Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not complaining just to complain. It's seeing an issue with a system of the game and giving feedback on some legitimate concerns for how it works.
    This isn't even a case of slippery slope though; it's (almost) all or nothing. Let's not forget that these days when finishing a quest that awards gear, it changes according to the player's class and spec. It's the same difference as way back when.
    The limitations IMO are the most even handed approach; it's a compromise in a new system that didn't have to do this favor of giving retroactive rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    In the case of Warriors, we can equip EVERYTHING except wands and class specific gear.
    You can only unlock your primary armor type's appearance, so you won't automatically get cloth appearances when playing a rogue, can't get leather appearances when on a shaman, can't get mail appearances when on a warrior.
    and since that system would mesh really badly with armor type unlocks they've allowed plate and mail users to get plate/mail armor from level 1

The biggest problem is that this all stems from a misunderstanding. A statement that can be considered vague was assumed to mean one thing to some people. If the wardrobe was just used on a character to character basis, this thread wouldn't even be happening; or, more likely, it would but people would then start wanting it to be on every armor specialization or right back to where this thread is, unlocked on all.

Wrong thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    But in the end, I'm actually getting everything that Blizzard promised me.
    No, you DONT and thats the point of this thread...

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I don't know, I certainly feel like I'm getting everything I expected from the announcement. Folks are reading the slides and statements like they're contracts and using the nuances to forward their narrative. It's why a chunk of the posts on this thread question why it's even being made.

Actually from my perspective I'm only gaining things. Everything I actually wanted to transmog I kept them the old fashioned way.

I mean, sure, there's something to be said about having a wardrobe that makes Barbie jealous, but even a fashionista like Barbie has limits on the types of clothes she wants to wear.

I think the quest complaints are a bit overblown apart from the ones not available any more, no one is going to need to do loremaster 8 times or even once, you'd have to have extreme ocd tendencies to worry about that. Players will target the items and looks they want and do those quests/farm those drops.

The system obviously is not being designed such that you can unlock every single appearance.

Yes, I do. I get a system which stores my transmog and I get access to the gear that I earned while questing back in Vanilla and BC. That's all Blizzard told me I would get out of the Transmog system. Check out the slides in http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/...ation-changes/ - notice all it says is 'Items you may not have chosen'. Everyone assumed that that meant items that were for other classes. We all know what assuming does. Absolutely nothing about the current plans for Transmog are in any way different than what Blizzard promised me. So, yes, I do get exactly what they said I get, and a bit more besides.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel that some people here do not understand how there is a collection part in the wardrobe that has nothing to do with the actual transmog function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    In the case of Warriors, we can equip EVERYTHING except wands and class specific gear.
    You will be able to get any weapon looks at least (would not work with gear, for gear is only plate)

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!
    As I recollect, this is false. I could be wrong but I believe we were told the item had to be useable, this WAS in fact later changed to the item needing to actually BE FOR the class that loots it.

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    This is something they changed as far as I am aware but it makes perfect sense or you could just trade items around to share the unlock. This is acceptable IMO.

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”
    Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).
    Most quests nowadays only offer items for your class, I took their statement to mean that when I am offered a choice between plate shoulders and plates boots I will get the look of both. NOT that I will also get the looks for all the rewards I am not even offered like leather shoulders/boots and cloth and mail etc. Even if you didn't take it this way, this is a product of the same complaint I quoted first and is redundant.

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.
    This doesn't make any sense. YES there are some quests where there are faction specific rewards. That means that after you complete Loremaster 4 times on 1 faction you only need to go and seek out those specific quests on the other. Why on earth would you need to do the entirety of Loremaster over again multiple times on the other faction for the FEW pieces of faction unique rewards?

All in all this post is exceptionally redundant within itself. I'm going to tldr your post for you:

1) We no longer unlock everything we loot, just what is meant for our class/race/faction.
    2) Items now need to be soulbound and not be tradeable to avoid appearance sharing.
    Last edited by uiemad; 2016-05-28 at 07:23 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    As I recollect, this is false. I could be wrong but I believe we were told the item had to be useable, this WAS in fact later changed to the item needing to actually BE FOR the class that loots it.

This is something they changed as far as I am aware but it makes perfect sense or you could just trade items around to share the unlock. This is acceptable IMO.

Most quests nowadays only offer items for your class, I took their statement to mean that when I am offered a choice between plate shoulders and plates boots I will get the look of both. NOT that I will also get the looks for all the rewards I am not even offered like leather shoulders/boots and cloth and mail etc. Even if you didn't take it this way, this is a product of the same complaint I quoted first and is redundant.

This doesn't make any sense. YES there are some quests where there are faction specific rewards. That means that after you complete Loremaster 4 times on 1 faction you only need to go and seek out those specific quests on the other. Why on earth would you need to do the entirety of Loremaster over again multiple times on the other faction for the FEW pieces of faction unique rewards?

All in all this post is exceptionally redundant within itself. I'm going to tldr your post for you:

1) We no longer unlock everything we loot, just what is meant for our class/race/faction.
    2) Items now need to be soulbound and not be tradeable to avoid appearance sharing.
    Most of what was said in that opening post wasn't made by me, something I printed in big, giant text at the top. My own personal opinions down below are that needing Soulbound is completely reasonable and does indeed prevent sharing.

So if I keep this cloth helmet I got on my rogue in HFC, it won't unlock for my warlock because I don't wear cloth as my primary armor type?
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret990
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reyson View Post
    So if I keep this cloth helmet I got on my rogue in HFC, it won't unlock for my warlock because I don't wear cloth as my primary armor type?
    That's correct.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

> Builds an expansion basically forcing you to play 1 character and only 1 spec.
    > Nerfs mog system so you have to play multiple characters/specs.

Blizzard truly has some of the most retarded people on Earth working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    > Builds an expansion basically forcing you to play 1 character and only 1 spec.
    > Nerfs mog system so you have to play multiple characters/specs.

Blizzard truly has some of the most retarded people on Earth working for them.
    Pretty sure this is all voluntary. Should read more:
    1). Builds an xpac where it's a much bigger time investment to play multiple classes and specs, but completely your decision to do so.
    2). Builds a system where you no longer have to keep xmog in your bags, oh, and here's a bonus in case you play other classes of the same armor/weapon types if you choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That's correct.
    WOW. Well I guess that frees up a lot of space for all the (now useless) gear I've been storing. At least I hope the fix fist weapons so maces/axes can be mogged into them on my enh shammy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret990
    so worgens shammys--- wolves who turn into wolves who summon wolves who ride wolves-win
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor
    [Shadowmourne, I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but frostmourne is one of the best weapons of all time, of all time]

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Pretty sure this is all voluntary. Should read more:
    1). Builds an xpac where it's a much bigger time investment to play multiple classes and specs, but completely your decision to do so.
    2). Builds a system where you no longer have to keep xmog in your bags, oh, and here's a bonus in case you play other classes of the same armor/weapon types if you choose to do so.
    Yes, punishing people for playing alts/off specs is great game design.

We should also punish people IRL if they choose to have hobbies that aren't their chosen career. Fuck people who like doing more than 1 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Yes, punishing people for playing alts/off specs is great game design.

We should also punish people IRL if they choose to have hobbies that aren't their chosen career. Fuck people who like doing more than 1 thing.
    There is no room for discussion and no point in talking if you truly believe Blizzard is trying to "punish" you.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.