Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All that "pushing movie technology to the limit" on a flop. So sad.

Deleted
    oooh the sweet CGI is shit comments....You wouldn't know CGI even if it jump out of the bush and kicked your butt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24

That high noon part in the Overwatch infographic cracked me up x'D

oooh the sweet CGI is shit comments....You wouldn't know CGI even if it jump out of the bush and kicked your butt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6hp8BKB24
    So people notice shitty CGI when its shitty. Many making such comments are asking for better done CGI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starks View Post
    "Pushing Movie Technology to the limit"....? What ever Duncan Jones is smoking I want some too. Clearly he never watched a single in game cinematic of wow. Those alone look 1000 times better then this movie. The entire movie should have been made the way they do the in game scenes. For fucks sake Look at the CGI used in game of thrones even that CGI is worlds better then this straight to dvd garbage this movie uses. Il never get over the fact that Garona looks like all they did was give her fucking dracula costume fangs from the local party city and some cheap body paint. Cool kids on the block my ass. Sam Raimi was smart to dump this trash when he was approached with it. He knew it needed to be done in full cgi else it would be doomed. Id rather watch the new jungle book oo geee look even more better cgi then this
    Interesting opinion. Because to my eye, Jungle book looked incredibly fake. And this... does not. Jungle book is on the same level as Jurassic World. Really obvious, over-dressed silliness. There are a couple of wide-angle shots here where they overdid the blue-orange thing, but it's really not bad. And the skin and hair looks way better than most textures you see nowadays. Are you going to tell me you thought TMNT had better skin than these Orcs?

Or maybe you think Zootopia had really good CGI. Maybe this whole thing should just be Pixar. Because, like, that's what WoW totally looks like in game.

Come on. The amount of just sheer complaining for the sake of complaining in this post is just sad. Go home, your drunk.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

"Pushing Movie Technology to the limit"....? What ever Duncan Jones is smoking I want some too. Clearly he never watched a single in game cinematic of wow. Those alone look 1000 times better then this movie. The entire movie should have been made the way they do the in game scenes. For fucks sake Look at the CGI used in game of thrones even that CGI is worlds better then this straight to dvd garbage this movie uses. Il never get over the fact that Garona looks like all they did was give her fucking dracula costume fangs from the local party city and some cheap body paint. Cool kids on the block my ass. Sam Raimi was smart to dump this trash when he was approached with it. He knew it needed to be done in full cgi else it would be doomed. Id rather watch the new jungle book oo geee look even more better cgi then this
    So you rather have 100% cgi modells (like warcraft cinematics) without the motion capture technique they used for the movie oO? Have you actually seen the MOP cinematic human? It looks like garbage.

WoW-Cinematic style would get this movie down to final fantasy videogame movie level of badness.

Also funny that you call garonas green skin a cheap body paint when its actually cgi (How is she supposed to look anway? Like the ingame model in WoW where blizzard was too lazy to create a unique model for her and just used the female orc one ?). And Sam Raimi was trashed because his story sucked.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-21 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So people notice shitty CGI when its shitty. Many making such comments are asking for better done CGI.
    That was so not the point of that video. Watch it again.

The point was that people notice CGI when the story sucks enough for them to pay attention to the CGI and critique it in the first place.

There was some really shitty CGI in Aladdin. Like... Really Shitty. How come that's never one we talk about?
    OH yea... because that 3 seconds was not even worth talking about compared to the rest of the movie.
    Admit it... You're not even really sure which part of the movie I'm talking about.

Point made.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know the green screen made-for-TV look was "movie technology limit" ...

15+ Year Old Account
    You are all so salty about the movie, and it's not out yet. At least wait til its out to trash it.
    I personally like how it looks kind of like actual WoW. It's not LoTR, it is a particular stylized version of the warcraft universe. If the story is good, and has good character development, I will love it. If its cheesy like the Seventh Son, it's going to suck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    WoW-Cinematic style would get this movie down to final fantasy videogame movie level of badness.
    This.

The goal was not to make a "Video Game Movie" -- Those suck and fail.

The goal was to make a fantasy summer blockbuster (which do very well, typically), using the Warcraft source material.

There is no WoW in this movie. At all. So just stop right there. WoW comes roughly 30-40 years after this. You won't see any of "WoW" in any movie until after.... Warcraft II: The Second War, Warcraft III: Thrall: Slave to Warchief, Warcraft IV: Rise of the Lich King, Warcraft V: Battle for Mount Hyjall (or Return of the Guardian), and MAYBE... depending on the fan-base.... such exciting spin-offs as... Warcraft: The Corruption of Grim Batol, or Warcraft: War of the Ancients.

Short story? Warcraft has PLENTY of lore in a well developed universe that is ripe for a long and fruitful franchise in the cinema world.
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    -insert generic "movie looks like shit lololol" comment here-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK2CwlPnECQ
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Level 90 character boosts are no longer available
    Well, there go my hopes and dreams of having any army of cheap level 90s after I claimed all those free accounts.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Why are they all unknown actors? Seems every new franchise that comes out these days has actors in that no one has ever heard of.
    They're hardly unknowns or new to acting. If you haven't heard of them that's merely the fact you haven't seen much of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Because LotR was mostly costumes, orcs were all people in fantasy looking masks/prosthetic make-up, the only full cgi character was Gollum. This movie is like 90% CGI. Add to that the fact that warcraft characters in general are more fairy tale like and that they don't actually look in the movie like you're used to from the games and you've got some unrealistic looking stuff.

Technologically, it's much more advanced, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a better looking, or generally just better, option.
    LoTR had quite a bit of CGI going on with characters, tho - Gimli, the Hobbits, the Balrog, just getting Frodo and Gandalf together on the screen and making it look natural was a big accomplishment for WETA, they did some amazing work that's skipped over, because you don't notice it - which is the sign of great CGI work.

I've felt the movie looks "off" for a while. I just get a "Howard the Duck" feeling from it. ILM may have done some spectacular work, and the environments are looking pretty spectacular, but how the movie is looking just doesnt feel "right" to me.

When the Nazrul attacked in LOTR, it felt "right". They're fantasy creatures that don't exist, but they felt organic to the movie's universe.

Something about the Warcraft footage feels off. Maybe it's that the humans look to flat compared to the highly exaggerated orcs and their impossible bodies and proportions. More than one person has commented how the human scenes look like a cheap made for tv movie. Maybe it's the camera lenses and angles Jones chose. Each piece, taken separately, look find - the orcs look fine on their own. The environments look fine. The humans look fine. But add them all together, and it just feels....not right.

I'm willing to consider that it may be better in the full movie, as our eyes will grow accustomed to it all as the movie plays out. Maybe not. But so far, I'm reacting to the trailers like I have to a lot of movies that turned out to be bad. My instincts are saying "bad".

We'll know in about 4 weeks what the verdict is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post
    That was so not the point of that video. Watch it again.

The point was that people notice CGI when the story sucks enough for them to pay attention to the CGI and critique it in the first place.

There was some really shitty CGI in Aladdin. Like... Really Shitty. How come that's never one we talk about?
    OH yea... because that 3 seconds was not even worth talking about compared to the rest of the movie.
    Admit it... You're not even really sure which part of the movie I'm talking about.

Point made.
    Giant stone cat head?

TLR and obvious trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    None of them are exactly A-list. You can't blame someone for not knowing any of them.
    Sooooo.... Robert Downy Jr. as Llane, Liam Neeson as Medivh, and Dwyane Johnson as Durotan? Riiiiight, that'll go over well.
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    So you rather have 100% cgi modells (like warcraft cinematics) without the motion capture technique they used for the movie oO? Have you actually seen the MOP cinematic human? It looks like garbage.

Also funny that you call garonas green skin a cheap body paint when its actually cgi (How is she supposed to look anway? Like the ingame model in WoW where blizzard was too lazy to create a unique model for her and just used the female orc one ?). And Sam Raimi was trashed because his story sucked.
    Same thing with GTA 5, they try for this realistic look...

It still looks like a cartoon! Give... It... Up.

So what this movie Warcraft does, and some new games: they map video source, not textures, which is real. Plus the mappingand tracking is better.

It makes a big difference. Less cartoony Orcs... Its hard to explain, but its the best realistic look right now.

I'll be honest, when clips of this movie just started showing up, I had serious doubts. But the more I see, the more I'm encouraged. I think we all need to step back and take a look at this a little more objectively. Frankly, we're all going to be a little too invested in the source material to see it clearly. Put it like this... Have you ever watched a family member or close friend perform in front of an audience and cringe when they make even minor mistakes? It's like you want so much for them to succeed that when things aren't flawless you really notice. I think the same is going to be true for those of us as fans. Is this movie going to be the best movie of the year? probably not. But I think if we relax a little bit, it can be an enjoyable movie. And if all goes well, we can have a successful movie that will to more.

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    LoTR had quite a bit of CGI going on with characters, tho - Gimli, the Hobbits, the Balrog, just getting Frodo and Gandalf together on the screen and making it look natural was a big accomplishment for WETA, they did some amazing work that's skipped over, because you don't notice it - which is the sign of great CGI work.

I've felt the movie looks "off" for a while. I just get a "Howard the Duck" feeling from it. ILM may have done some spectacular work, and the environments are looking pretty spectacular, but how the movie is looking just doesnt feel "right" to me.

When the Nazrul attacked in LOTR, it felt "right". They're fantasy creatures that don't exist, but they felt organic to the movie's universe.

Something about the Warcraft footage feels off. Maybe it's that the humans look to flat compared to the highly exaggerated orcs and their impossible bodies and proportions. More than one person has commented how the human scenes look like a cheap made for tv movie. Maybe it's the camera lenses and angles Jones chose. Each piece, taken separately, look find - the orcs look fine on their own. The environments look fine. The humans look fine. But add them all together, and it just feels....not right.

I'm willing to consider that it may be better in the full movie, as our eyes will grow accustomed to it all as the movie plays out. Maybe not. But so far, I'm reacting to the trailers like I have to a lot of movies that turned out to be bad. My instincts are saying "bad".

We'll know in about 4 weeks what the verdict is.

- - - Updated - - -

Giant stone cat head?

Quote Originally Posted by kerghan View Post

Point made.
    Cave of Wonders.

Your point is not made. I haven't seen the movie in well over a decade and I still remember that. Just like how the ballroom dance scene in Beauty and the Beast sticks out (which I should remind you was praised).