Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Well....they cannot just put anduin as king only to leave him there for nothing in the near future. That's like having WoD end up with a cliffhanger, only to never be mentioned/seen again.......oh....wait.....ooohhhhhhhh
    Well I doubt they'd ever let the Alliance be led by a non human, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's there to stay. Have a whole other bucket of worms with what I think will happen with the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    This means literally nothing in the scheme of this conversation. You're delusional if you don't think they're bringing him back. Blizzard isn't clever enough to drop a bunch of red herrings in their story.

It didn't happen because they swapped out Anduin for Illidan. The vision is almost identical, except with Illidan having his Demon Hunter features. This was presumably before the fact that they were going to bring Illidan back. Also there's no chance of Illidan being possessed by a Naaru, that's not even hinted at.

My own bias? If you want to call "Understanding what the game is punching you in the face with" as "bias" then sure. Alright then.

But at this point you're still going to hide behind some vague nonsense about "WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIS BODY YET!" so I'm done.
    ... What?

My commentary was people are already deeming the character trash, when nothing has happened yet. A naaru in a book had a vision for Illidan, and in game the same Naaru said he was looking for Illidan. In game, the only thing we have seen of Illidan is in BC era, and then as a ghost where he says a quick comment. This is akin to in the Game of Thrones books, someone saying 'And it was fortold by my god that Hodor will learn to speak again and rule the land in peace and joy!', and then saying that Hodor is a trash character based only on that. It's silly.

You can't even have a reasonable conversation without insulting people or trying to say they're 'in denial' or 'hiding behind' things. You claim you know exactly what will happen based on something that's happened before and got changed, yet stick your fingers in your ears and stomp your feet when other possibilities are presented.

It's cool that you don't like what you think will happen, but try not to bash others for having a different opinion than you, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Illidan in the past: Fighting to destroy the Burning Legion by any means needed.
    If you mean by "fighting to destroy the legion", allying with the Legion, then yes.

Remember, he allied with those guys twice and pretty much only became an enemy because he failed KJ.

Not to mention the shit during BC.

"Those Broken wanted to be enslaved!"
    "These Orcs drank Magtheridons willingly, even those who refused!"
    "I ordered my Naga to control the water in Outland so we can distribute it equally!"
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-05-22 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you mean by "fighting to destroy the legion", allying with the Legion, then yes.

Remember, he allied with those guys twice.

Not to mention the shit during BC.

"Those Broken wanted to be enslaved!"
    "These Orcs drank Magtheridons willingly, even those who refused!"
    "I ordered my Naga to control the water in Outland so we can distribute it equally!"
    And, unless I'm terribly incorrect and will be checking on this in a moment to see, he even said he joined the Legion to learn more about them and get them from the inside.

How does any other act he did have anything to do with him destroying the Legion? The broken were used by him for his own means, never once said he was a nice guy, just that all of his actions have been towards destroying the Legion. I'd actually consider it the real betrayal (pun intended) of his character to suddenly make him touchy feely good guy. If he gets holy powers and combines them, but is still the painfully logical badass that gets things done, I'm on board. Sort of like a Rorschach-esk character.. He does good, but does some bad to get there.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-05-22 at 01:46 AM.

And, unless I'm terribly incorrect and will be checking on this in a moment to see, he even said he joined the Legion to learn more about them and get them from the inside.
    Doubt that was true for the second time.

Unless the Novel obviously retconned further elaborated the issue.

How does any other act he did have anything to do with him destroying the Legion? The broken were used by him for his own means, never once said he was a nice guy, just that all of his actions have been towards destroying the Legion.
    Well, basically saying "Remember all that shit Illidan has done during BC? It was all good because Legion!" It's 100% whitewashing.

How the control of Water resources on Outland helped against the Legion eludes me though.

Well, basically saying "Remember all that shit Illidan has done during BC? It was all good because Legion!" It's 100% whitewashing.
    Just because it served a greater cause, meaning the downfall of the legion, doesn't make his deeds any less despicable.

Doubt that was true for the second time.

Unless the Novel obviously retconned further elaborated the issue.

How the control of Water resources on Outland helped against the Legion eludes me though.
    I think we're talking circles around eachother, so I'll try to be more specific.

When it comes to him joining the Legion...
    "Illidan, with a new plan spurred into his mind, journeyed to Zin-Azshari. There, he feigned allegiance to Azshara and Mannoroth. Illidan's plan was to obtain the Demon Soul, an artifact of great power created by Deathwing also known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, which had the ability to close the portal which was allowing the demons to enter Kalimdor. However, to put this plan in action, Illidan had to gain more power. Illidan was eventually brought before Sargeras himself, who quickly discovered the night elf's plan to obtain the Demon Soul for the Legion. Sargeras was pleased with this plan and gave Illidan a "gift" in return for his allegiance. Illidan's eyes were burned out by Sargeras himself, despite still being beyond the portal and orbs of mystic fire set in their place that allowed Illidan to see all forms of magic and arcane tattoos covered his body. Azshara was fascinated by the "new" Illidan (who was wary of her advances), but remained cautious, sending Captain Varo'then to accompany Illidan in his search for the Demon Soul."

Unless you're saying all of it is a lie despite them now saying that's true.. in which case I don't know where to go from here?

Second, who anywhere has said 'It was all good because Legion!'? I don't see that here. I don't quite understand this part. He did bad things, in that end he was a bad guy, but in almost all of the bad things he's done, his end goal has always been to take out the Legion. He enslaved people, he forced people to do his bidding, he was quite the unpleasant individual, but he is also a 'The end justifies the means' type of person. Doesn't make him right, just makes him who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Just because it served a greater cause, meaning the downfall of the legion, doesn't make his deeds any less despicable.
    This.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-05-22 at 02:13 AM.

I think he's referring to the second time, in Frozen Throne when Illidan was working for KJ and fles to outland to avoid hos wrath, then attacked Outland again after KJ yelled at him after taking the black temple and then opposed the legion going into BC to avoid KJs wrath.

As for this prophecy I'm worried but will let it play out before judging.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That I don't see a problem, Argus is just one planet in the Great Darkness Beyond. This not counting with the countless multiverse Argus that Legion also control.

It is actually quite retard for the Army of Light to focus so much on one planet.
    The only important Argus is the one of the "true" timeline (ours)

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think he's referring to the second time, in Frozen Throne when Illidan was working for KJ and fles to outland to avoid hos wrath, then attacked Outland again after KJ yelled at him after taking the black temple and then opposed the legion going into BC to avoid KJs wrath.

As for this prophecy I'm worried but will let it play out before judging.
    KJ gave him power, which he wanted, so he could actually fight KJ and the others. He goes to Outland, realizes he can put forward the plan he has in Legion with the Demon Hunters, and expends everything towards that.

The prophecy is just that.. how many have there been in WoW or Warcraft in general? How many have come true exactly how they were stated/shown?

Deleted
    This stuff utterly destroys Illidan, especially since their is no grey morality in World of Warcraft. Everyone is good as long as Blizzards tells us they are good and our allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    This stuff utterly destroys Illidan, especially since their is no grey morality in World of Warcraft. Everyone is good as long as Blizzards tells us they are good and our allies.
    Not sure that is accurate with what the death knights are doing and their new 'recruits'

The Death Knights would like to have a word with you in their latest questline. I'll wait for the character people say is destroyed to actually do something before I jump on that bandwagon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Hoping Xe'ra is mistaken, and it turns out its [spoilers]Anduin and Sylvanas who are the champions. [/spoilers]
    Hahah Sylvanas? That would be so fucking random. Even more so than Illidan. Sylvanas and Genn need to die already. I'm already pissed about their shit storyline in Legion. Well more so Genns, but Sylvanas is meh now too.

Haven't you heard, you're not allowed to take what the game is blatantly telling you and think that's what will happen.

The Death Knights would like to have a word with you in their latest questline. I'll wait for the character people say is destroyed to actually do something before I jump on that bandwagon.
    ...new questline?

Deleted
    I have Warcrimes, Wolfheart, War of the Ancients and Warlords of Draenor to prove my point.

And we all know that the Death Knights will never face consequences for what they do and even the Paladins will still willingly work together with them, as if nothing ever happened.

I have Warcrimes, Wolfheart, War of the Ancients and Warlords of Draenor to prove my point.

And we all know that the Death Knights will never face consequences for what they do and even the Paladins will still willingly work together with them, as if nothing ever happened.
    You have multiple books that have had their cannon revoked and an expansion where a bad guy was a bad guy until Blizzard's love for orcs took over as your proof? You're talking about there only being good or bad, no in between.. the DKs (Supposedly) sack the Paladin order hall. If they did something wrong like that for the right reasons, that's called the grey area. If they were then labeled as bad guys as you're apparently wishing they were.. isn't that no longer grey and they are just flat out the bad guy? I'm trying to get your point here but I'm apparently failing.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ...new questline?
    DKs sack pally order hall to raise one of their own as a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Not sure that is accurate with what the death knights are doing and their new 'recruits'
    In the end it won't matter though. Because DKs are doing it for the "greater good" and there will be no repercussions to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    In the end it won't matter though. Because DKs are doing it for the "greater good" and there will be no repercussions to it.
    Does that not fall into the definition of a morally grey area?

It sure does, because now those deeds now suddenly get the sidenote being necessary to defeat the legion, which they previously never had.

Because the core issue seems pretty much that this "turn of events" was not intended when bc was released, this plottwist fails because it feels forced since there was not a single hint in Bc.

Second, who anywhere has said 'It was all good because Legion!'? I don't see that here. I don't quite understand this part.
    As another post said, it was about TFT.

his end goal has always been to take out the Legion.
    His goal was mainly power and magic.

Illidan was a guy who as failed the Legion and therefore was under siege by them during BC, since Novel he was basically about to take down the Legion itself, he sort of went from a guy who has to fear the Legion to the only person which can take down the Legion.

Even if his plan was *once again* to gather power / information from the Legion against them, couldn't KJ foresee this? I mean KJ is pretty much one of the most cunning being in Warcraft lore and his organization was about the fooled by the same guy again, he should've known what Illidans "true intentions" were.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-05-22 at 02:59 AM.