Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But it just is no choice for most players. Do you really want to pretend playing mythic raids is just a choice and not gated behind group setup luck, skill and effort?

"Everyone can be a millionaire!"

The other "choice" would be to buy raid mounts from raiding guilds. Why do you actually ignore that choice?

Only because it is as broken as the other "choice"?
    But that's the beautiful part. Rewards are like trophies. You work hard for them, and there's a chance you might not even get it. Back in BC I used to love to look at players with the legendary warglaives, I knew I was never going to get them, but it was somewhat magical to know that a group of players decided to venture into a dark and dificult raid and ended victorious. The magic lies within the story, the challange, the glory behind the item. Also, they don't tend to remove the mounts (they even reimplemented the naxx10 achieve mount) so you could always try and farm it next expansion, hell if you really want it this expansion you can even buy yourself a spot in a raid. I just got Al'ar a few weeks ago and I don't feel "cheated" by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, I'm part of the crowd telling people like you to suck it up and put in whatever is needed to obtain a certain reward.
    Populism, then. Oh well, if you need that.

This game always had and always WILL have different rewards for different content. It's entirely justified for the highest tier of content, pve or pvp, to have unique rewards. Get over it.
    No, its not justified to create expensive assets for a small minority only. And that is what i talk about. Yes, it is justified to give the best extrinsic reward based on character progression to those who beat the hardest bosses, but thats all.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 10:29 PM.

No, its not justified to create expensive assets for a small minority only. And that is what i talk about. Yes, it is justified to give the best extrinsic reward based on character progression to those who beat the hardest bosses, but thats all.
    Oh yes, because 100% mounts have been SO unique in the past 4 expansions. The only one that was unique, would be Mimiron's Head, and even that one didn't use entirely unique animations. Invincible? Sparklepony and now a whole slew of other horses use the same skeleton. Firelands? Recolored firebird. Dragon Soul? Recolored horned drake, many couldn't see a difference between the color of the 100% mount and the meta mount. MoP? Had ONE 100% mount and it was a mount they'd also used as a boss model, based on a scorpion skeleton. WoD? An armored clefthoof with some spell effects, and a modified golem.

"Expensive assets", give me a break. It may sound fancy but doesn't hold water worth shit. I'd dare wager more time has been put into the mounts obtainable through other means than the 100% mounts even in WoD, and that's saying a lot in an expansion with such a lackluster roster on the mount side. The MOST unique mount, was a store mount.

If anything, they could spend a bit more effort on the most prestigeous mounts, from PVP or PVE. Want those mounts? Go get them, literally no one is stopping you but yourself. It is justified to have rewards match the content required to beat and to have some rewards that are rarer than others, your opinion doesn't count when that theme has been going on since the game began and there's always been more mounts from the easiest content than the other way around.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-21 at 10:35 PM.

Who says it isn't justified? Because aside from you, everyone else agrees with this train of thought. Maybe this game isn't for you.

Deleted
    Oh yes, because 100% mounts have been SO unique in the past 4 expansions. The only one that was unique, would be Mimiron's Head, and even that one didn't use entirely unique animations.
    Well, the problem is that Hazzikostas actually would like to change that. To make mounts great again for some few. To actually invest more art effort into unique rewards for some small minority. To spend money from many for the exclusivity for some few.

And sorry, but i really thought blizzard already managed to get past that. Seems they dont.

No, there is no justification for unique mount assets for some few.

I wonder when Hazzikostas is going to learn that. Doesnt he still know he is working for a broad audience MMORPG?

Invincible? Sparklepony and now a whole slew of other horses use the same skeleton. Firelands? Recolored firebird. Dragon Soul? Recolored horned drake, many couldn't see a difference between the color of the 100% mount and the meta mount. MoP? Had ONE 100% mount and it was a mount they'd also used as a boss model, based on a scorpion skeleton. WoD? An armored clefthoof with some spell effects, and a modified golem.
    Sounds as if you are a little bit unhappy. I am very sorry here. Still i think that one single asset for different difficulties should be no problem. The sky is not falling if the special snowflake super mount would be accompanied by a grey snowflake mount for the lower difficulties.

"Expensive assets", give me a break. I'd dare wager more time has been put into the mounts obtainable through other means than the 100% mounts, and that's saying a lot in an expansion with such a lackluster roster on the mount side. The MOST unique mount, was a store mount.
    Well, as Hazzikostas plans to add unique mounts as rewards without recolors, it seems he wants to put all that weeks and months effort needed to create a new mount. Or it wouldnt be unique, right?

If anything, they could spend a bit more effort on the most prestigeous mounts, from PVP or PVE. Want those mounts? Go get them, literally no one is stopping you but yourself.
    Everyone is a millionaire, right. "If you want a mythic mount, go and get a mythic guild! Newb!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Who says it isn't justified? Because aside from you, everyone else agrees with this train of thought. Maybe this game isn't for you.
    Forums have very special dynamics when its about opinions. Add to that a toxic gaming community, and you have a lot of "GIT GUD" criers.

We communication experts call that a "echo chamber". Its just amazing that even more smart people add their voice to a echo chamber just for popularity.

1) Well, the problem is that Hazzikostas actually would like to change that. To make mounts great again for some few. To actually invest more art effort into unique rewards for some small minority. To spend money from many for the exclusivity for some few.

2) No, there is no justification for unique mount assets for some few.

3) I wonder when Hazzikostas is going to learn that. Doesnt he still know he is working for a broad audience MMORPG?

4) Well, as Hazzikostas plans to add unique mounts as rewards without recolors, it seems he wants to put all that weeks and months effort needed to create a new mount. Or it wouldnt be unique, right?

5) Everyone is a millionaire, right. "If you want a mythic mount, go and get a mythic guild! Newb!"

6) Sounds as if you are a little bit unhappy. I am very sorry here.

- - - Updated - - -
    1) Good, I'm sure there will still be plenty of mounts to obtain for the masses (where I am included).

2) Says you, if the people MAKING the game feels it's justified, they'll do it. So far it doesn't feel as if though people see it as a major issue that there are unique rewards to some content, from reading this thread.

3) He knows, which is why the game has content for everyone when they get it right and rewards are handed out based on the levels of said content.

4) Looking forward to it, as a mount collector I always prefer many unique mounts. If that means I'll have to PVP or whatever, I'll do so. I won't be getting Gladiator mounts, and that's fine. I can't have everything just because it appeals to me.

5) No, everyone's free to do whatever they want in this game. If people with families and full-time jobs can still get some hours in every week to raid Mythic, so can you and everyone else willing to perform at the level required. Can't do it? Then there's other content and rewards aimed at you.

6) I'm not at all angry, I used to be one of the people missing out on endgame mounts because I didn't know what to do, didn't have time, didn't feel secure enough. I got Invincible in WoD for example and it felt GOOD!

I'm just saying, very few 100% mounts have been truly unique. I'm happy if that is about to change, even if I'll end up missing out on some of them due to circumstances. It would probably also mean more unique mounts from other content as well.

Well, the problem is that Hazzikostas actually would like to change that. To make mounts great again for some few. To actually invest more art effort into unique rewards for some small minority. To spend money from many for the exclusivity for some few.

And sorry, but i really thought blizzard already managed to get past that. Seems they dont.

No, there is no justification for unique mount assets for some few.

I wonder when Hazzikostas is going to learn that. Doesnt he still know he is working for a broad audience MMORPG?

Sounds as if you are a little bit unhappy. I am very sorry here. Still i think that one single asset for different difficulties should be no problem. The sky is not falling if the special snowflake super mount would be accompanied by a grey snowflake mount for the lower difficulties.

Well, as Hazzikostas plans to add unique mounts as rewards without recolors, it seems he wants to put all that weeks and months effort needed to create a new mount. Or it wouldnt be unique, right?

Everyone is a millionaire, right. "If you want a mythic mount, go and get a mythic guild! Newb!"

- - - Updated - - -

Forums have very special dynamics when its about opinions. Add to that a toxic gaming community, and you have a lot of "GIT GUD" criers.

We communication experts call that a "echo chamber". Its just amazing that even more smart people add their voice to a echo chamber just for popularity.
    I can't understand what is your problem honestly. You complain about one damn unique mount raiders might get every 6 months, or even longer. Why can't you live your wow life with obtaining 350, not 364 mounts? And if you go around the forums you will see that there are opinions on either side for various arguments about the game. This topic in particular though doesn't receive any support, and I happened to talk to a few real life wow friends earlier today about your thread and even though they are really casual about the game and love to get the coolest stuff as easy as possible, they still thought that what you argue here about is beyond silly.
    You are calling the community toxic because they tell you to get good. You are the one generating most of the toxicity by wanting to convince literally EVERYONE that has replied to you that 2 mounts a year shouldn't be unique to raiders/pvpers on Mythic/0.5% respectively when there are what? 40 mounts released per year? And some of them are really cool outside raiding/pvping. Of course people will backlash at you when they tell you it is actually possible to get it by EITHER being good/spending ton of time raiding, or by buying it with gold. And you know what, if normal and heroic HFC were handing you out a blue and a red version of the Mythic Arch mount, no one would give literally a flying FUCK if you have the fel annihilator or not. And that makes raiding outside world first/realm first races kinda pointless as the gear is mostly a different color than normal/heroic, and a few more things on shoulders/head (which you can all easily get on the beginning of next expansion), effectively making raiding pointless. Now, if 30 out of these 40 mounts a year were targetted at Mythic raiders I would agree with you that the assets used in mount making for raiders aren't justified as that would mean that 75% of the mounts are available to a small percentage of the playerbase. But think about it, we've had 2 tiers in almost 2 years, 2 mounts out of 50-60 in Warlords are obtainable on Mythic so let's see. Out of 50 mounts, 2 means it's a 4% of the mounts that are being targetted at Mythic raiders. Mythic Archimonde has been killed by 3.32% of the raiding community. Sounds pretty fair to me.

Deleted
    2) Says you, if the people MAKING the game feels it's justified, they'll do it. So far it doesn't feel as if though people see it as a major issue that there are unique rewards to some content, from reading this thread.
    You shouldnt use this thread as a reference. It started to become a echo chamber after the 3rd "git gud" crier.

5) No, everyone's free to do whatever they want in this
    While the rewarding system honors organized group setups most.

While the rewarding system never managed to lure people into organized gameplay. No matter how much blizzard doesnt like that.

I'm just saying, very few 100% mounts have been truly unique. I'm happy if that is about to change, even if I'll end up missing out on some of them due to circumstances. It would probably also mean more unique mounts from other content as well.
    I doubt that. With the large focus on rewarding minority gameplay.

Gawd........this thread is full of #FeeltheBern. How about you work for it? It's a game after all.

You shouldnt use this thread as a reference. It started to become a echo chamber after the 3rd "git gud" crier.

While the rewarding system honors organized group setups most.

While the rewarding system never managed to lure people into organized gameplay. No matter how much blizzard doesnt like that.

I doubt that. With the large focus on rewarding minority gameplay.
    Then there's not much else to say really, you have your opinion and that's that.

Deleted
    Then there's not much else to say really, you have your opinion and that's that.
    Well, this was meant to be a phliosophical discussion. The result is a lot of upset wannabe-mythic raiders crying "git gud" and pure toxcicity because some people think someone wants to diminsh their exclusivity.

It is really hard to get a good discussion going nowadays on MMO-Champion. Thanks to the youtube-hyped always pissed effort-for-anything-"casual"-haters. its so predictable in the meanwhile how they react to any kind of ideas that adress the large pool of players and not only the top performers.

The community is that toxic because some youtubers managed to burn their conservative social darwinism into the heads of their watchers that believe eveything they get hyped with.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-21 at 11:17 PM.

Deleted
    OP can be translated into "I'm not good enough to get it so nobody else should have it either".

These rewards are healthy for the game. If anything it should be more competitive with mounts and titles being removed with the next tier. And I say this as a non-raider, might actually give me incentive to raid again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this was meant to be a phliosophical discussion. The result is a lot of upset wannabe-mythic raiders crying "git gud" and pure toxcicity because some people think someone wants to diminsh their exclusivity.

It is really hard to get a good discussion going nowadays on MMO-Champion. Thanks to the youtube-hyped always pissed effort-for-anything-"casual"-haters. its so predictable in the meanwhile how they react to any kind of ideas that adress the large pool of players and not only the top performers.

The community is that toxic because some youtubers managed to burn their conservative social darwinism into the heads of their watchers that believe eveything they get hyped with.
    Blizzard thinks its a good idea and you have twenty pages of people also saying its fine and good the way it is and going to be.
    There were tons of arguments and you are still standing there "No you are all wrong and im right....."

You are hopeless, they only one that disturbing in this discussion, if you even can call it that because everyone says almost the same, is you.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    OP can be translated into "I'm not good enough to get it so nobody else should have it either".

These rewards are healthy for the game. If anything it should be more competitive with mounts and titles being removed with the next tier. And I say this as a non-raider, might actually give me incentive to raid again.
    THIS

Edit:
    Also rym grow up and come back when you can discuss on an adults level and not screaming "im right you are wrong" the whole time, because that's exactly what are you doing. Or no even worse you do it screaming against a whole audience of people.
    Last edited by Basso; 2016-05-21 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a casual who doesn't suck you don't speak for me, Rym. You speak for the entitled. If you want the reward and it's that important to you go join a guild and earn it.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted

Ther has been plenty of discussion,your problem is nobody agrees with you. Even your so-called large pool of casual players say you don't speak for them and enjoy the fact there is a higher level of reward available to achieve. The community isn't toxic. Your attitude is, stop trying to preach your ugly self entitled views and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    As a casual who doesn't suck you don't speak for me, Rym. You speak for the entitled. If you want the reward and it's that important to you go join a guild and earn it.
    This 100 times. Just because we are casuals doesn't mean we want or need everything.
    I'm a casual myself atm and I'm even against stuff like LFR. Having gear and items just thrown at you like that feels horrible. Rewards should be tiered correctly. I don't want a moose mount from LFR, I'm ok with it being from a dificulty that i'll probably not clear until the next expansion when it's trivial content.

Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.
    Great news everybody! I hope this will be reality, as reskins are true (but only one from many) cancer in this game. As mount collector I would really appreciate this.

Also OP is another player which would like to get everything just for logging in ...

The best solution is to give players of the other raid difficulties (including LFR) a recolor of the mount the mythic raiders get.
    What!? Are you kidding me? This is like someone would reward you for making poo in pants, just because you tried to fart 0.o
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2016-05-22 at 12:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Those players cleared the most difficult raid setting, so it makes sense they get some special rewards from it. Same idea with the top X% of Arena players that get the special Gladiator mount each season.

How much resources go to making 1 mount?

I think you would have a better argument saying that only focusing on raiding which a minority of players do is a waste of assets to the overall game, which sort of was proven with WoD and how many players quit due to the raid or quit mentality of the developers...

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Value is not subjective, if you can buy an ounce of gold for $1, its value is $1 per ounce. It doesn't matter if you like gold or not.
    Same for mythic rewards. If its a mythic only reward, it has a high value in PvE world. One being excited over it or not is irrelevant to the value of that particular reward.
    Gold is only a representation of value, and only because people agree that it is. If it had objective value, then it wouldn't matter how people felt about it.

Someone could think a glowy moose mount is valuable because there are other people who can't get it, while someone else will value it because it's thematically perfect for their night elf druid (or whatever). One system of value is necessarily prohibitive, contingent on limiting others experience of the game, while the other functions independently of what others experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I'm actually more surprised you aren't even touching elite pvp gear sets. They get unique and cool sets that are locked off at the end of each season, while mythic gear is not locked off and you can go farm it later when it's easier. You can never obtain that pvp gear. Isn't THAT more of a waste than mounts you can go farm later?
    Since Naxx there has been pve content implemented with an expiration date. I think that sort of expiration is what people are conflicted about, but you're definitely right about the pvp gear. Expiration dates for content shift WoW from a carrot on a stick system to a fire under your ass system, where you have to play the game a specific way in a specific window of time or else lose access to that content altogether. For some people, that makes the content more valuable, for others it makes WoW less valuable.
    Horseshit.