I've reported Mind trauma to be dumb and broken about 2-3 month ago. Nothing has changed since. I've rereported and provided detailed reasons why it can not stay. I said the talent will cause players to cast 0.1 mind sears AND HERE WE GO. The first videos pop up players doing exactly what i predicted. This is bad design, other players will complain why sp does so much scoreboard damage and blizzard will nerf us 4 weeks after legion has hit live realms.

But our flawed pvp tree hasn't been touched for the last 8 weeks anyway. There is still only one talent in each row to pick. We are unplayble squishy. The removal of Psychic horror and Leap of faith is still absurd.

The last Mind Bomb and Void torrent change is the climax of bad and weird changes.

It feels like feedback has become pointless at this point. I don't know what else to say.

I'm mad and frustrated. It feels like they have run out of budged for legion in march.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    This is bad design
    It feels like it's the motto for Legion tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    It feels like feedback has become pointless at this point. I don't know what else to say.
    Yup, basically beta = nothing will get changed just numbers. But hey "it's only alpha, no need to worry".

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    yes, SoI is gimped now for the whole mindsear the spawnpoint shenanigans, because SoI no longer procs from SWP, mindsear and SA damage.

and yes, it's an irrelevant gimmick out side of grips on full health targets or spawnpoints because you don't have 8+ initiation swp's rolling simultaneously.

vt apparitions are much less significant in pvp because of SWP spread. you can't have 12+ simultaneous vampiric touches like you can have from one tick of mindsear.

then dw about the only remaining strong point of shadow's pvp toolkit?
    It might be gimmicky but it doesnt change the fact that all thise things, even without vt, provides substantial dps. Maybe not kill anyone but surely enough for opening pressure and then some.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    It feels like it's the motto for Legion tbh.

don't be so harsh

Yup, basically beta = nothing will get changed just numbers. But hey "it's only alpha, no need to worry".
    Sadly this is the truth..Heard that so many times.

One thing I do not understand is why is there the mentality in the developers that the Shadowpriest must be the Shield Class that heals themselves while doing some damage and not having any form of kiting abilities. Don't they understand that our damage are connected to our healings. It is impossible to do damage or healing once you are trained and locked. Is it much if we ask for kiting abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sadly this is the truth..Heard that so many times.
    Keep in mind that I still think Legion is a good expac (in my opinion, at least better than WoD... we will have to see if they give us new content patch).
    And that I will still enjoy my Shadowpriest in pve and maybe in random bg.

I just am kinda pissed at having useless talents, and a lot of stuff that have been reported since alpha and see that nothing got changed about it. But they're kinda doing the same to every single class and I find it absolutely unacceptable to be so distant from the players' feedbacks when Legion is basically revamping a lot of classes.
    Seeing Celestalon posting WoW movie pr stuff/playing hots when everyone is asking for some input about their classes just feel like he doesn't care. It is his job. When you have an expac coming soon, I would imagine you'll focus on it and not be radio silent for several builds. He was somewhat present during the alpha and he was talking/answering on the forums/twitter but since the beta : nothing.

I really hope by mid june we'll see a lot of class changes (not tuning related).

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I just am kinda pissed at having useless talents, and a lot of stuff that have been reported since alpha and see that nothing got changed about it. But they're kinda doing the same to every single class and I find it absolutely unacceptable to be so distant from the players' feedbacks when Legion is basically revamping a lot of classes.
    Seeing Celestalon posting WoW movie pr stuff/playing hots when everyone is asking for some input about their classes just feel like he doesn't care. It is his job. When you have an expac coming soon, I would imagine you'll focus on it and not be radio silent for several builds. He was somewhat present during the alpha and he was talking/answering on the forums/twitter but since the beta : nothing.
    This is so true. It is sad.

I really hope by mid june we'll see a lot of class changes (not tuning related).
    KappaRoss, they have already said that basically everything is set in stone... At best they might change 1 talent per spec (which are, like, 36 now).

Many specs/classes, in my humble opinion, need SO much more, be it about fantasy, gameplay, mechanics, animations, or anything else. Too bad it won't happen.

Can anyone tell me what the best horde pve racial is for shadow, and is it really a big difference if I wanted to go say undead?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the best horde pve racial is for shadow, and is it really a big difference if I wanted to go say undead?
    In recent history at least, PvE racials have been almost imperceptibly close in performance. Roll whatever you like playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    In recent history at least, PvE racials have been almost imperceptibly close in performance. Roll whatever you like playing.
    Technically the Troll racial is the best with Shadow's haste synergy. Berserking + StM + VTor is extremely powerful. However @Huskar000 , unless you're really into min/max, play what you want. That cooldown is best, but really shines in a specific combination of haste buffs.

I'd be extremely surprised if any racial showed more than marginal gains in PvE. Those .1% are not going to make or break anything.

Do you think that there is a possibility we might get some form of kite control to help us survive those perky melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Do you think that there is a possibility we might get some form of kite control to help us survive those perky melee?
    In case you haven't realised yet, ranged being raped by melees 24/7 is a designed feature of Legion. Other ranged specs have absolutely the same problems as shadowpriests. So, I think no, there is no possibilities for us to be different in this particular matter.

A friendly advice: roll demon huntard, or rogue, or warrior, for pvp. Legion does not looks like a good expansion to play ranged. Or, if you're so fixated on playing ranged, stop whining and start making your 3v3/5v5/rbg team instead.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-22 at 05:24 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    All from my PVE perspective.

My Bug List for Shadow:
    • [DELETED]
    • Shadow Word: Death - new extra Insanity if you kill the target within 1 second is broken.
    • Shadow Mend - Coefficient is not 700% as stated.
    • Void Torrent - Can sometimes lose the Voidform buff at the start of its Channel.
    • Void Torrent - Can cast the ability and then have it cancel immediately, resulting in no cast whatsoever. I think it might be related to how the server processes Voidform Insanity Loss and whether or not Void Torrent can be cast. Almost certainly related to the bug above.
    • Dominant Mind - Any mind controlled Pet gets released if you summon a Mindbender.
    • Dominant Mind - Dominated pets don't retain action states (e.g., take certain abilities off of Autocast).
    • Void Bolt - Ability will sometimes cast when you are outside of Voidform and without Voidform bonuses at low Insanity.
    • Sphere of Insanity - Its Audio Effect is so annoying it might as well be listed as a bug.
    • Shadowy Insight - This talent behaves in a wonky manner. If it procs when you are casting Mind Blast, you get the instant cast effect but not the Cooldown reset. This is probably because of the artifact that lets Mind Blast stack to two.

General Talent Issues for Shadow:
    • Mind Bomb should not replace Psychic Scream. Make it replace Mind Control, instead.
    • Void Ray - Buff from this talent should last at least one second longer; during voidform and during execute, it falls off too easily; the talent should be reconsidered - it presents no interesting gameplay opportunities, merely rewards you for having a good rotation. DPS gain is too small relative to Void Lord or Reaper of Souls.
    • Void Ray - This should be affected by Mind Spike. It is still does not. It it did affect Mind Spike it would be almost entirely unusable unless every other GCD was spent casting Mind Spike (which you absolutely cannot do in Voidform).
    • Void Ray - Consider making this talent baseline for Shadow and replacing the talent with Sphere of Insanity; Shadow's damage outside of Voidform feels very irrelevant.
    • Power Infusion - This is too weak relative to Mindbender.
    • Shadowy Insight - This talent is too weak compared to Mindbender; in addition, the extra possible stack of Mind Blast should just be baked into the talent and the related Legendary item should be redesigned.
    • Mindbender - Consider giving Shadowfiend some Insanity generation in order to better balance this talent row.
    • Mind Spike - This should be redesigned. My suggestions: it should do as much damage on hit as two ticks of Mind Flay. Its detonation should meteor with nearby targets. It should detonate if the target dies.
    • Surrender to Madness - This needs to reset on wipe for bosses. Please.

General Issues
    • Surrender to Madness - This is so strong, it is silly. I know the effect is supposed to be meaningful given the cost, but this will be the goto talent for serious raiding shadow priest and it's a little crazy making (and not in the Flavorful Shadow Priest way).
    • AoE - Our AoE continues to be infuriatingly weak. I get that classes are supposed to have niches, but we need some extra AoE tool that isn't just Shadow Crash.
    • Survivability - Our survivability is the weakest that is has ever been. We are currently the most fragile class in the game. Our self-healing is not enough to keep up with damage as it comes in.
    • Mastery too Weak - Our Mastery is too weak before 4pT19. Please either buff it or allow it to affect other parts of our damage.
    • Sphere of Insanity - This artifact trait is so weak not that it is essentially useless. It has been nerfed so hard that it is almost irrelevant damage.
    • Void Torrent - Given how difficult this ability is to use, please consider giving it some unique advantages. Making you uninterruptable during its duration was very nice. Being able to move while casting it would also be nice. Something that helps given how hard it is to use and mess up.
    Last edited by Tanned; 2016-05-23 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Mass Hysteria changed so that there isn't an extra buff anymore so I deleted that bug. Added extra items.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I think Blizzard said, we are supposed to lack mobility so i rather have damage reduction like we had in Classic/BC/Wrath. More self healing will not solve the problem in pvp but i think they will stay stubborn and just increase self healing if anything.
    <inactive>

Wow, thanks Tanned that basically summed up everything (from a pve pov, tho some of them are issues in pvp aswell).

And wut, now that you mention the mass hysteria not working... I understand things better.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    [*]Void Torrent - Given how difficult this ability is to use, please consider giving it some unique advantages. Making you uninterruptable during its duration was very nice. Being able to move while casting it would also be nice. Something that helps given how hard it is to use and mess up.[/LIST]
    I probably agree with everything. Im just lvl 105 atm. But the Void torrent thing is really, really, annoying. uninterruptable and castable while moving should solve alot of its problems.

Hm, Mass Hysteria is working for me on my 110 character on the leveling realm. I'll pay attention to that a bit more in logs in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Hm, Mass Hysteria is working for me on my 110 character on the leveling realm. I'll pay attention to that a bit more in logs in the future.
    Do you have the buff? I'm not getting it anymore; before the beta launched I had the buff when it was active.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

I don't remember ever getting a buff for it, but I just looked at the combatlog to see if the dot damage was increasing each tick and it was doing so correctly.