Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, that was clearly the point of the thread.
    I'm inclined to think so...
    I mean, if you're not window lickingly slow, the obvious answer is just to tell them instead of making attention threads.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I mean, if you're not window lickingly slow, the obvious answer is just to tell them instead of making attention threads.
    I imagined to OP like this, lol

Just don't text them back, OP.

Eventually they will stop altogether in trying to communicate with you or come to understand you are not the talkative/social type. It is likely if one prefers being alone or just simply spending a lot of time with themselves; one wouldn't miss the former too much and the latter is ideal.

Don't worry a single bit about people thinking you are 'mean' in life. Do you, as Hume might say.

I mean, if your reading comprehension skills extend to actually reading the thread or at least the original post in the thread, you'll see that I've done this already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Just don't text them back, OP.

Eventually they will stop altogether in trying to communicate with you or come to understand you are not the talkative/social type. It is likely if one prefers being alone or just simply spending a lot of time with themselves; one wouldn't miss the former too much and the latter is ideal.

Don't worry a single bit about people thinking you are 'mean' in life. Do you, as Hume might say.
    Thanks, Fencers! I appreciate the Hume reference in your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/QXSuDp7.gif

Because relevant.

I wouldn't say beta though....some guys just are interested in talking to the girl.
    Those guys sound like every girl's gay best friend. I hated my ex gf's being the cock block and saying shit about me. They think they're in the relationship too.

Real talk, this thread is clearly for one of our fellow champions.

Quote Originally Posted by iPoopRainbows View Post
    Another funny thing I did when I was first with my current fiance (When I met him he was needy as hell to the point of it being annoying) I would just reply with pictures LOL. I would take a pic of my iMac I am working on, or take a pic of the coffee I am drinking at work, or take a pic with me rolling my eyes upward, and the great ol' pic of my middle finger! xD
    The middle finger pic would only encourage me.

Any chance you can refrain from using the phone except for certain times each day ?

That way you can go through your backlog of texts at *your* leisure, instead of constantly being at theirs.

If your phone "must" be used for work, or whatnot, then it makes it a little tougher for you to stick with screening their calls, but it helps if you have your guidelines set ahead of time for when you will or WONT take personal calls. So that when they come up, you ignore them. Period.

If you can realize, and I mean like REALLY REALIZE that they want in your pants or to cyber with you, WHICH THEY DO, then you might find the strength in disgust to just get rid of them.

If you don't want to do that, then you ENJOY BEING COURTED BY THEM, and even the court of law will no longer support you. You brought this on yourself.

Just cut them off, or keep 'em hanging and suck their souls away much like you pleasure yourself to these five pages of biters onto your troll bait.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I mean, if your reading comprehension skills extend to actually reading the thread or at least the original post in the thread, you'll see that I've done this already.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Fencers! I appreciate the Hume reference in your reply.
    Well first off, maybe you haven't been as direct and honest as you should have been...like try less roundabout and more "fuck off asshole, I am at work and work does not let me text, and I don't want to get fucking fired you fucking idiot"
    If that failed, that's your bad for not having the brains to just open their info on your phone and swipe the little switch that says "DO NOT DISTURB'.

Wait, if ONLY phones had tools that let you managed who and when people were able to contact you...if only...

So are you that window-lickingly slow after all?
    Or should you maybe just stop shitting us and use the tools you are given?

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-22 at 03:49 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Fairly interesting commentary and reaction to this thread in total.

I think a lot of topics here concerning sex, dating and gender based social etiquette bring out a lot hostile &/or bitterness among the user base here. So weird the direction a thread may take actually.

However that superficial observation aside, I think there is merit in being upfront with potential suitors. Though if one does not want to limit options or is simply way too busy (although is largely an invention for most) the strategy of simply ignoring people not understanding of one's time or intent. The latter being predicated on making those intentions clear. After that it's on the other party to act appropriately.

So are you that window-lickingly slow after all?
    Or should you maybe just stop shitting us and use the tools you are given?
    I was hoping for more advice along ways I could get the message across without having to filter my messages/sounding like an asshole, but considering the nature of your posts I doubt that is something that you would be able to assist with.

I was hoping for more advice along ways I could get the message across without having to filter my messages/sounding like an asshole, but considering the nature of your posts I doubt that is something that you would be able to assist with.
    I'd go with what Fencers said, and just ignore their texts until you feel like answering them. It's not confrontational, and it should get the point across that you can't always / don't always want to message back right away, especially at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fairly interesting commentary and reaction to this thread in total.

I think a lot of topics here concerning sex, dating and gender based social etiquette bring out a lot hostile &/or bitterness among the user base here. So weird the direction a thread may take actually.
    I noticed that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    23 texts in one day????? Jesus fucking christ..... tell him to fuck off. Either u do it or ill do it. Fucking hell thats way too much....guy like that is thinking with his dick first and foremost, nothing else.
    No, if his dick was a priority, he wouldn't spend all his time texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    I'd go with what Fencers said, and just ignore their texts until you feel like answering them. It's not confrontational, and it should get the point across that you can't always / don't always want to message back right away, especially at work.
    Yeah. This is what I usually do, but one individual gets upset when I do this. But I'll reiterate the fact that I'm unavailable to chat at work and see what happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Straight up, ignoring is the worst thing a girl can do.

Nothing like knowing somebody saw your message and is deliberately ignoring you.

Like, it personally angers me and causes me to send more until they reply.

This sounds like the poorest strategy for a sender.

Straight up, ignoring is the worst thing a girl can do.

Nothing like knowing somebody saw your message and is deliberately ignoring you.

Really? I just stop texting them. Its a waste of time, generally.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you say smarmy shit doesn't make you smart, the problem isn't a problem, put your phone on silent and ignore it like everybody else is on the planet, it's a simple answer really.
    You've already had plenty of really good advice, and here you are still, with your 'problem'.
    Because you don't have a problem, you have an unhealthy sociological game you're trotting out to get your jollies.
    Here's the game in a nutshell:

You present the problem, everyone suggests solutions, none of those are acceptable, and we all fall into silence in a 'poor you'.
    Sound familiar?
    You don't like me and others because we refuse to play.
    /thread