwatch's story spans the globe (and moon), as does the games characters. I also enjoy that Blizz pokes fun at stereotypes from respective heroes countries, but doesn't turn the character themselves into characterizations of those stereotypes.
    Exactly. It isn't diverse just for diversity sake, and using other examples of things like TV shows, being diverse for diversity sake doesn't sell well. Luckily Blizzard had a way to implement it because it makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even care if they were all white, all black, all of them are gay. I only care about game play and lore in games

What exactly is the "problem" with diversity? Its part of their story. I don't understand why some of you are so angry about this. Like Pharah, shes from Egypt. Why are you mad about this? Thats the way Im taking it.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I am offended because of the lack of a scandinavian presence in Overwatch, sure we have torbjörn but where is the Norwegian or Danish characters!? D:
    I would include a joke from sweden, Just bashing on eachother like our countries always do.

But I'm afraid people are too PC here to realise it would be a joke :P.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm totally with you on this, Like how the CW Network is doing that shit in every god damn show they throw at us lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely like that they've got a good reason for making the roster as diverse as possible but I think they should leave sexuality out of it, it's the future, humans should be past caring who sleeps with who by that point.

This entire thread is the problem with the world. If you look at something that is diverse and are actually able to point out how they differ from one another you're doing it wrong. Race, sex, religion, sexual orientation don't matter. People are people regardless of anything else, and IMO if people notice those differences in people they themselves are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Personally, I do not like it. Not because I have anything against homosexuals, but because if there is to be one, it's more than likely going to be a stereotype. Gay people are not like that. They are just like everyone else.

If there really needs to be a gay guy, I'd prefer it's just a background thing. Mention in his bio that he has a boyfriend or something.
    I'm pretty sure Zarya is supposed to be gay. She fits the stereotype perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not trolling. The media promotes this, denial of this is a straight out ignorant act but please, lets get back on topic!
    So.. no links then.. thought so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you thanking Blizzard from here? They can't hear or see you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    This entire thread is the problem with the world. If you look at something that is diverse and are actually able to point out how they differ from one another you're doing it wrong. Race, sex, religion, sexual orientation don't matter. People are people regardless of anything else, and IMO if people notice those differences in people they themselves are the problem.
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    What? Of course all those things matter, they all go into what makes us individuals...I agree it shouldn't paint your opinion of someone but pretending that they don't mean anything is just insanely reductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Why are you thanking Blizzard from here? They can't hear or see you.
    They read these forums everyday.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    How would they even show they were gay? Hot pink hair like Zarya (though I think she's straight just really masculine)? I guess they could cobble it together as part of their bio.
    That's really the rub though.

They come out and say that Zarya is a lesbian, then they're doing nothing but reinforcing stereotypes of "The big, "masculine" haircut having, butch lesbian" instead of what they were trying. On the other hand, if they don't "gay up" the characters, then they're also going to get hit with, "Well this really doesn't represent me. It in no way, shape or form, looks, acts, or feels like me as a gay/trans/black/white/etc. person!"

I think it be much easier for them to just straight out say, "Or characters do not have sexuality to them, they solely exist with their personality and nothing more or less." Then, if someone gay wants to identify with a certain character, they're free to do that. Likewise, someone straight wanting to identify with that character shouldn't feel bad for doing so either.

I enjoy that the game isn't just diversity for diversities sake.
    That's actually, 100% what it is. A characters sexuality, gender, skin color, hair color, etc. has absolutely no bearing on how they play as a character. The stereotypes of origins give the players a different feel, but at the end of the day, they add absolutely nothing to the core, heart of the game.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-05-21 at 11:11 PM.