Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wait Illidan's role has always from the beginning been to combat the Legion and now that his role is being emphasized it's a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by zahK View Post
    Wait Illidan's role has always from the beginning been to combat the Legion and now that his role is being emphasized it's a problem?
    Not to mention he always used the most powerful way to combat them, which we know how that light and shadow>fel

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Not to mention he always used the most powerful way to combat them, which we know how that light and shadow>fel
    Easiest and fastest way to get power to destroy the legion is kind of his MO, so if a holy wind chime shows up and says "Hey, lemme put some holy juice in you and you can kill the Legion', pretty sure he'd be quick to get that fill-up.

Whatevas. I kicked Illidan's ass back at lvl 70 so the fact he is back at all is an affront.

WE WANT ILLIDAN BACK, BLIZZARD! You killed him too soon.

HE IS BACK! CRINGE LEVEL IS OVER 9000!

Kerrigan wasn't a douchebag like Illidan.

Wondering here just what Elune is..
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-22 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Extreme cringe alert. I love that you can't take any criticism when you clearly loaded a video meant to be about lore with your stupid shitty opinion. Guess what? Nobody wants to hear it, in comments from you or in video form.
    Thanks for your support! My favorite part was when you told me to kill myself. That was the first time that's ever happened on Youtube. I feel like a real Youtuber now.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-22 at 05:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well i think that both DC and Marvel are shit, and should by no means be any form of inspiration for a goddamn fantasy game.
    DC got the better comics and TV shows, Marvel got the better movies. I watch them all, and no neither is shit sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    WE WANT ILLIDAN BACK, BLIZZARD! You killed him too soon.

HE IS BACK! CRINGE LEVEL IS OVER 9000!

Kerrigan wasn't a douchebag like Illidan.

Wondering here just what Elune is..
    Agreed. The real thing I was wondering after it happened is wtf Elune actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Agreed. The real thing I was wondering after it happened is wtf Elune actually is.
    One thought that came up is if there is the Void Lords, whom are the 'peak' of shadow as it were, and they don't even have physical form, yet created the Old Gods, so far Elune is the closest opposite I can think of. She is an apparent force of light, that created the Naaru, so maybe she would be whatever they end up deciding to call the 'peak' of the Light side?

Given how very similar Warcraft / Starcraft / Diablo cosmology has become, we should take note of Diablos version of creation: Which essentially started when a single God (Anu) fractured itself into separate Good/Light and Evil/Shadow (Tathemet) aspects, who later went on to be associated with Heaven and Hell and spawn/breed/create Angels and Demons etc.

Well... Elune is increasingly being positioned as ultimate Light, who now has created the Naaru. And the Naaru appear very angelic in role and motivations throughout Warcraft. Eerily reminiscent of Diablo cosmology (Anu, from whom Angels spawned)

So.... I wouldnt be too surprised if Warcrafts cosmology continued down a similar path - and Elune was revealed to be the Light of Creation incarnate, which could lead to another revelation that she has a Shadow equivalent. (Not just 'a void lord' - but rather a single entity all Shadow derived from). Whether it and Elune had any sort of special relationship past or present (like in Diablo) would remain to be seen.

I wouldnt be surprised if "Void Lords" was merely the placeholder title or name for a single entity as described above, who was Elunes polar opposite, and not a pantheon of personalities like the Titans.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-05-22 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Given how very similar Warcraft / Starcraft / Diablo cosmology has become, we should take note of Diablos version of creation: Which essentially started when a single God (Anu) fractured itself into separate Good/Light and Evil/Shadow (Tathemet) aspects, who later went on to be associated with Heaven and Hell and spawn/breed/create Angels and Demons etc.

Well... Elune is increasingly being positioned as ultimate Light, who now has created the Naaru. And the Naaru appear very angelic in role and motivations throughout Warcraft. Eerily reminiscent of Diablo cosmology (Anu, from whom Angels spawned)

So.... I wouldnt be too surprised if Warcrafts cosmology continued down a similar path - and Elune was revealed to be the Light of Creation incarnate, which could lead to another revelation that she has a Shadow equivalent. (Not just 'a void lord' - but rather a single entity all Shadow derived from). Whether it and Elune had any sort of special relationship past or present (like in Diablo) would remain to be seen.

I wouldnt be surprised if "Void Lords" was merely the placeholder title or name for a single entity as described above, who was Elunes polar opposite, and not a pantheon of personalities like the Titans.
    Could be a funky many body one mind thing like the Borg.. but I think they'd risk even more of that whole 'It's like Starcraft!' mentality, so probably for the best that not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    One thought that came up is if there is the Void Lords, whom are the 'peak' of shadow as it were, and they don't even have physical form, yet created the Old Gods, so far Elune is the closest opposite I can think of. She is an apparent force of light, that created the Naaru, so maybe she would be whatever they end up deciding to call the 'peak' of the Light side?
    It's a very real possibility. Although personally I like the theory that Elune is just her own deal. An actual true Goddess of the Warcraft universe. One who really isn't Light or Shadow, but is just her own deal.

Because if she IS the epitome of the Light, she's done a pretty shit job. She's only really spread her influence among those that worship her. And waited for the Dark Trolls to become a thing before she even did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

This follows my theory that Elune may be responsible for both the Void Lords and the Naruu. I also agree that it could be void lords is a holder for a single entity, that or there is a Yin to Elune's Yang so to speak.

Deleted
    *sigh* and M-Ra goes on his usual calling of everyone who disagrees with his (often radical) points a moron.

Why can't we just have a constructive discussion for a change.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-22 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zahK View Post
    Does he have to be a holy avatar of the light who is at peace and perfect and utterly boring?

He doesn't. Why can't Illidan just be his douchey self that does vile things for the greater good? That's why people liked him. Leave the holy stuff to Anduin or Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Does he have to be a holy avatar of the light who is at peace and perfect and utterly boring?

He doesn't. Why can't Illidan just be his douchey self that does vile things for the greater good? That's why people liked him. Leave the holy stuff to Anduin or Turalyon.
    EXACTLY! Exactly.

Illidan is fine being the douchebag who has done things but ultimately wants to help us. He doesn't need to become the Holy Chosen One as well.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    What I want to know is, what the hell does it start with 'This ancient super rare lore speculates that Elune may have created the Elder Naaru!' and then fails to bring up Elune or the Elder Naaru's origins afterwards. Like, seriously, WTF? How would someone from the ancient past of Azeroth even know about the Naaru, much less Elune creating them? It sounds like he found some crazy theory and bought into it, and then doesn't mention it after hearing something real.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    What I want to know is, what the hell does it start with 'This ancient super rare lore speculates that Elune may have created the Elder Naaru!' and then fails to bring up Elune or the Elder Naaru's origins afterwards. Like, seriously, WTF? How would someone from the ancient past of Azeroth even know about the Naaru, much less Elune creating them? It sounds like he found some crazy theory and bought into it, and then doesn't mention it after hearing something real.
    At least in the game, for this point, it makes sense.

Because we find Light's Heart, and Velen is all "zomg this holds so much wisdom, but needs an ancestor of Xe'ra to open!" and then O'ros is killed by Rakeesh (Velen's son) in the scenario, and Velen becomes all emo, and all seems lost. So Khadgar apparently finds something that leads him to claim Elune created Xe'ra and we use the Tear of Elune to open it and learn the information.

I'm with you, I really just want to know wtf Elune is at this point, but at least for this specific event, it makes sense the way in which it plays out.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-24 at 12:34 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    At least in the game, for this point, it makes sense.

Because we fine Light's Heart, and Velen is all "zomg this holds so much wisdom, but needs an ancestor of Xe'ra to open!" and then Xe'ra is killed by Rakeesh (Velen's son) in the scenario, and Velen becomes all emo, and all seems lost. So Khadgar apparently finds something that leads him to claim Elune created Xe'ra and we use the Tear of Elune to open it and learn the information.

I'm with you, I really just want to know wtf Elune is at this point, but at least for this specific event, it makes sense the way in which it plays out.
    It's especially frustrating because no one on Azeroth would know. Before the Draenei, knowledge of the Naaru didn't exist. Before the Draenei got to Azeorth, knowledge of Elune didn't exist to the Draenei. It doesn't make any god damn sense and I'm tired of this crazy bullshit! Khadgar COULD NOT have found it in a book somewhere! I'm just so disgusted with the writing decisions for this expansion...

Didn't the Developers state that they wanted to give Illidan a good redemption story? And everyone knows that Blizzard is making a Kerrigan 2.0 with Illidan's story (Sadly). But glad its him cause we've known Illidan since Warcraft 3 or maybe Frozen Throne (been too long) and for Anduin we just knew about him in Vanilla. And come Legion is what 16 or maybe 18. Highly doubt he knows conflict since hes all about trying to find peace and avoid conflict.

How does Khadgar know Illidan is dead? Does he see him get stabbed or he see's Gul'dan rip illidan's soul away?